Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season's biggest disappointment so far - Nicky Forster

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Forster said that he tends to score goals in batches. So I was expecting an avalanche of goals after his brace against Southend. I reckon he will score twenty goals this season.

I think we will be lucky to get ten out of him. Unless we start playing football on the deck, rather than hoofing and hoping.

I'm not saying Nathan Elder is the answer to our prayers, but I hope Wilkins gives him a game or two in the first team.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
To be disappointed, one would have to have expectations.

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
I think it's a disgrace the club isn't in the premiership playing the best football in England, even though when we had our home ground taken away from us we had just finished 91st in the football league. We are way out of our league if you look at the big picture, some people need a reality check

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hang on, Elder has scored one senior goal, hardly prolific.

Elder gets a uniquely easy ride on NSC. He looks the part but somehow always fails to produce. Forster would come good if Wilkins could forget his personal vendetta against Jakey and allow the boy to put in some service from the wing on a regular basis.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I wonder what the sages of NSC would have made to that Peter Ward chap were he playing for us now? Lazy, Doesn't track back, useless in the air etc. Get rid no doubt, just like they said about Iwelumo and Henderson

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I wonder what the sages of NSC would have made to that Peter Ward chap were he playing for us now? Lazy, Doesn't track back, useless in the air etc. Get rid no doubt, just like they said about Iwelumo and Henderson

They should never have dropped Fred Binney. :rant:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One could say that we are building a firm foundation to attack the playoffs. It is a marathon and not a sprint.

That could be true but I at least expected us to attack teams at home and try to win the games but we seem to want to sit back and defend a 0 - 0 scoreline and only wake up when we look to be in trouble. I belive that we have the players with the ability to attack teams and virtually say if you score 2 we will score 3. At the worst it will bring back the crowds although in general terms I would prefer it if we won 30 games 1 - 0 this season. We do not appear, however, that we will be able to even win many games 1 - 0.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
When we play to his strengths.... he looks exactly what we need.

Isn't really a player to live of long balls and knock downs but his run for our second goal on Tues showed what he is capable of.

To me we look like a team that are still lacking a bit of belief, when we have confidence ie, against Millwall we look a very strong side indeed. If we can win on Saturday then hopefully could be makings of a decent run and hopefully an improved side.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That could be true but I at least expected us to attack teams at home and try to win the games but we seem to want to sit back and defend a 0 - 0 scoreline and only wake up when we look to be in trouble. I belive that we have the players with the ability to attack teams and virtually say if you score 2 we will score 3. At the worst it will bring back the crowds although in general terms I would prefer it if we won 30 games 1 - 0 this season. We do not appear, however, that we will be able to even win many games 1 - 0.

Ditto. I think there is a lingering fear that we are not able to bounce back from a deficit and we are trying to grind teams down. As with you, I would rather we hit them straight away. Batter them from the off (at home) and force them into submission. We could start by getting the ball out of FDMs hands earlier and taking some more potshots from outside the area.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Im not sure why some thought Forster would score a lot, he has never scored a great amount in one season - he is more of a second striker

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mark Farrington clone

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Im not sure why some thought Forster would score a lot, he has never scored a great amount in one season - he is more of a second striker
His record is about 1 in 3, a lot of it at Championship level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here