Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seriously ???? Lamptey to Wolves on loan?

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Portuguese press saying Sporting are still very much interested.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Portuguese press saying Sporting are still very much interested.

Taken alongside the 'news' about Sacha Boey it might be true.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He’s the only player that seems to have gone backwards in the last few years. I think it may be the injury. When he first came on the scene he was the most exciting player we had and made those covid games so enjoyable. I want to give him more time and a run of games and keep him tbh…

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Harsh reality. He needs to go and an upgrade brought in. He’s not PL standard, esp Top 6.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My instinct is that he isn’t a RDZ player. He’s hugely entertaining to watch, but loses the ball quite frequently. Him out for €15m, Boey in for €20m, and a new contract for Veltman seems like something we might do.

I’ve noticed this in his appearances under RDZ. Did he used to give the ball away all the time when he was the best RB in the League pre-injury? I honestly can’t remember? But I’d hope we break even in terms of the Boey fee and the Lamptey sale if your vision come to fruition.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Harsh reality. He needs to go and an upgrade brought in. He’s not PL standard, esp Top 6.
Im not sure he's that bad, he is PL standard. I believe his strength is definitely more in the attacking sense than defending, and he was/is a good player for a team playing a back 3, which we used too but dont really anymore.

With a back 4, you have to be able to defend and thats the weakness in his all round game.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Im not sure he's that bad, he is PL standard. I believe his strength is definitely more in the attacking sense than defending, and he was/is a good player for a team playing a back 3, which we used too but dont really anymore.

With a back 4, you have to be able to defend and thats the weakness in his all round game.

I agree with this to an extent but then look at some of the positions Pervis finds himself in. At times he's playing like a centre forward!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Wow a few days after officially qualifying for the Europa league and a player who has suffered terribly due to injuries and hardly played is no longer regarded as PL standard and needs to be shipped 🤣 All these extra Europa league games with an ageing Veltman and right now no other right back option yeah piss off Lamptey you are championship son FFS.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Wow a few days after officially qualifying for the Europa league and a player who has suffered terribly due to injuries and hardly played is no longer regarded as PL standard and needs to be shipped 🤣 All these extra Europa league games with an ageing Veltman and right now no other right back option yeah piss off Lamptey you are championship son FFS.
Veltman has just turned 31, he’s hardly a relic.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

He's not an EPL standard defender

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He's not an EPL standard defender
No idea how you could draw that conclusion? A couple of years ago in the PL, he was arguably our best player in the PL. Loads of MOTM peformances and rave reviews in the PL.

Yes injuries and form have curtailed him, but that doesnt guarantee he cant get back to those levels. If he can, he will again be a good PL player.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's been unfortunate really but he's struggled so badly with injuries and he doesn't have that outrageous pace anymore. Without it, sadly, he just isn't that good. Gutted for him really because he was so exciting when he burst onto the scene. If we want to improve the squad this summer replacing him with quality would be an obvious move.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We need players who are all calm under pressure and able to pick the right pass. Lamptey is still developing his game as a young player but Veltman is so good defensively that Lamptey hasn't had the minutes

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The negativity on here about Lamptey not being adequate for the PL, I just don't understand it.
Previously he has shown his qualities in being a pacey, energetic RB with a strong will and good determination.
Of course injuries have affected him physically and since he has come back it seems to be hard for him to get back to that previous level.
However he has time to grow, and I believe he has a good mental attitude, maybe Brighton isn't the club for him now but he still does have a lot of potential.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here