Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season's biggest disappointment so far - Nicky Forster

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
service from the wings in all games i've seen has been poor and he doesn't get enough quality service from the midfield.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I am really sorry to disagree with everyone but I am getting quite pissed off about the amount of flak being levelled at Hammond.

He is only a young lad with responsibility for being captain as well and is doing a really good job.

Why are you sorry to disagree?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Did he win one ball in the air? Not that I recall. Strikers (even those that need the ball at their feet) should be able to win some high balls ... unless they're the same height as Leon or Jakey

Not much in it when it comes to height between Robinson and Forester;

Jake Robinson
Real name Jake Robinson
Height 5.07
Weight 10.10
Date of birth 23-10-1986
Place of birth Brighton
Position Forward
Nationality England

Nick Forster
Real name Nicholas Forster
Height 5.09
Weight 10.11
Date of birth 08-09-1973
Place of birth Caterham
Position Forward
Nationality England

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What he said. It's the first week of october and we are mid-table thanks to TEAM performances. Why do so many feel the need to slate our players/ manager/ board?
Everyone should just stop having opinions really.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Because a lot of people seem to have it in for him

dont think that is the case - if people had it in for him then he wouldnt have been voted player of the season last time. think it is more to do with dissapointment - he set a very high standard for himself last year, we have all seen what he can do, and it is just frustrating to see him playing not even half as well. especially as he now has a compotent partner alongside him in o'callaghan

Everyone should just stop having opinions really.

So you having a pop at me for expressing the OPINION that the constant moaning 6 weeks into a new season where we have alrady won 3 home games, are 1 point of a play-off position, have made several signings and been given permission to build a new stadium is a pile of wank. I suppose that is your right, but my OPINION is that it is rather a foolish stance.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
dont think that is the case - if people had it in for him then he wouldnt have been voted player of the season last time. think it is more to do with dissapointment - he set a very high standard for himself last year, we have all seen what he can do, and it is just frustrating to see him playing not even half as well. especially as he now has a compotent partner alongside him in o'callaghan

Is Hammond actually suffering due to O'Callaghan? They both seem to be attacking minded and Hammond has often player better with a holding midfielder (Bertin) behind him. Although O'Callaghan does stay deeper, there are times when him and Hammond get in each others way.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Hammond may also be slightly rusty. Before this season, he hadn't played since the Huddersfield match. Pre-season is about fitness really and he did not seem to have a decent partner before O'Callaghan. They are going to take a little while to forge a partnership.

Ps Agree with UBs suggestion. It will take time for them/him to adapt his game slightly.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So you having a pop at me for expressing the OPINION that the constant moaning 6 weeks into a new season where we have alrady won 3 home games, are 1 point of a play-off position, have made several signings and been given permission to build a new stadium is a pile of wank. I suppose that is your right, but my OPINION is that it is rather a foolish stance.
It's not really a CONSTANT MOAN about any of those things though. It's a thread saying Nicky Forster has so far been quite disappointing. Which is true. Although I thought he looked sharper last night anyway...

It's not really a CONSTANT MOAN about any of those things though. It's a thread saying Nicky Forster has so far been quite disappointing. Which is true. Although I thought he looked sharper last night anyway...

Fair enough. I guess fatigue from spending too much time on here this week has set in, it just seems like everyone has a gripe at the moment when in actual fact we are in a far far superior position all round to this time last year.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Is Hammond actually suffering due to O'Callaghan? They both seem to be attacking minded and Hammond has often player better with a holding midfielder (Bertin) behind him. Although O'Callaghan does stay deeper, there are times when him and Hammond get in each others way.

trouble is, you really dont want hammond playing in the deeper role, due to the amount of free kicks he tends to give away. they have hardly played together either, so it will take time for them to become a decent partnership. the more concerning thing though is that even before o'callaghan arrived, hammond didnt look that convincing in there, and if anything o'callaghan arriving and out shining him has magnified it even more

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
trouble is, you really dont want hammond playing in the deeper role, due to the amount of free kicks he tends to give away. they have hardly played together either, so it will take time for them to become a decent partnership. the more concerning thing though is that even before o'callaghan arrived, hammond didnt look that convincing in there, and if anything o'callaghan arriving and out shining him has magnified it even more

But prior to O'Callaghan how much was Hammond having to cover for El-Abd?

It may work in time, but I do have a bit of a worry that they get in each others way at present, but we shall see.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
But prior to O'Callaghan how much was Hammond having to cover for El-Abd?

It may work in time, but I do have a bit of a worry that they get in each others way at present, but we shall see.

agree with el abd being a problem there - but last season he managed to cope for most of the year - certainly until bertin arrived

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Forster said that he tends to score goals in batches. So I was expecting an avalanche of goals after his brace against Southend. I reckon he will score twenty goals this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was expecting a lot from him. Expectations were high. Proven goal scorer, etc. etc.

What have we got so far? Two goals, not much else. He was poor last night again.

A number of people have said he needs the ball to his feet. OK, so why don't we play it to him that way? If we're going to continue to hoof it upfield, then we need a player who can win the ball in the air. That person is NOT Nicky Forster.

Bottom line is this. If we're going to continue to play the way we are then drop him and put Nathan Elder up front with Revell. Good in the air and knows how to score goals.

If he's going to keep his place then we'd better change the way we play.

Continuing as is is not the way forward.

and there was me thinking your biggest disappointment was being forced to go and work/watch at the Bahrain Grand Prix :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here