Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seating At Falmer

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Not sure whether this has been discussed on here but here goes.....

Do you think we shud have both ends at Falmer, like the 'Goldstone' and keep the away fans in a corner or like now give the away fans an end.

I also hope the singing section will be behind a goal and not on the side and should the club advertise which section will be the singing section ?so that people can go into the right section and sing their hearts out if they wish or just sit and watch......like half the south stand do at the mo

Did the singing section at 'Withdean' just arrive as it is now ? or was it planned by the club ? cause I do feel on some matchdays the family stand can be louder than G an H block.

Sorry to bore you...just curious thats all

:albion2:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The away fans are going to be at one of the ends. Not sure which one!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Think it would depend on the capacity at each part of the ground and how easily the away fans could be segregated from the home fans.

Are there any details available to show the seating capacity in each part of the ground?

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
it is essential that the club market the new 'north' stand as a singing and general mayhem area - they can word it how they like! - it will be small enough for it to be near full every match with old northstanders, plus all the rowdy teenagers and kids, similar to the groups that used to make up the old north. the ticket offcie should be trained to advise buyers of 'north' tickets that it will be rowdy. stewards should be checking bags for thermos flasks and blankets on the gates just in case some south standers get lost.

i remember my dad letting me go from the top of the east to the north when i was old enough, it was a natural progression, a social rite, and i hope that the next generations view the falmer example as a similar promotion.

the worse thing about withdean is that the north/east/west and southers are all mixed together - all these parts of the goldstone had their own personalities and that needs to be re-created.

it's exciting because i think the club will do just that.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Think it would depend on the capacity at each part of the ground and how easily the away fans could be segregated from the home fans.

Are there any details available to show the seating capacity in each part of the ground?

The capacity is as follows:

West Stand (in three tiers) 12,204 seats
East Stand (in single tier) 5,194 seats
North Stand (in single tier) 2,564 seats
South Stand (away supporters in single tier) 2,538 (must be a minimum of 10% capacity)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure whether this has been discussed on here but here goes.....

Do you think we shud have both ends at Falmer, like the 'Goldstone' and keep the away fans in a corner or like now give the away fans an end.

I also hope the singing section will be behind a goal and not on the side and should the club advertise which section will be the singing section ?so that people can go into the right section and sing their hearts out if they wish or just sit and watch......like half the south stand do at the mo

Did the singing section at 'Withdean' just arrive as it is now ? or was it planned by the club ? cause I do feel on some matchdays the family stand can be louder than G an H block.

Sorry to bore you...just curious thats all

:albion2:

Singing sections just highlight the absurdity of all-seater stadiums. Grrrrr.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I reckon they should market the stands like this;

West Stand (in three tiers) 12,204 seats----mixed with the 2nd tier being singing----

East Stand (in single tier) 5,194 seats ---Family Stand----

North Stand (in single tier) 2,564 seats ---mayhem stand, people who want to sing plus all the lunatics----

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
The capacity is as follows:

West Stand (in three tiers) 12,204 seats
East Stand (in single tier) 5,194 seats
North Stand (in single tier) 2,564 seats
South Stand (away supporters in single tier) 2,538 (must be a minimum of 10% capacity)
Is the South Stand officially the away end or are you making a suggestion?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Is the South Stand officially the away end or are you making a suggestion?

I just copied and pasted insiders response to my question in ask the club. So yeah it's official.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
The away fans should've been sruck in a grotty little corner.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Even if the club doesn't do it, everyone who feels passionately about a mayhem end should sort out a ST in the new north stand.

Only problem being is you're far away from the away fans so can't trade abuse :(

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤;2754019 said:
There won't be any corners at all at Falmer :glare:

Which in my opinion is a good thing, I think the atmosphere will be better for it maybe even mollineuxesque?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm not convinced.... fans in the corners help create noise from every possible angle plus it helps trap the noise in.

Plus of course it would have meant a bigger capacity. Which is never bad.

You could be right but without sounding rude, I hope your bloody wrong.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The capacity is the limiting factor - I'm sure had we got permission for 30,000 seats than the corners would be filled. Perhaps if the transport plan works and the club is successfull, than the corners may be filled in future, but lets not get ahead of ourselves!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here