Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seriously, how THICK are West Ham and Millwall fans?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nah, I'm throwing in the towel buddy. Can't be bothered any more and I've got work to do.

Fair enough. One question though.
If you were there as a West Ham fan with a child you'd taken along to that game, given those circumstances, are you saying you'd have no qualms at all about running onto the pitch to celebrate that late equaliser, bringing your kiddy on with you ?

If you were there as a West Ham fan with a child you'd taken along to that game, given those circumstances, are you saying you'd have no qualms at all about running onto the pitch to celebrate that late equaliser, bringing your kiddy on with you ?

To be fair, you'd have to be a complete nutjob to take a child to bloody West Ham vs Millwall in the first place!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Canarf run thems hammers

1z6s2zn.jpg

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Mr "Castigate the army at every opportunity". Erm, right, yeah that's me. lol. Do a search on my posts for the word "army" and I reckon you'd find more "pro" army posts than "anti".

The rest of your post is just noise really, because it's utterly irrelevant. If you recall, I'm pointing at your posts are nearly ALL about the same thing - yet more boorish, feeble crusade against anyone who complains about the British establishment.
I'm pretty anti establishment myself , cerainly more so than a rank hypocrite who has a well paid city job,lives in reigate of all f***ing places , and has the cheek to complain about social injustice from a five bed detached house, with his I'm all right jack views and convictions rarely, if ever, put to the test.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This bushy/Simster spat clearly has FAR more legs.

*pulls up chair*

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
To be fair, you'd have to be a complete nutjob to take a child to bloody West Ham vs Millwall in the first place!

Exactly. Even if you did go, because your child REALLY wanted to, or it was always going to be a birthday treat, and you couldn't back out when the draw was made. Then you would be doing everything to keep them away from trouble, and out of harms way.

What mentality makes you leap the boards, and run across the pitch with them, is just totally beyond me.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Now - he's gone. That bushy eh ? And he doesn't even support the Albion. He has a bit of a one-track mind. And it it not beer, football or sex.
I said I was JUST going ! The albion may not be my number one team , but their result is the first one I look for after chelsea's, and beer football and sex are FAR more important than anything else mate, well at least to those that don't have to bring it up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm pretty anti establishment myself

Dont make me laugh. You spent at least four years of your life having orders barked at you and asking 'how high' when told to jump. You now bet on gas. Rock and f***ing roll eh?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm pretty anti establishment myself , cerainly more so than a rank hypocrite who has a well paid city job,lives in reigate of all f***ing places , and has the cheek to complain about social injustice from a five bed detached house, with his I'm all right jack views and convictions rarely, if ever, put to the test.

Oh my days he's exploded! :lolol:

And now I'm not allowed to complain at the fact that YOU highjack every f***ing thread with a tedious bitter rant at anyone who doesn't conform to your one-eyed nationalist ideals. Apparently because I'm doing rather better than you. It certainly isn't because I'm talking about social injustice while daring to live in Reigate - unless your definition of social injustice is putting up with a tedious fucktard ranting at anyone he doesn't agree with on every f***ing thread, while sitting in a suit in an office doing a middle class job - not unlike most of us on here.

Tell you what bushy, my bitter and racist chum - be sure to tell me what I am allowed to have an opinion on. I'm not allowed to talk about football because I'm middle class. Sadly me being a Brighton fan for 25 years and a STH for a good number of them, simply isn't enough. If only I was like you, what with being a Chelsea fan on this Brighton message board, and a real working class mucker to boot (funny, I thought you worked in the City as a commodities trader), and proper football fan (because I'm convinced you were one of the 7,000 rattling around in "the Bridge" 12 years ago).

And finally are you going to back up this assertion that I'm anti army with some facts? Best not; stick to your usual bollocks about nappies being thrown, and how your experiences as a near street kid are far more relevant - the board spackers lap that sort of stuff right up. Why, I'm half expecting Das Reich to leap to your defence by "hilariously" replying to this post with "yeah simtsster frmo riegate difrent class :tosser: " or some other sort of drivel.

If anyone is the hypcrite here, it's you. You really are massive hypocrite - as HT as said, you're about as anti establishment as Norman Tebbit, only a bit more racist. :bigwave:

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Tricky one. I remember as a kid (probably about the same age as the little girl in question assuming were talking about the same one) my dad wouldn't take me to a game at the Goldstone (think it might have been Leeds) when I had been going to previous matches. I was gutted, however 2 or 3 years later Leeds leveled Bournemouth so I guess the old man was spot on. With that in mind I probably wouldn't have taken my kid full stop. Also as a side note say I had I wouldn't have been on the pitch anyway.

However I've been to West Ham quite a few times over the years and the atmosphere is an awful lot different to what games were like down at Brighton back in the late 80s early 90s when I was a kid even in this day and age. Green Street on a match day is quite a hairy place to me now as a grown man so god knows what I would have thought as a child. It's a million miles away from a stroll across Hove Park that I used to do with my Dad!! But if I did it every week it would become second nature. Every team this season WHU play will bring some form of hooligan element so I expect the scenes on Tuesday are probably quite common place up there (I'm talking about the amount of police, the herberts hanging about waiting for the opposition to arrive etc). Therefore I guess your thoughts about taking your kids to games is probably quite different to what it is when you follow Brighton.

