Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Serhou Guirassy (Amiens striker) - Bid made

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Feels a bit like when we got Ulloa in on loan a couple of years back. Mind you, if our strike force then had been Maupay and Connolly, Ulloa would have been a great foil. But it was Murray and Hemed, so all rather same-y

Last edited:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Watched a few vids of his when it was alleged a week ago.... Def a big fella, but looks a lot like Locadia on the finishing side..... Not much guile or flair, just puts his boot through and smacks it.

If as back up to Muzza furry muff, but on the vids and with that record he looks pretty pants.

Actually I would be happy with this loan with a view to buy as he currently has better stats than both Murray and Connelly, his goals per game is even better than Maupay. As a partnership with Maupay at leat they can understand each other:whistle:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nicked from the Hammers website:

Here are five fact on the Amiens hitman…
Guirassy began his career in the third tier of French football with Stade Lavallois, where he scored six goals in 37 outings.
The 23-year-old joined Lille in 2015 for around £840,000 (Wikipedia), but made just nine appearances for the Ligue 1 outfit.
The Frenchman left France for Germany in the summer of 2016, linking up with FC Koln, but didn’t make an appearance for them until April 2017, due to injury problems.
Guirassy left Koln to link up with Amiens last summer in a deal believed to be worth £5 million (Sky Sports), and he has gone on to score eight goals in 31 games for the French club.
The striker is 6ft 2in tall, and is clearly a target man type striker, winning an average of 4.1 aerial duals in 17 Ligue 1 outings this season
Might have been a shout at £5M (might!) - but doubtless Amiens will expect to make 100% plus profit.

Whiff of desperation (just like Locadia) if true.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Naylor isn't saying no!!!!!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm sure a higher bidder will jump in before we get him here from Gatwick. Several hours left for this to be hijacked.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He categorically said we wouldn’t be signing a striker earlier today.

Nope, we're signing on later today.

I guess he has wriggle room if this is a loan to buy.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Actually I would be happy with this loan with a view to buy as he currently has better stats than both Murray and Connelly, his goals per game is even better than Maupay.

What planet are you living on? His stats are gash. 5 in 17 in LIGUE ONE this season. And pretty much naff all in the Bundesliga before he was loaned out.

It seems like some people would rather we sign ANYONE (Adebayor :facepalm:) than have any faith at all in our current strikers.

I'd rather we didn't sign a striker than sign a bang on mediocre one that might cause dressing room problems.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What planet are you living on? His stats are gash. 4 in 12 in LIGUE 1 this season. Pretty much naff all in the Bundesliga before he was loaned out.

It seems like some people would rather we sign ANYONE (Adebayor :facepalm:) than have any faith at all in our current strikers.

I'd rather we didn't sign a striker than sign a bang on mediocre one that might cause dressing room problems.

Why would he cause 'dressing room problems'?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
What planet are you living on? His stats are gash. 4 in 12 in LIGUE 1 this season. Pretty much naff all in the Bundesliga before he was loaned out.

For me, it's not the lack of faith in our current strike force, it's the sheer lack of them. I like Connolly & Maupay & Glenn is a legend, but if one of those gets injured or banned, we have nothing left. Not even anyone we can say 'well you can play there at a push', with the possible exception of Trossard.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A loan makes sense. Buying is too risky in this window as giving a long contract to a hunch can prove costly. As we have found out before.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well we have been signing players who score tons in lower leagues, who knows if we buy a player who hasn't been scoring tons he might start scoring in the PL where others who were scoring tons have failed, just saying like

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Agent wants higher price from other clubs

Brighton can't score goals

Make out Brighton are in pole position and other clubs push up their bids

Bang .... higher price better commission

Thank you, my work here is done!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here