Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seriously, how THICK are West Ham and Millwall fans?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
You see, I just can't buy into this "they were simply celebrating a goal" theory. West Ham will have rescued PLENTY of matches late on, and it won't prompt a full-scale pitch invasion of celebrating fans. All they'd done, in a poxy 2nd round Carling Cup game, is equalise against a team from the 3rd division. Would that NORMALLY generate such a spontaneous burst of joy that meant everyone went on the pitch to celebrate ? Would fans be on the pitch celebrating like that if it was an equaliser against, say, Walsall ? Of course not.

It was Millwall. It was a chance to get on the pitch and wind up their fans. Lets get real about it.

And taking kids along to get involved in that is madness.

Trust me mate, from what I saw 5 or 6 lads tried to gode the Millwall fans in front of their fans during the first pitch invasion (equaliser) that was it. The rest of the time people were just running about going loopy (one lad did a Klinsman style dive and got photographed just as he hit the floor, the London paper claimed last night he was lying injured on the field. Admittedly it looked like the kid was spark out but talk about crafty journos spinning something to shift papers).

Here's a pic from my phone, Millwall are up the other end.

Attachments

• IMG_0264.JPG
    IMG_0264.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 189

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
See if you can explain what you mean before your organ grinder re-appears.

I wonder why I might get pissed off at someone who hijacks every thread with an aggressive post on the same subject QUOTE]

hahaha organ grinder I like that.

I would say he is more Michael Elphick to my Elephant Man.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Trust me mate, from what I saw 5 or 6 lads tried to gode the Millwall fans in front of their fans during the first pitch invasion (equaliser) that was it. The rest of the time people were just running about going loopy (one lad did a Klinsman style dive and got photographed just as he hit the floor, the London paper claimed last night he was lying injured on the field. Admittedly it looked like the kid was spark out but talk about crafty journos spinning something to shift papers).

Here's a pic from my phone, Millwall are up the other end.

:shrug:
Well, you were there and I wasn't, so you're obviously in a better position than me to read the nature of what went on than I am.

But I STILL wouldn't dream of taking my lad on a grand tour of the penalty area when theres a baying angry mob a hundred yards away just itching for a ruck.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
None of which disproves the theory that
(a) The West Ham fans wanted an "in your face, f*** YOU" goal celebration rampage round the pitch because it was Millwall, or
(b) that it was an even remotely sensible idea to drag kids into it as well

Anyhoo, I think I might be coming across as though I really give a stuff about it, which I don't to be honest. I just can't agree with the stuff about it all being a bit of a harmless "cocker-nee knees up muvva braaan celebration, and hey, being the family along" type thing. Just didn't look like that to me.

I dont disagree with either a) or b) mate.

I would direct my indignation more at the people outside stabbing people in the chest long before this pitch invasion, though. In the light of rumours flying round the ground of stabbings on both sides it could be argued that the pitch invasions were restraint itself.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I dont disagree with either a) or b) mate.

I would direct my indignation more at the people outside stabbing people in the chest long before this pitch invasion, though. In the light of rumours flying round the ground of stabbings on both sides it could be argued that the pitch invasions were restraint itself.

Indeed.
And for that reason alone, that pitch invasion could quite easily have turned much, much nastier. Quite surprising that it didn't, given that background.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Indeed.
And for that reason alone, that pitch invasion could quite easily have turned much, much nastier. Quite surprising that it didn't, given that background.

No. Very unlikely. thats my point. No one was going to 'have it' in the ground apart from beer monsters. why do that and almost GUARANTEE getting put away, if it went off properly on the pitch. thats why its all a silly sideshow for fat nobs from Essex, and for some reason people are wetting their knickers about that.

If you had seen it outside before the match with people lying around on pavements groaning everywhere, that was a different story. inside the ground may look dramatic and a potential flashpoint, but it wasnt.

some fat waster from basildon jumping about from 80 yards away is not going to make it any worse outside than it already is.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Oh my days he's exploded! :lolol:

And now I'm not allowed to complain at the fact that YOU highjack every f***ing thread with a tedious bitter rant at anyone who doesn't conform to your one-eyed nationalist ideals. Apparently because I'm doing rather better than you. It certainly isn't because I'm talking about social injustice while daring to live in Reigate - unless your definition of social injustice is putting up with a tedious fucktard ranting at anyone he doesn't agree with on every f***ing thread, while sitting in a suit in an office doing a middle class job - not unlike most of us on here.

