Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Security at Wembley last night .... Non existent

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Will be a bit extreme if they do that, as it was also their tournamount and the management is UEFA.... though I dont dount they will try and exonerate themselves from any amount of poor decision making.

The fact is the next UEFA sanctioned England home games wont be until the nations league in 22/23 Season.... the WC qualifiers and the world cup is all FIFA.

Would be a bit like me telling my son he's going in the naughty corner in September for what he did wrong last week.

This was my first thought. The FA has a degree of control over who they sell tickets to via the official England supporters travel club, but how is poor stadium security and policing a nation full of dick heads the FA's responsibility?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We certainly can, unfortunately we would also fail our GCSE in English Language.

It's the parody version of PPF :wink:

As is often the case these days, it's very hard to tell the difference between real and parody, but in this case the clue is the subtle differences in upper-case letters used in the username.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Guardian speculating that UEFA may punish England with game(s) behind closed doors.

Whilst there should be some measure of punishment, it does grate that there are stadiums England have played at, where they’ve been subjected to horrific racist abuse, monkey chants every worse thing you can imagine, and what do they get? A slap on the wrist and a 2 thousand Euros fine.

It doesn’t add up, and maybe we’re just disliked as a country. Which is sad.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Whilst there should be some measure of punishment, it does grate that there are stadiums England have played at, where they’ve been subjected to horrific racist abuse, monkey chants every worse thing you can imagine, and what do they get? A slap on the wrist and a 2 thousand Euros fine.

To be fair - Hungary have been given 3 game behind closed doors - 2 suspended because of what happened in the stadiums at the Euros

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

After the racist chanting in their game against England last year, Bulgaria had to play a game behind closed doors and were fined 75,000 euros.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
To be fair - Hungary have been given 3 game behind closed doors - 2 suspended because of what happened in the stadiums at the Euros

Ok fair enough.

To me their offence is far far worse. Genuine hateful racist attacks. Compared with unintentional inept stadium security.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Ok fair enough.

To me their offence is far far worse. Genuine hateful racist attacks. Compared with unintentional inept stadium security.

Lack of intent is not an acceptable excuse for endangering the public with inept stadium security. There was no intent at Hillsborough either. To gain a public license Wembley would have needed to guarantee safety. They/the FA/UEFA have failed in this regard.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

I do think there has been a shift in dislike around Europe during the Euros.

I think with Brexit we moved into the are they unpleasant or not territory. Then we booed and disrespected the opposition, our fans behaved deplorably and that song.

I have a good friend who lives in Sweden and he's noticed a big shift. He watched the final with 15 swedes and they all bar one wanted Italy. That wouldn't have happened a few years ago.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hosting the World Cup will never come home, idiot minority sgain.
Got more chance of hosting it over here now I would expect.

I'd rather us not bid now. It's not going to happen. It's a shame because the UK has a strong standing bid at present.

It's ironic that PPF and crew use the term 'snowflake' for those who speak of their embarrassment in these and similar situations. People are embarrassed because they love their country. 'Fans' who act like those on Sunday clearly don't. I'm not sure some folk realise that 'patriotism' should embody standards and values.

It's a shame that 2030 is now in the balance even before it started. It would have been a good tournament here. But there does need to be questions over security. Folk without tickets should have been nowhere near that ground.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

I read yesterday all of the headines reported by other european countries, about the "English Pigs" and the rightful disgust at the way elements of our society behaved in trashing stuff and throwing bottles on the floor etc. I even saw one italian sports publication saying that beating us on penalties was the best way as it would be the most painful way to lose and we deserved to after the total lack of respect shown by our Fans (banding us all together with the louts)

So this article from the sun, which is how the Italian squad left the changing rooms in wembley, shows a bit of the hyposcrisy of their media...... I appreciate we wouldnt have been getting pissed after beating Ukraine in Rome, but we (in the Lazio changing rooms) allegedly had a cleaner in another article and left it respectfully or as you would expect a guest to leave it.

I get the Italians have just won and are in high spirits, but if this is what the official representatives of the nation do out of high spirits and a couple of beers each, they're hardly in the moral position to be totally slagging all of us "English pigs" when immature young men in high jinks and after many more beers and much less control do exactly the same in acting disprespectfully, as their national football team did with less beers inside them. Looks like the antics in Leicester square and Wembley way extended into the italian dressing room.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15580065/italy-dressing-room-euro-2020-final-england-wembley/

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's the parody version of PPF :wink:

As is often the case these days, it's very hard to tell the difference between real and parody, but in this case the clue is the subtle differences in upper-case letters used in the username.

