Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seating At Falmer

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
If we do claim the North Stand as the mayhem stand it would be kinda bitter sweet cos, in my opinion, the best areas for viewing a match would be in line with the halfway line and around halfway up the stand, (not too close to the pitch but not too far away from the action).

But I wanna be yelling my ass off with the mayhem crowd which, if its behind the goal would not offer optimum viewing pleasure. (Providing we are playing visually pleasurable football by then!!) :flameboun

So do we sacrifice viewing pleasure for nostalgia (The North Stand memories), or could we start afresh and claim one of the sides stands as our own and that way we can yell at the top of our voices and see the game from the best view possible...

I'm as yet undecided but I thought i'd just throw this out there and see what you think. (You'll all probably tell me to bog off... Nostalgia rules !!!):ascarf:

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
So I take it, from what i have read and this hasn't been discussed yet !!

I Also feel that it doesn't matter how close the awat fans are to the coach park. As like our aways fans prefer the trian and get have a few beers on route.......isn't that the away experiance . Rather than sitting on coach.... imean wondering around in your albion shirt and seeing others when your miles from home.....is fantastic .....

So should we re-take the mighty 'North Stand' ??
I also feel that the club need to know very earlier that we want it back !!

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
So I take it, from what i have read and this hasn't been discussed yet !!

I Also feel that it doesn't matter how close the away fans are to the coach park. As like our aways fans prefer the train and get have a few beers on route.......isn't that the away experience . Rather than sitting on coach.... imean wondering around in your albion shirt and seeing others when your miles from home.....is fantastic .....

So should we re-take the mighty 'North Stand' ??
I also feel that the club need to know very earlier that we want it back !!

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
If we do claim the North Stand as the mayhem stand it would be kinda bitter sweet cos, in my opinion, the best areas for viewing a match would be in line with the halfway line and around halfway up the stand, (not too close to the pitch but not too far away from the action).

But I wanna be yelling my ass off with the mayhem crowd which, if its behind the goal would not offer optimum viewing pleasure. (Providing we are playing visually pleasurable football by then!!) :flameboun

So do we sacrifice viewing pleasure for nostalgia (The North Stand memories), or could we start afresh and claim one of the sides stands as our own and that way we can yell at the top of our voices and see the game from the best view possible...

I'm as yet undecided but I thought i'd just throw this out there and see what you think. (You'll all probably tell me to bog off... Nostalgia rules !!!):ascarf:

Good question....maybe if the raking behind the goal is decent enough then the North Stand would be the thing, but i agree viewing is better down the sides.

On another point, could we give a name to the singing section other than / as well as The North Stand...it's Goldstone 'nostalgious' but also a bit bland tbh.

The Downs End?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Regarding the singing section, how did they handle it when we went to gillingham, and how did they handle it when we came to withdean?

I mean did the club announce it, or did the singing fans agree among themselves?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Singing sections is a stupid idea. The entire stadium should be a single immense cauldron of noise, flares, fireworks, and atmosphere.

390578716_7aa8728aae.jpg

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Seems to me that the singing/hardcore fans should take the East stand. That means there is room for 5000 of us, we get a good view of the pitch, the away fans are to one side of us and we look on to the giant 12,000 stand in all its glory!

East, East, East siders!!!!!!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Seems to me that the singing/hardcore fans should take the East stand. That means there is room for 5000 of us, we get a good view of the pitch, the away fans are to one side of us and we look on to the giant 12,000 stand in all its glory!

That is entirely sensible. But what should the east stand be called?

I would like to put forward the following two names:

-The Kanchelskis Stand
-The Doug LOFT Stand

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Seems to me that the singing/hardcore fans should take the East stand. That means there is room for 5000 of us,

It'll be half empty then, would much rather we created a decent atmosphere from one packed end where traditionally (Norht Stand, Kop, Clock end etc) the hardcore support is always located.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
On another point, could we give a name to the singing section other than / as well as The North Stand...it's Goldstone 'nostalgious' but also a bit bland tbh.

The Downs End?

:lol: Possibly the worst suggestion for a football stand since the Bell End...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I posted almost exactly the same message last night when I'd had a few, but it obviously didn't work... I'm all for nostalgia but I think this is the way forward, imagine watching the 12000 leap to their feet when we score against palace!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Dicks End?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

The Downs End?

Is that an attempt at irony?

Surely the South and East stands will be the ones nearest the Downs. The North is the one furthest from any downland. The Railway End, maybe, or the Uni End? 'scoomb End is probably nearer the mark!

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
I'm all for nostalgia but I think this is the way forward, imagine watching the 12000 leap to their feet when we score against palace!

Aw mate, the thought of that just made a little bit of wee come out...:eek:

The Eastsiders is the way to go !!!!

Has anything on the subject of seating arrangements been asked about at the 'ask the club' section...

:falmer: :mexican: :falmer:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here