As both Spanish and myself have said that 99% of the people on the field on Tuesday were simply on there celebrating the goals/end of the game not there in an attempt to get at Millwall fans. Allot of the fans on the pitch including the fella with his little girl came from the Bobby Moore stand which is up the other end of the ground. So do I think it was safe for the fella to take his child onto the field if he was that way inclined, yes I do.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As both Spanish and myself have said that 99% of the people on the field on Tuesday were simply on there celebrating the goals/end of the game not there in an attempt to get at Millwall fans. Allot of the fans on the pitch including the fella with his little girl came from the Bobby Moore stand which is up the other end of the ground. So do I think it was safe for the fella to take his child onto the field if he was that way inclined, yes I do.

You see, I just can't buy into this "they were simply celebrating a goal" theory. West Ham will have rescued PLENTY of matches late on, and it won't prompt a full-scale pitch invasion of celebrating fans. All they'd done, in a poxy 2nd round Carling Cup game, is equalise against a team from the 3rd division. Would that NORMALLY generate such a spontaneous burst of joy that meant everyone went on the pitch to celebrate ? Would fans be on the pitch celebrating like that if it was an equaliser against, say, Walsall ? Of course not.

It was Millwall. It was a chance to get on the pitch and wind up their fans. Lets get real about it.

And taking kids along to get involved in that is madness.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Oh my days he's exploded! :lolol:

And now I'm not allowed to complain at the fact that YOU highjack every f***ing thread with a tedious bitter rant at anyone who doesn't conform to your one-eyed nationalist ideals. Apparently because I'm doing rather better than you. It certainly isn't because I'm talking about social injustice while daring to live in Reigare - unless your definition of social injustice is putting up with a tedious fucktard ranting at anyone he doesn't agree with of every f***ing thread, while sitting in a suit in an office doing a middle class job - not unlike most of us on here.

Tell you what bushy, my bitter and racist chum - be sure to tell me what I am allowed to have an opinion on. I'm not allowed to talk about football because I'm middle class. Sadly me being a Brighton fan for 25 years and a STH for a good number of them, simply isn't enough. If only I was like you, what with being a Chelsea fan on this Brighton message board, and a real working class mucker to boot (funny, I thought you worked in the City as a commodities trader), and proper football fan (because I'm convinced you were one of the 7,000 rattling around in "the Bridge" 12 years ago).

And finally are you going to back up this assertion that I'm anti army with some facts? Best not; stick to your usual bollocks about nappies being thrown, and how your experiences as a near street kid are far more relevant - the board spackers lap that sort of stuff right up. Why, I'm half expecting Das Reich to leap to your defence by "hilariously" replying to this post with "yeah simtsster frmo riegate difrent class :tosser: " or some other sort of drivel.

If anyone is the hypcrite here, it's you. You really are massive hypocrite - as HT as said, you're about as anti establishment as Norman Tebbit, only a bit more racist. :bigwave:

oh my days!

you gimme jokes simster!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
You see, I just can't buy into this "they were simply celebrating a goal" theory. West Ham will have rescued PLENTY of matches late on, and it won't prompt a full-scale pitch invasion of celebrating fans. All they'd done, in a poxy 2nd round Carling Cup game, is equalise against a team from the 3rd division. Would that NORMALLY generate such a spontaneous burst of joy that meant everyone went on the pitch to celebrate ? Would fans be on the pitch celebrating like that if it was an equaliser against, say, Walsall ? Of course not.

It was Millwall. It was a chance to get on the pitch and wind up their fans. Lets get real about it.

It was a very passionate game and emotions were running high and a last minuite goal and subsiquent winners would have made emotions boil over a bit!

I think the same would happen in any game where its so emotionally charged as tuesday nights game was!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

it was a wind up from some. people are still missing the point that this game is massive in a different way from a play off or any game with something at stake, not just because of offs or boring myths about dock strikes that football fans and journalists rattle off as fact, that are not really true. people will go potty when they score and lose the plot a bit, if they can get away with it. its really simple.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
oh my days!

you gimme jokes simster!
See if you can explain what you mean before your organ grinder re-appears.

I wonder why I might get pissed off at someone who hijacks every thread with an aggressive post on the same subject and feebly attempts to rubbish other people's arguments with lame lines like "in your pink fluffy world" and "in your middle class cosy life" and that sort of bollocks.

Which of course, might be more understandable if he didn't work as a commodities trader in The City while living in middle class white suburbia himself.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was a very passionate game and emotions were running high and a last minuite goal and subsiquent winners would have made emotions boil over a bit!

I think the same would happen in any game where its so emotionally charged as tuesday nights game was!

it was a wind up from some. people are still missing the point that this game is massive in a different way from a play off or any game with something at stake, not just because of offs or boring myths about dock strikes that football fans and journalists rattle off as fact, that are not really true. people will go potty when they score and lose the plot a bit, if they can get away with it. its really simple.

None of which disproves the theory that
(a) The West Ham fans wanted an "in your face, f*** YOU" goal celebration rampage round the pitch because it was Millwall, or
(b) that it was an even remotely sensible idea to drag kids into it as well

Anyhoo, I think I might be coming across as though I really give a stuff about it, which I don't to be honest. I just can't agree with the stuff about it all being a bit of a harmless "cocker-nee knees up muvva braaan celebration, and hey, being the family along" type thing. Just didn't look like that to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here