The lower case version is on another ban at the moment.

Harry Maguire's Dad has two suspected broken ribs from being trampled on at Wembley, on Sunday night.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57818943

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I read yesterday all of the headines reported by other european countries, about the "English Pigs" and the rightful disgust at the way elements of our society behaved in trashing stuff and throwing bottles on the floor etc. I even saw one italian sports publication saying that beating us on penalties was the best way as it would be the most painful way to lose and we deserved to after the total lack of respect shown by our Fans (banding us all together with the louts)

So this article from the sun, which is how the Italian squad left the changing rooms in wembley, shows a bit of the hyposcrisy of their media...... I appreciate we wouldnt have been getting pissed after beating Ukraine in Rome, but we (in the Lazio changing rooms) allegedly had a cleaner in another article and left it respectfully or as you would expect a guest to leave it.

I get the Italians have just won and are in high spirits, but if this is what the official representatives of the nation do out of high spirits and a couple of beers each, they're hardly in the moral position to be totally slagging all of us "English pigs" when immature young men in high jinks and after many more beers and much less control do exactly the same in acting disprespectfully, as their national football team did with less beers inside them. Looks like the antics in Leicester square and Wembley way extended into the italian dressing room.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15580065/italy-dressing-room-euro-2020-final-england-wembley/

It's an argument I suppose

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd rather us not bid now. It's not going to happen. It's a shame because the UK has a strong standing bid at present.

It's ironic that PPF and crew use the term 'snowflake' for those who speak of their embarrassment in these and similar situations. People are embarrassed because they love their country. 'Fans' who act like those on Sunday clearly don't. I'm not sure some folk realise that 'patriotism' should embody standards and values.

It's a shame that 2030 is now in the balance even before it started. It would have been a good tournament here. But there does need to be questions over security. Folk without tickets should have been nowhere near that ground.

Another irony. It is taken as read that Das Reich (PPF) supports the storming of the barriers and loutish behaviour, but correct me if I'm wrong (I have him on ignore, but you can get the jist of a post from the replies) all the pro-lout posts have come from the parody account, not the man himself. The irony of that is we are so used to his primitive gimboid views and lame links to Russian fake news sites that we expect him to defend the ****wittery, even if he doesn't. And likewise arond the world people expect the English to behave like pricks at the football and hate us for it, even when we bahave well. There is a lesson in there somewhere.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Another irony. It is taken as read that Das Reich (PPF) supports the storming of the barriers and loutish behaviour, but correct me if I'm wrong (I have him on ignore, but you can get the jist of a post from the replies) all the pro-lout posts have come from the parody account, not the man himself. The irony of that is we are so used to his primitive gimboid views and lame links to Russian fake news sites that we expect him to defend the ****wittery, even if he doesn't. And likewise arond the world people expect the English to behave like pricks at the football and hate us for it, even when we bahave well. There is a lesson in there somewhere.

Whilst I certainly wouldn't defend it. I am hardly surprised by it either. Media hype the tournament to the nines, 55 years since last time etc etc, UEFA cut out the middle man and become touts themselves with ridiculous money charged for seats. Add that to the announcement that the stadium was going to only be 2/3rds full and it was always a possibility something like that would happen. A lot of people to blame here Fans involved, UEFA, stadium security, Police. Government etc.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
saw that. Agreed very good.

this prize bellend videoed himself bunking in then posted it to social media........... enoying your banning order and criminal record.

https://news.sky.com/story/euro-2020-teenager-films-himself-sneaking-into-wembley-for-england-v-italy-final-12355167

Slightly different feelings on this one. He may have helped the situation by exposing flaws.

EDIT: I've watched it. Well done to him. It'll reveals what a shit show security was. I certainly wouldn't prosecute him. He neither assaults or intimidates anyone. He just exposes the farce.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Slightly different feelings on this one. He may have helped the situation by exposing flaws.

EDIT: I've watched it. Well done to him. It'll reveals what a shit show security was. I certainly wouldn't prosecute him. He neither assaults or intimidates anyone. He just exposes the farce.

Yeah right:

‘ Two other boys are seen pulling open what seems to be an emergency exit door and J2hundred says: "It was a sign from God, we were meant to be in that stadium, there was just a gap in the door"

Real investigative journalist isn’t he..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here