Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seats at Charlton

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
In my experience, and yes I know it seems common sense but the bigger the away following the more of the "Your sitting in my seat" problems occur. When you have just 400/500 that go to Tranmere or Carlisle say, it seems everyone knows the drill at away games and even if told to sit in the sit they are assigned know that if you want to sing/stand then go to the back, if not sit at the front. However when the less regular away travellers get a seat number they are more inclined to sit there regardless.

For example at Southampton last year a bloke told me to "move or I will move you myself" as he found me in his seat as he turned up 5 minutes in the first half despite me telling him that my seat had to alreadly been taken. It's not meant as a dig at people who turn up to 1 or 2 away games, anyone who travels to watch the Albion are alright in my book and the club needs all the support it can get. However it's slightly irritating that common sense doesn't previal during these situations, does it really matter if your not in the exact seat you are given?

In conclusion. Sit where you like at Charlton.

spot on! I could not believe me (un)luck at VILLA....the biggest game of the season,6500 albion of which 6400 were standing and having a right old sing etc and we were seated infront of the most miserable 50 odd sods i have ever encountered!(probably a few of here) They just refused to stand,banged on how they had paid for their seat etc etc...yes people should be allowed to watch there team but away games are just a different kettle of fish,thats a fact!! BHA have so many moaners and sitters,watch the premiership away fans on TV,always standing,why dont we?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
does it really matter if your not in the exact seat you are given?

In conclusion. Sit where you like at Charlton.

Yes it does matter.

No, you can't "sit where you like"

I assume you are looking at this from being a single person prospective or probably a a young with no responsibilities?
Hence you don’t care where you sit as you are only responsible for your self?

I personally will be responsible for my elderly father and young son.(older son can look after himself)

So if you suggesting that they can both trot off and find single seats which other have left unavailable and sit on there own for the game your are very wrong.

I have organised 4 seats together and I will ensure we all sit in 4 seats together.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
spot on! I could not believe me (un)luck at VILLA....the biggest game of the season,6500 albion of which 6400 were standing and having a right old sing etc and we were seated infront of the most miserable 50 odd sods i have ever encountered!(probably a few of here) They just refused to stand,banged on how they had paid for their seat etc etc...yes people should be allowed to watch there team but away games are just a different kettle of fish,thats a fact!! BHA have so many moaners and sitters,watch the premiership away fans on TV,always standing,why dont we?

I refuse to stand , why should I ?
if you want to stand, fine, Just buy a ticket for the back and stand at the back.
not just stand where you want and saying f*** all those behind that you are in the way of so us at the front can sit, thats where common sence comes in,

I want to sit so i buy a ticket for the front,

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I refuse to stand , why should I ?
if you want to stand, fine, Just buy a ticket for the back and stand at the back.
not just stand where you want and saying f*** all those behind that you are in the way of so us at the front can sit, thats where common sence comes in,

I want to sit so i buy a ticket for the front,

how did you buy a ticket for the front? I asked at the shop when getting tickets in the past if i could select tickets towards the back and they've said no can do!! Your lucky you support us then because so many teams away from home is pure standing!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
how did you buy a ticket for the front? I asked at the shop when getting tickets in the past if i could select tickets towards the back and they've said no can do!! Your lucky you support us then because so many teams away from home is pure standing!

I feel very lucky and Privileged to support Brighton, with all the high and very few lows,:lolol:

I thought it was only peterborough this year that was standing only ?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
how did you buy a ticket for the front? I asked at the shop when getting tickets in the past if i could select tickets towards the back and they've said no can do!!

Exactly, and that is why people have to swap seats so that they can sit/stand with friends that buy tickets at different times.

:albion1:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
MOSR away games, if you ask at the ticket office they will give you tickets towards the back or towards the front, though for Swindon they weren't allowed. This is the key problem, when you cannot choose.

Peterborough is not standing only, there are 800 seats for the lameoids (joke).

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Works both ways. Plenty of times i've had aggro from someone whose seat i'm sitting in. Then other times i can't get to my allocated seat: "you aint f***ing sitting there mate".....so we try to sit somewhere else and then get the same bloody thing! To be honest, the Albion away support does seem to have a large wanker-quotient. Or maybe i should just bathe more than once a month :p

I prefer the games where there is plenty of room to go where you like but it's still noisy - eg: tranmere on saturday. Unfortunately, noone is free to come to Charlton with me next week, hence i shall be getting there early to find my allocated seat to avoid any aggro from my fellow f***ing fans!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Now we've sold out and there are going to be restricted view tickets, I can only see it getting worse.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Now we've sold out and there are going to be restricted view tickets, I can only see it getting worse.

Yes, get to your seat early to ensure that someone with a restricted view seat hasn't decided that it's 'sit where you like' and yours is their chosen seat

:albion1:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Here's a suggestion:

If you are determined to/obliged to/medically have to sit down, please feel free to ignore your allocated seat and take up a position in the front 5 rows.

The rest of us who are happy to/want to/prefer to stand will take up positions behind you and generate atmosphere by singing/chanting/shouting until we lose our voices.

:thumbsup:

steve-c

Here's a suggestion:

If you are determined to/obliged to/medically have to sit down, please feel free to ignore your allocated seat and take up a position in the front 5 rows.

The rest of us who are happy to/want to/prefer to stand will take up positions behind you and generate atmosphere by singing/chanting/shouting until we lose our voices.

:thumbsup:

sounds like a good idea , the back it is then, oh the grandaughter...:albion1::albion1:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here