Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Tickets for Amex

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
If we sell 19000 season tickets I will be absolutely astonished. I just cannot see that happening. We only have about 40000 fans, surely not half of them will be getting season tickets?

Agreed - total shit stirring. Does that 800 general sales figure come from this too? Absolute nonsense.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
If what is reported is true then yeah 5500 ST holders sold, although 2,100 of them are 1901 corporates so I'm not really sure if you lump them in with "ST holders" or not

Surely the '1901' ticket holders are not corporates, simply the most expensive STHs? So they should be included in the overall ST count.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
If we sell 19000 season tickets I will be absolutely astonished. I just cannot see that happening. We only have about 40000 fans, surely not half of them will be getting season tickets?

The unpredictable bit is how many will buy an ST just to get to the first game? I will if necessary.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Dave, I'm 99% sure it's like this, with the steps going down the middle of the blocks as at Withdean, as I'm not in the middle section of seats but AM in block E. So the centre section of seats is D/E. A and H being price band A

Anyone know where the tv gantry/platform is?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
in this picture lol

attachment.php

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
and that the east stand IS zero tolerance,

They didn't mention zero tolerance today and I got the impression that was quite deliberate. Richard Hebberd used the phrase minimal tolerance, due to the family stand and the fact that the concourse would be shared with them. It may well be that when MP does the presentations he uses the phrase zero tolerance. Either way, I don't think it's much to ask that if you think you are the sort who spends 90 minutes ffing and blinding when there are young children near then perhaps you should consider relocating.

Drew, can you give some indication as to which seats are already sold out, back rows of North, central upper west I am guessing?
I didn't see the north stand because wasn't interested in going there. As for the west stand the first 10/15 rows at least in the middle are all booked. Tapers out as you get nearer the sides. I got row 8 from the front in C section for my four tickets. You can get nearer the half way line if you're happy to go further back.

sorry, is that true? if that's the case surely they will just fill in a couple of the corners in the event demand supersedes supply- but i thought planning was only granted for 22,500
Any increase is subject to planning permission as another poster alluded to. I asked the question about the east stand as I had in my mind that they had the potential to increase it to the same as the West but this is not the case as it would entail removal of the whole of the roof on both sides!!

With regard to sales, the club are obviously going to big up the anticipated sales as they have the motive of trying to sell the PSLs and they are worthless if we don't sell out the season tickets. Personally, I'm going to wait and see how sales go before considering the PSL. The price is static until the end of June so if we sell out then I might consider the additonal investment but if we all well short then the resale value of the psl will be lower than what you paid for it!

Another question related to upgrading junior tickets when the littl'n can't make it due to school. League rules (not the clubs) stipulate season tickets are not transferable but they may allow the occassional upgrade but you will have to do this online or by phone (awaits whinges about ticket office).

Park and ride will be £25 per season for a book of vouchers . Didn't think of it at the time but with over two and half times the current capacity they will need to get some additonal P&R sites. Maybe someone else can ask when they go.

They are negotiating with trains and buses re concession rates. Watch this space.

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
I asked Ken Brown about park & rides, last Friday, and he said there would be 5 next season but could not say where.

Jul 7, 2003
swindon, wilts
I asked Ken Brown about park & rides, last Friday, and he said there would be 5 next season but could not say where.

Was told yesterday they may be using Brighton racecourse parking areas

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Another question related to upgrading junior tickets when the littl'n can't make it due to school. League rules (not the clubs) stipulate season tickets are not transferable but they may allow the occassional upgrade but you will have to do this online or by phone (awaits whinges about ticket office).
Hull City run a seat buyback scheme for individual games that STH's cannot attend. If the seat is sold a credit is given off the cost of the following season's ST. There could be a workaround whereby the seat is sold back to the club so its no longer a ST's seat for that game , a credit is given and then you purchase it at the full adult rate so technically its not an upgrade.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
havent we got to get 13000 to break even,or was this when the plans started

No break even figure. That was only a consideration when the stadium financing plan included borrowing some £40M+ from banks. When the banks backed out (well documented crisis) and TB stepped in with unsecured interest free loans, the break-even figure disappeared (i.e. no interest to pay!).

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
The unpredictable bit is how many will buy an ST just to get to the first game? I will if necessary.

hope not too many, will look rubbish with hundreds of empty seats for the second game!

slightly separate subject... does anybody else think the club have misjudged the upper west prices slightly, coupled with this daft east stand zero tolerance policy?

i assumed upper west would be an expensive area, as those seats are the second best in the ground in my book (in terms of the view). you're going to have the corporates sat down below the upper west, which is shaping up to be nicely rowdy.

whereas the east, which is the other side of the ground, is going to be pretty much families only now?

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
slightly separate subject... does anybody else think the club have misjudged the upper west prices slightly, coupled with this daft east stand zero tolerance policy?

i assumed upper west would be an expensive area, as those seats are the second best in the ground in my book (in terms of the view). you're going to have the corporates sat down below the upper west, which is shaping up to be nicely rowdy.

whereas the east, which is the other side of the ground, is going to be pretty much families only now?

Our group had the same discussion after our presentation Thursday. We are convinced that the West Stand Upper is a prime and slightly underpriced location. We swerved the East from the off, simply because we have a big group who are all up for making a big noise.

Well chuffed with our seats having walked up past the stadium entrance for a good long look at exactly where we've booked. Can't frickin wait...imagine if we go up, and have the likes of Leeds coming down next season. With the West Stand Upper (with the low slung roof up the back) right round to the North Stand belting our support for our boys, gives me goose bumps just thinking about it!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

I agree with you. I reckon they could of easily made the West Upper a bit more expensive and still held the demand.

All good though as it looks to be shaping up that West Upper will be the noisy bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here