Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

See Gus over London - Thursday 25th November!!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
All these Johnny Come Latelys - it's like the 1901 Club :p :lolol:

I haven't been before, despite being tempted many times. My absence has been mainly because after a long day at work in London, I just want to get home! but I am planning to attend this time around!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I haven't been before, despite being tempted many times. My absence has been mainly because after a long day at work in London, I just want to get home! but I am planning to attend this time around!

Don't worry, I haven't been for donkeys myself. Am desperately hoping I can wriggle out of work commitment....

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
See you shortly folks

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Can't believe I had that much entertainment for free :lol:

We are VERY lucky to have that man, he's a hundred times more entertaining in the flesh.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009

We are VERY lucky to have that man, he's a hundred times more entertaining in the flesh.

Well worth the trip from deepest Sussex, its going to be a fun ride on the 'Gus Bus' thats for sure, the man's a legend. Did'nt agree with everything he said but he meant EVERY word which I respect, top evening, thanks to all at Seagulls Over London

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
What did the great man say, then? Highlights, please.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

Absolutely. And to think he couldn't speak a word of English when he first joined Chelsea, the man's a legend. Some of his anecdotes were hilarious. Well done Paul for sorting it out, thanks. Good to see some old faces again :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes yes , he was funny and you all love him even more but wtf did he have to say? This should be the most interesting thread on NSC but at the moment it's just a :bowdown: thread praising the man.

Spill the beans :angry:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
My first SOL, and an excellent night, thoroughly enjoyed it, although next time, can we find a bigger room please!

Are we allowed to spill the beans on what was said?

Dandyman

In London village.
My first SOL, and an excellent night, thoroughly enjoyed it, although next time, can we find a bigger room please!

Are we allowed to spill the beans on what was said?

There has to be an element of "sub rosa" about what people say at SoL but Gus did have some very interesting things to say about how poor aspects of training, nutrition, technique and understanding can be in England.

He had some very pointed things to say about the gap between certain clubs resources and their actual performance (not us btw).

He came over as very intelligent, charismatic individual with strong ideas about both the game and interestingly very strong moral attitudes on how people should conduct themselves.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I was gonna post, but now since you got all rude and everything........Oh ok then, here goes ....

Highlights for me: tried to sign a top player, we could afford the fee but not the wages, if we go up, the player budget will double, interesting comments about Cups - I think we all knew that!, lots of improvements still needed with the setup of the club but it is getting better, he wasn't approached re: Chelsea No2 - and anyway would never become a No2 again after being the main man, hopeful of buying KLL, he narrowly missed out on the Swansea job before joining us, he models himself on Mr Spock (he never tells lies!!), we will have an issue now after giving Bennett a new deal (everyone else will want one now!), because we are top everyone changes the way they play against us which means we have to constantly adapt - makes it tricky, looking forward to playing Wednesday again (revenge), thinks the reason England did poorly at the WC was because we pick the players first, then try and adapt a system to suit them rather than deciding the way we want to play and then finding the best players to fit that way.

Anyone care to add any more?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I was gonna post, but now since you got all rude and everything........Oh ok then, here goes ....

Highlights for me: tried to sign a top player, we could afford the fee but not the wages, if we go up, the player budget will double, interesting comments about Cups - I think we all knew that!, lots of improvements still needed with the setup of the club but it is getting better, he wasn't approached re: Chelsea No2 - and anyway would never become a No2 again after being the main man, hopeful of buying KLL, he narrowly missed out on the Swansea job before joining us, he models himself on Mr Spock (he never tells lies!!), we will have an issue now after giving Bennett a new deal (everyone else will want one now!), because we are top everyone changes the way they play against us which means we have to constantly adapt - makes it tricky, looking forward to playing Wednesday again (revenge), thinks the reason England did poorly at the WC was because we pick the players first, then try and adapt a system to suit them rather than deciding the way we want to play and then finding the best players to fit that way.

How truly cockish of you, thanks anyway :lolol::lolol:

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull

thank u but was there any need to be so "secretive" in the first place?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Anyone ask about Glenn Murray's contract?
Yes, but he wouldn't go in to detail, he just said there are a number of interesting contracts that need to be sorted, Glenn's being one of them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here