Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season's biggest disappointment so far - Nicky Forster

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Albion striker in fitness battle
By Andy Naylor
NICKY Forster could miss his first match of the season for Albion against Bristol Rovers at Withdean on Saturday.

The experienced striker sustained a thigh injury in Tuesday's 2-0 victory at Bournemouth.

He sat out Thursday's training session and is struggling to be fit.

advertisementForster's possible absence brings into contention Nathan Elder and the back-in-favour Jake Robinson. He has recovered from a dead leg which ruled him out of the squad at Bournemouth.

2:39pm today

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I see Forster in the Argus today said he was happy with his performances this season

case closed

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
His record is about 1 in 3, a lot of it at Championship level.

Which is an average strike rate.

I rate forster a lot and think he adds to the all round play and will set up a fair few chances, he just isnt the 30 goal striker some seemed to think Wilkins had signed.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Which is an average strike rate.

I rate forster a lot and think he adds to the all round play and will set up a fair few chances, he just isnt the 30 goal striker some seemed to think Wilkins had signed.

Which is what I meant about expectation.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
logging on to NSC at the moment is like being forced to sit through half a live game in the North stand at Withdean ....... lighted THE f*** UP some of you moaning , whinging utter, utter thunderkunts.

:bla::bla::bla:

Concurred!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
logging on to NSC at the moment is like being forced to sit through half a live game in the North stand at Withdean ....... lighted THE f*** UP some of you moaning , whinging utter, utter thunderkunts.

:bla::bla::bla:

Maybe everybody's just letting their hair down and enjoying the right to moan like a normal football fan. With Falmer won, there's no longer the need to show unnatural levels of solidarity or send bunches of flowers to obese secretary-shagging c.unts at Westminster or to finely discuss section 3 paragraph 196.b of the Proposed Local Planning Wank. Moaning is what being a football fan is all about. Most Liverpool/Chelski/Manure fans find plenty to moan about. Football fan nature innit.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Maybe everybody's just letting their hair down and enjoying the right to moan like a normal football fan. With Falmer won, there's no longer the need to show unnatural levels of solidarity or send bunches of flowers to obese secretary-shagging c.unts at Westminster or to finely discuss section 3 paragraph 196.b of the Proposed Local Planning Wank. Moaning is what being a football fan is all about. Most Liverpool/Chelski/Manure fans find plenty to moan about. Football fan nature innit.

Good points well made, but sometimes the pure fickleness of it all is just OTT

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good points well made, but sometimes the pure fickleness of it all is just OTT

Agreed, but with so many NSC members there is always going to be a wide range of opinions. There was even some complete tosser on here last night slagging off Sporting Colours for no particular reason. Oh, well.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He may be out for Saturdays game so perhaps Jake will get a chance. If we have a good win he may not get back in.

Oct 17, 2003
Hove, East Sussex
what a shit thread - Forster is giving us what we have missed for the last couple of seasons upfront:
- presence
- closing down to defenders
- knows where the goal is!

When was the last time we had someone with that level of experience whom looks to shoot/turn to goal etc etc?! a long while ago, maybe not since Bobby was here

so a bollox thread and stop moaning!

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!

i agree mate, however some people on here now are just total arsebandits who just strive for attention.

shame really as NSC used to be a good laugh.

:)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
what a shit thread - Forster is giving us what we have missed for the last couple of seasons upfront:
- presence
- closing down to defenders
- knows where the goal is!

He may know where the goal is, but he's yet to show us that he can put the ball into it on a regular basis.

He's missed more than he's scored so far this season and some of those misses have been pretty glaring.

And as for moaning ... as someone said, if there was no moaning on here there'd be no NSC!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He may be out for Saturdays game so perhaps Jake will get a chance. If we have a good win he may not get back in.

That's if Jake is also fit as he was injured in training on Tuesday by Gary Hart!!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
He may know where the goal is, but he's yet to show us that he can put the ball into it on a regular basis.

He's missed more than he's scored so far this season and some of those misses have been pretty glaring.

And as for moaning ... as someone said, if there was no moaning on here there'd be no NSC!!

Forster has never been prolific and to be honest, a 34 year old isn't going set League 2 alight...anyone who thought he was going to do that is deluded. What he WAS bought down here was to bring experience to those younger players and to contribute the odd goal...Although I do think even Forster will be disappointed by his goal tally thus far.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Having seen us play today without Forster it must be obvious to everybody that we missed him immensly this afternoon ,

Jake had a good game but unfortunately that couldnt be said of Revell or Savage in my opinion.

I felt that Elder should have been brought on at least 20 mins earlier than he was and sadly I am begining to lose faith in our backroom staff and wonder if they really know what they are doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here