Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Selling your seat at The Amex

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Maybe some kindly soul could get hold of one of them card-cloning machines? That'll take the hassle out of lending your swipe card. :thumbsup:

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
In other words, the club is choosing to recognise only two status of supporter - full season ticket holder who attends every game, or 'casual fan' who buys on a match-to-match basis. This does not reflect how people live their lives, and does not reflect the relationship that many fans have with their club.

Of course there are any number of people with different demands, given that modern Britain is a pretty complex society and ever fewer people work Monday to Friday with every weekend off. Unfortunately the football schedule is still based around Saturdays, and in the long run a business can only accommodate the customers who are worth it, not least when demand outstrips supply as it probably will in 2011-12.

I had a ST at Gillingham and then Withdean until my job suddenly changed and I found myself working loads of Saturdays. Given the chance, I'll be delighted to shell out £395 for the promise of being at the first game and then seeing a handful of others, and I’d give it away the rest of the time. By the time 2012-13 rolls around, my son should be old enough to go on his own if I'm working. But there is a clear possibility that STHs+3 will account for all the STs they are willing to sell, in which case I'm assuming my little bit of demand will go unsatisfied and my money will go unspent.

Whether the club should go to extra effort and expense to accommodate me and perhaps a few others who will be similarly hacked off is another matter, though.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd love to know what the club's actual projected figure is for season ticket sales.

Naturally they're going to persist with the line about "the only way to guarantee your tickets is to buy a season ticket blah blah" line, because it helps whip people up into a frenzy in much the same way that when someone starts a frivolous rumour that petrol supplies are running low, everyone rushes out to fill up unnecessarily. I would be intrigued to see what they really think we'll sell, ie what they're actually budgeting for.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd love to know what the club's actual projected figure is for season ticket sales.

Naturally they're going to persist with the line about "the only way to guarantee your tickets is to buy a season ticket blah blah" line, because it helps whip people up into a frenzy in much the same way that when someone starts a frivolous rumour that petrol supplies are running low, everyone rushes out to fill up unnecessarily. I would be intrigued to see what they really think we'll sell, ie what they're actually budgeting for.

I would say anything over 10,000 is a result but it would be interesting to know. Interestingly the phone just rang and a person wanted to talk to Mini Hut (13 years old) and ask him whether he is booking a presentation to Falmer, they have amended his DOB now and trusting Dad to take care of this.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

It would be good to know and also how many they've sold at the end of each week or month.

I know the +3's has its critics and has caused a fair amount of angst with some STH's, but in pure business terms its a masterstroke. All the STH's i know or sit near to have made plans for their +3's and mostly that doesnt include existing STH's moving up the priority ladder. It surely must be having a bigger impact that they could have imagined.....

Chelsea have a similiar systen run by VIAGOGO. My mum & dad are STH's at Chelsea are regulary sell their tickets this way for midweek matches. There is no restriction on selling them, VIAGOGO take 10% for the admin work and send out paper tickets to the buyers. There are usually tickets available at the club for most matches but as they have damn good seats above the half way line they alway sell theirs no problems.

Chelsea Tickets - Buy Chelsea Football Tickets

Something like this would be ideal...

This is just the type of thing needed so hopefully the club will be able to advise something positive. I am guaranteed to miss at least two to three games a season with holidays.

Agreed but it should also have alongside it something along the lines of what Bozza suggested, where fans can sell tickets to other registered fans they know.

I am seriously thinking of getting a season ticket that my niece and nephew can share, I go to the presentation on Tuesday and would like to know before then if I need to get a PSL, so that the ticket can be sold on to a fan of a different age group when they can't go.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
All the STH's i know or sit near to have made plans for their +3's and mostly that doesnt include existing STH's moving up the priority ladder. It surely must be having a bigger impact that they could have imagined.....

Must admin I'm rather curious as to who these people are. Are they :

a) People who would normally go to games with tickets on general sale,
b) People who borrow others STs when they can't make it themselves
c) People who never (or rarely) go to games
d) People who normally support other teams
e) Lapsed supporters from the Goldstone

Probably a mixture of all the above, but I was just interested.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
OK in our group it goes as follows:

Two of us tier 1 so we are including in our party 4 other current STHs though not tier 1 of which one is my son, two sit with us anyway (of which one goes to most away games with me) and one other who is also in the South Stand.

We had a request from someone my mate knows to join however declined as I think it should all be STH holders only and not friends etc.

Therefore we are just pushing up the ladder current STHs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bad fans are we as a friend has now been added to our party.

The problem exchanging tickets is, as has been said before, is the season ticket will not be a series of individual paper tickets that can be detached from each other and passed around . It is merely a plastic card (credit card size) with all the games loaded onto it magnetically. So if you can't get to a game you have to give someone else a card with ALL your future games loaded into it. So you'd better be very sure they will give it back to you.

The PSL , which lasts for 50 years or the lifetime of the stadium, whichever is shorter, gives you the ability to control access to the seat rather than the club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here