Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seating At Falmer

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
it is essential that the club market the new 'north' stand as a singing and general mayhem area - they can word it how they like! - it will be small enough for it to be near full every match with old northstanders, plus all the rowdy teenagers and kids, similar to the groups that used to make up the old north. the ticket offcie should be trained to advise buyers of 'north' tickets that it will be rowdy. stewards should be checking bags for thermos flasks and blankets on the gates just in case some south standers get lost.

i remember my dad letting me go from the top of the east to the north when i was old enough, it was a natural progression, a social rite, and i hope that the next generations view the falmer example as a similar promotion.

the worse thing about withdean is that the north/east/west and southers are all mixed together - all these parts of the goldstone had their own personalities and that needs to be re-created.

it's exciting because i think the club will do just that.

Couldn't agree more! I think someone should mention this on the phone in or something just to give it more exposure. It's got to happen. A real singing section! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
The away fans don't get the end with the lower roof as well do they?

Crawley 'Gull

Oct 3, 2005
Crawley
Surely the singing section should be as close to the away fans as possible.....like at Millwall and Palace. Always a better atmopshere that way.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I think that the singing section should share one end with the away fans. This would make a better atmosphere and lets face it, were never going to get a whole end of 2,000 people standing up and singing for 90 minutes. Also, the away fans would never sell out a whole end (with the exception of leeds, palace or a big team in the cup)

:clap::albion2::albion1::ascarf::yahoo:

Oct 25, 2003
I think that the singing section should share one end with the away fans. This would make a better atmosphere and lets face it, were never going to get a whole end of 2,000 people standing up and singing for 90 minutes. Also, the away fans would never sell out a whole end (with the exception of leeds, palace or a big team in the cup)

:clap::albion2::albion1::ascarf::yahoo:

the behind the goal stands are too small to share really, unless away fans get half of that stand and a bit of the stand next to it

Oct 25, 2003
But how many are they really going to bring?

depends what division we're in don't it?

i'd imagine, for example, most championship sides could bring 2,000 down

might aswell have on area that is for away fans, which can hold 2,000 odd seats, and one for home singing, rather than chopping and changing depending on how many fans the other team brings

for what its worth, i would have the 'north stand' for home singing, and then half of the stand next to it (the smaller one) for away fans

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
Fair enough, bairing in mind IF we are in the Championship

of course

but i don't think there's any point moving people about depending on what division we're in. If we just say that the north stand is 'our' stand it'll develop a reputation as being the main stand for singing

Crawley 'Gull

Oct 3, 2005
Crawley
If the away stand only holds 2,500 then i reckon a lot of teams would sell it out, especially if we're in the championship.

Ideally you'd have the away fans in the middle tier of the west stand, and then have the singing sections in the top and bottom tiers.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'm not convinced.... fans in the corners help create noise from every possible angle plus it helps trap the noise in.

They may not have fans in but the corners are at least filled in so the noise should be contained within the ground.

I think reclaiming the North stand is vital at Falmer. Singing, shouting and jumping around should be prerequistites, and any sit down moaners should be physically ejected to another part of the ground.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I do agree that having our own singing stand would be great but i was just thinking if we still have low attendances with small away followings coming down then we might as well just share with them to improve the atmosphere

Oct 25, 2003
I do agree that having our own singing stand would be great but i was just thinking if we still have low attendances with small away followings coming down then we might as well just share with them to improve the atmosphere

away fans should definitely be near the 'north stand' in my view

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
All this hype about the new north stand and it only holds 2500:glare:strange how so many seats are in one stand,so one stand equals over half the capacity???

Hope the corners do get filled in:thumbsup:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The capacity is as follows:

West Stand (in three tiers) 12,204 seats
East Stand (in single tier) 5,194 seats
North Stand (in single tier) 2,564 seats
South Stand (away supporters in single tier) 2,538 (must be a minimum of 10% capacity)

That one large stand(west) is bigger then alot of clubs entire capacity.:lolol:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
That one large stand(west) is bigger then alot of clubs entire capacity.:lolol:

On the occasions it sells out it will be an awesome sight!:bounce:

D

Deleted member 2719

it is essential that the club market the new 'north' stand as a singing and general mayhem area - they can word it how they like! - it will be small enough for it to be near full every match with old northstanders, plus all the rowdy teenagers and kids, similar to the groups that used to make up the old north. the ticket offcie should be trained to advise buyers of 'north' tickets that it will be rowdy. stewards should be checking bags for thermos flasks and blankets on the gates just in case some south standers get lost.

i remember my dad letting me go from the top of the east to the north when i was old enough, it was a natural progression, a social rite, and i hope that the next generations view the falmer example as a similar promotion.

the worse thing about withdean is that the north/east/west and southers are all mixed together - all these parts of the goldstone had their own personalities and that needs to be re-created.

it's exciting because i think the club will do just that.

Spot on mate.
:thumbsup:

Not sure about the last sentence thou i am afraid the club seem to have a "sit down shut up" attitude, i am hoping that's just because we didn't want bad publicity at Withdean which could have put Falmer into jeopardy?

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I reckon the east stand should be split down the middle with half away and the rest the albion singers. Thereby giving the required 10% away allocation and the advantage of banter.

Not sure whether this has been discussed on here but here goes.....

Do you think we shud have both ends at Falmer, like the 'Goldstone' and keep the away fans in a corner or like now give the away fans an end.

I also hope the singing section will be behind a goal and not on the side and should the club advertise which section will be the singing section ?so that people can go into the right section and sing their hearts out if they wish or just sit and watch......like half the south stand do at the mo

Did the singing section at 'Withdean' just arrive as it is now ? or was it planned by the club ? cause I do feel on some matchdays the family stand can be louder than G an H block.

Sorry to bore you...just curious thats all
:albion2:

Are you the new 1066seagull spoof? If so, you shud spell it adrie

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I reckon the east stand should be split down the middle with half away and the rest the albion singers. Thereby giving the required 10% away allocation and the advantage of banter.
If you do that we will lose 500 seats because a no-go area right down the middle.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here