Tell you what bushy, my bitter and racist chum - be sure to tell me what I am allowed to have an opinion on. I'm not allowed to talk about football because I'm middle class. Sadly me being a Brighton fan for 25 years and a STH for a good number of them, simply isn't enough. If only I was like you, what with being a Chelsea fan on this Brighton message board, and a real working class mucker to boot (funny, I thought you worked in the City as a commodities trader), and proper football fan (because I'm convinced you were one of the 7,000 rattling around in "the Bridge" 12 years ago).

And finally are you going to back up this assertion that I'm anti army with some facts? Best not; stick to your usual bollocks about nappies being thrown, and how your experiences as a near street kid are far more relevant - the board spackers lap that sort of stuff right up. Why, I'm half expecting Das Reich to leap to your defence by "hilariously" replying to this post with "yeah simtsster frmo riegate difrent class :tosser: " or some other sort of drivel.

If anyone is the hypcrite here, it's you. You really are massive hypocrite - as HT as said, you're about as anti establishment as Norman Tebbit, only a bit more racist. :bigwave:
Doing rather better than me ? I Had your f***ing CV on my desk two months ago !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No. Very unlikely. thats my point. No one was going to 'have it' in the ground apart from beer monsters. why do that and almost GUARANTEE getting put away, if it went off properly on the pitch. thats why its all a silly sideshow for fat nobs from Essex, and for some reason people are wetting their knickers about that.

If you had seen it outside before the match with people lying around on pavements groaning everywhere, that was a different story. inside the ground may look dramatic and a potential flashpoint, but it wasnt.

some fat waster from basildon jumping about from 80 yards away is not going to make it any worse outside than it already is.

But you still agree that having kids on the pitch in that situation was, to say the least, a bit dodgy...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Doing rather better than me ? I Had your f***ing CV on my desk two months ago !

How was your trip to the pool? Do you prefer arm bands or a float?

Jan 30, 2008
Oh my days he's exploded! :lolol:

And now I'm not allowed to complain at the fact that YOU highjack every f***ing thread with a tedious bitter rant at anyone who doesn't conform to your one-eyed nationalist ideals. Apparently because I'm doing rather better than you. It certainly isn't because I'm talking about social injustice while daring to live in Reigate - unless your definition of social injustice is putting up with a tedious fucktard ranting at anyone he doesn't agree with on every f***ing thread, while sitting in a suit in an office doing a middle class job - not unlike most of us on here.

Tell you what bushy, my bitter and racist chum - be sure to tell me what I am allowed to have an opinion on. I'm not allowed to talk about football because I'm middle class. Sadly me being a Brighton fan for 25 years and a STH for a good number of them, simply isn't enough. If only I was like you, what with being a Chelsea fan on this Brighton message board, and a real working class mucker to boot (funny, I thought you worked in the City as a commodities trader), and proper football fan (because I'm convinced you were one of the 7,000 rattling around in "the Bridge" 12 years ago).

And finally are you going to back up this assertion that I'm anti army with some facts? Best not; stick to your usual bollocks about nappies being thrown, and how your experiences as a near street kid are far more relevant - the board spackers lap that sort of stuff right up. Why, I'm half expecting Das Reich to leap to your defence by "hilariously" replying to this post with "yeah simtsster frmo riegate difrent class :tosser: " or some other sort of drivel.

If anyone is the hypcrite here, it's you. You really are massive hypocrite - as HT as said, you're about as anti establishment as Norman Tebbit, only a bit more racist. :bigwave:

drivel:laugh: there's a whole page of it here

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Haha, quality picture! People who are saying "Wet Sham" - I take it you're about 12 years old?

Also, if someone who is with his daughter decides to run on, they're hardly going to leave there daughter behind, are they?

Can't be a good ol' pitch invasion - but saying that the West Ham (Wet Sham to those who think it's really funny) pitch invasion was far from GOOD.

Jan 30, 2008
Haha, quality picture! People who are saying "Wet Sham" - I take it you're about 12 years old?

Also, if someone who is with his daughter decides to run on, they're hardly going to leave there daughter behind, are they?

Can't be a good ol' pitch invasion - but saying that the West Ham (Wet Sham to those who think it's really funny) pitch invasion was far from GOOD.
and you are 18 :fishing:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Yes, I can see what you mean. How can you possibly stay in the stands with your young daughter when a goal goes in. FAR more responsible to take them with you when you decide to invade the pitch during the game.

No brainer really innit.

:rolleyes:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
and you are 18 :fishing:

You seem to be growing an obcession with me, I'm not 18, no, but I call teams by there proper name, COZ i'm NAWTY.

Yes, I can see what you mean. How can you possibly stay in the stands with your young daughter when a goal goes in. FAR more responsible to take them with you when you decide to invade the pitch during the game.

No brainer really innit.

:rolleyes:

That wasn't my point, I was explaning WHY there was 'daughters' on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here