Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seats at Charlton

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Here's a suggestion:

If you are determined to/obliged to/medically have to sit down, please feel free to ignore your allocated seat and take up a position in the front 5 rows.

The rest of us who are happy to/want to/prefer to stand will take up positions behind you and generate atmosphere by singing/chanting/shouting until we lose our voices.

:thumbsup:

Now that is a sensible suggestion,

except i too will singing/chanting/shouting until we lose my voice., just doing it sitting down whilst looking after my father & young son :thumbsup:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Aren't Yeovil and Exeter standing only?

Nowhere is standing only. It used to be good when you had a choice as you could, say, stand up most of the time but sit down if you were knackered. Now you have to stand up when there's a terrace as you may never get the chance again.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
:clap:

Getting a bunch of tickets tomorrow I will be standing at the back, tis the only place to be.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Charlton AWAY

i am looking forward to my first away game since The Millenium Stadium!

... if i hadnt read this thread....i guess i would have made my way to my allocated seat at Charlton and expected to sit there....

and having read this thread ... i guess i will make my way to my allocated seat and as long as its a good one, I will sit on it! ... am happy to stand as often as is necessary :) cant wait!

Last edited:

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Does anyone know if you can pay at the gate in parts of the ground other than the away section? It's been ages since I've been to an away game (shame!) but I might make a late decision to go to this one.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Does anyone know if you can pay at the gate in parts of the ground other than the away section? It's been ages since I've been to an away game (shame!) but I might make a late decision to go to this one.

Are there no restricted view tickets left at the club shop?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If you want your allocated seats because you have dependents, I think the best thing to do is to arrive early. Common sense, IMO, because ultimately it's almost impossible to determine how this is going to work out on the day.

The bloke at Southampton who arrived 5 mins late and expected his seat to be empty was a bit naive and a total bellend.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
we always arrive late and head to the rough vicinity of our ticket, ie the block . there is no chance the seat will be free . so just stand where you want. funny though that at villa our seats were free . in the corresponding fixture last season in the bit where i was standing there were about 2 people 2 every seat . my calves took a pounding that day

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Why ?
If it was me i would have the seat thief removed.

Hardly thieving a seat is it? The bloke had a ticket of his own but someone was sitting in his seat. I imagine because someone was sitting in that person's seat, and it goes on...

The only way to absolutely guarantee your allocated seat, as Simster says, is to get there early.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why ?
If it was me i would have the seat thief removed.
I think you need to read the whole story. Away end seating has always been pretty much unenforced, and the bloke who nicked the seat only did so because someone was sat in his own seat. I just think turning up after kick off is asking for trouble really.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I am suprised by the amount of complete bellends that turn up after kick off and kick off as someone is in their seat, because someone is in their seat, because someone is in their seat etc etc. We usually head to the nearish area and if someone is sat in our seat, no problems we'll move. It is the way it should be for away games.

Nearly got in a fight at an England game because some fake stone island clad yooof, turned up 20 mins into the game waving their tickets around in a totally packed away end.

As everyone has said, if you INSIST on your seats, get there early. If you WANT to sit down for most of the game, go down the front.

But threats about throwing out fellow Brighton fans is pretty off-form :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here