Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Serhou Guirassy (Amiens striker) - Bid made

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I get the feeling big Jurg is back as an insurance if we are not successful in our quest to sign a striker. If we do he will be off.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I get the feeling big Jurg is back as an insurance if we are not successful in our quest to sign a striker. If we do he will be off.

Either that, or the DJ for the Amex, leaving EU party went sick, and big Jurg is gonna be spinning the 1's & 2's.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

No it’s all part of the mechanics of his move to MLS. We have to re-register him as it’s a loan termination, before he can then be loaned out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
And you know this for a fact? Odd it may be but I am presuming that you are not privy to the club’s policy or reasons for signing players.

I said it seems odd. It seems odd from My perspective. SEEMS odd. Whatever the club's policy, it would SEEM, in my opinion, because that is all I can offer, that to send out two strikers on loan, without sufficient replacement after already spending £20 million on a position that we were far better covered in and then not to address the situation in this window is baffling. If you can explain how this situation doesn't seem odd then go ahead. This is a board for expressing opinions even if they don't agree entirely with that of the club.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I said it seems odd. It seems odd from My perspective. SEEMS odd. Whatever the club's policy, it would SEEM, in my opinion, because that is all I can offer, that to send out two strikers on loan, without sufficient replacement after already spending £20 million on a position that we were far better covered in and then not to address the situation in this window is baffling. If you can explain how this situation doesn't seem odd then go ahead. This is a board for expressing opinions even if they don't agree entirely with that of the club.

Doesn't SEEM odd, it IS bloody odd - to say the least.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Unless of course the club have sximply givern up on their dearch for a new striker, (if they even bothered to search in the first place), and brought back Locadia as the 'new' striker.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Correct and well said.

We’re allowed to be critical of what we perceive a possible mistake. Sometimes here it seems some get upset when you dare be anything less then 100% happy clappy.

We all love the club and want the best for it’s future. And as great as Ashworth and Potter may be, there is NO guarantee we’d ever bounce back from relegation. So I’d prefer to do all we can to stay here whilst we can. That includes strengthening in an area where we lack options, quality and (more significantly) in numbers.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I don’t think anyone is arguing we didn’t need a striker.

But it’s not as simple as ‘go and get one’

I’ve not seen many strikers signed that i thought “we’ve missed out there”

Edit: maybe Tosun.... he might be one

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here