Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seems to be a lot of young casuals about

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
To those in the know... has wikipedia got it about right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casuals_(subculture)

With the late 1970s mod revival, the casual subculture began to grow and change after Liverpool F.C. fans introduced the rest of England to European fashions that they acquired while following Liverpool at their European Cup quarter final against the French side St Etienne. Liverpool fans, who travelled all around Europe in the late 1970s supporting their team, began arriving in England wearing expensive Italian and French designer clothes, which were looted from stores during violent outbreaks that were commonplace when they travelled abroad. At the time, many police forces were still on the lookout for skinhead fans wearing Dr. Martens boots, and didn't pay attention to hooligans in expensive designer clothing.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Interesting stuff on the latter part of the thread. All though i don't condone hooliganism or have ever been involved in any of that sort of stuff it really interests me!

Out of curiosity whats all this CASUALS stuff? it it just fans submerging themselves in certain brands so they give themselves a certain look? A look that has close links with hooliganism?

have a look on here..............

Football Casual | FootballCasual.com | Terrace Fashion | Casual Culture

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Yeah, they do some nice clothes. :clap:

First ever Casual 'mob' was the Aberdeen Soccer Casuals.

would have to say not, scousers started the whole scene, what with being in europe etc.

just managed to get hold of dave hewsons book - the liverpool boys are back in town, another good read is - the boys from the mersey...

Jan 30, 2008
Just a quick question to those who have posted on this thread and in general and all this 'casual' stuff, hooliganism, whatever you want to call it -

Are you actually interested in Brighton & Hove Albion, the football team? Are you interested in watching the matches and supporting the players, or are you just interested in using the club as an excuse to have fights with groups who use the names of other clubs in the same way?

Just to be clear, that's not meant to be sarcastic or inflammatory, it's just a genuine question.
what a naive question to ask if you dont know you never will ,end off

Jan 30, 2008
I have heard that Lenny Arkwright and Cass Ramsbottom (Jt Leaders of the BBC:rant:) are in secret talks with Reichsy as to how to do Palace on their own patch...

PS I have no idea what Kibber means in Afrikaans so if it was offensive...

:D
their all inside having their arses stretched or banged up with the nonces for their own protection , D30 HAVING A LAUGH

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
would have to say not, scousers started the whole scene, what with being in europe etc.

just managed to get hold of dave hewsons book - the liverpool boys are back in town, another good read is - the boys from the mersey...

I've read the ASC book, and a couple of other books. Top Boys being the worst of them all. :nono:

Also, didn't it all start for Liverpool against St Etienne? Is this mentioned the the book?

are you out and about at the weekend??

Get a room.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here