Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

See Gus over London - Thursday 25th November!!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
thank u but was there any need to be so "secretive" in the first place?

Well yes I think so, he says lots of things in these meetings that he wouldn't say openly to the press etc, that is part of why people go to these meetings. Having said that he is strict about not divulging what happens in the dressing room.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Well yes I think so, he says lots of things in these meetings that he wouldn't say openly to the press etc, that is part of why people go to these meetings. Having said that he is strict about not divulging what happens in the dressing room.

I'm not sure that is true, there could have been members of press amongst the gathering!!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure that is true, there could have been members of press amongst the gathering!!

..but you cannot quote someone without going on record, can you?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He smelt nice and his hands were soft.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Oh, I forgot to add, Amex Season ticket letters should be hitting the doormats next week

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Did anyone ask him about the "special" player?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Did anyone ask him about the "special" player?

from what I gathered, this was the loan to buy deal that fell through because although we could pay the fee, the wages were too high. Gus went on to state that Southampton and Huddersfield in particular have a substantially high playing budget that we simply cannot match.

He has a very endearing way of not giving information away, when it would be wrong to do so ...

"It's complicated".

I think he must have used that phrase a couple of dozen times last night.

I very much liked his idea about how the "warm up" facilities in the players' changing area at Falmer should be used.

The home team will use them to prepare for the match. The away team's facilities should be offered to the ball boys to warm up. Not that we'll need ball boys, once the Albion go one-nil up.

:)

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I was gonna post, but now since you got all rude and everything........Oh ok then, here goes ....

Highlights for me: tried to sign a top player, we could afford the fee but not the wages, if we go up, the player budget will double, interesting comments about Cups - I think we all knew that!, lots of improvements still needed with the setup of the club but it is getting better, he wasn't approached re: Chelsea No2 - and anyway would never become a No2 again after being the main man, hopeful of buying KLL, he narrowly missed out on the Swansea job before joining us, he models himself on Mr Spock (he never tells lies!!), we will have an issue now after giving Bennett a new deal (everyone else will want one now!), because we are top everyone changes the way they play against us which means we have to constantly adapt - makes it tricky, looking forward to playing Wednesday again (revenge), thinks the reason England did poorly at the WC was because we pick the players first, then try and adapt a system to suit them rather than deciding the way we want to play and then finding the best players to fit that way.

Anyone care to add any more?

Woah - back up! Care to elaborate on this? He is/was/might be hopeful of buying LuaLua? In January or after a return on loan at the end of the season?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Wasnt at SoL but was on the same platform at London Bridge as Gus after. He was happy to chat for a good 5 minutes and came across as a great bloke, very passionate about his job.

He said that he reckons he will never have such a good chairman to work with again as TB, albeit because of TB living half his life on the other side of the world, they have conversations at some rather odd hours!

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I'm not gonna lie. I could have gone, but didn't, because I was a bit tired. you know those times when you do something and then regret it very quickly afterwards, albeit too late? For those who were they, I hate you all, for now at least.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Woah - back up! Care to elaborate on this? He is/was/might be hopeful of buying LuaLua? In January or after a return on loan at the end of the season?

Anyone?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

He said he thought we would buy KLL in January as Brighton is the only club he wants to play for (but that was before the injury)

braveheart

Jul 26, 2004
You just can't help but be inspired by the man.

He spoke of how he wanted to focus on every aspect of our youth development system and about now being able to take on a long-term perspective .

He is a man with a clear vision, and a detailed plan as to how he will get there. He speaks with confidence, but also realism. He leaves you feeling inspired and believing that if we stick together we can conquer the world. He just seems in total control of our destiny and comfortable with that responsibility.

i just think that if he can do that to me after a two and half hour meeting, what kind of effect can he have on a group of players who trust in him to make them better individually and collectively. No wonder he has got them to the top of the league and playing at times some of the best football i've seen us play in the 35 years i've followed the albion.

i'm just going to sit back and enjoy the journey!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here