Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Tickets for Amex

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I knew about the 'VIP' pre-sales but didn't think there'd be 360 employees plus family members so ignored them-possibly wrongly.

On another point already mentioned, a lot of the early +3's are going to be existing STHs. In our small group who took 14 seats there were 3 P1 STHs attending, the rest of the 14 were made up of 1 P1 who didn't go plus 3 P3's. 7 current STHs out of 14 seats taken which equtes to +3 becoming +1, remembering also that there will be 3 less STHs who will not be using their own +3s. I'm sure there will be many similar examples plus it is bound to slow down soon, I don't think there'll be any problems in getting a ST-even if you are waiting for General Sale ones.

Forgot to mention that a large majority of the 1901 elitist clique are current STHs-relax everybody, you'll get a seat.

The VIP sales are an 'unknown quantity' (so I factored them in as worse case).
Following your example of declaring your group breakdown - amongst our large group we had 29 PRI ONE STHs, with 51 others all of slightly lower priority. No newbies whatsoever. Away from our group (i.e. STH mates that wanted to sit in areas other than our organised slot in the West Upper) - none of them have used their +3 entitlement.

I'm certain that the doom and gloom is unwarranted and that most (if not all) of this debate is simply pre-booking nerves. When you get down there you see that there (genuinely) is not a bad view/seat in the house. My gut feeling (based on the sale level so far) is that all current STHs will be able to get in, or reasonably close to, where they'd hoped to be.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Most of the 1901 sales were to current STHs-that 13.5k will be quite a bit less.
Good point and when you consider the + 3's are alot of P2 , P3 etc , it is a massive ask to fill this. A missing generation is so hard to rediscover. Archer , Belloti we will never forget.

I personally think if we can get 15k crowds then we have done very well

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
havent we got to get 13000 to break even,or was this when the plans started

Jan 30, 2008
Good point and when you consider the + 3's are alot of P2 , P3 etc , it is a massive ask to fill this. A missing generation is so hard to rediscover. Archer , Belloti we will never forget.

i think you will find a few london supporting fly by nights returning on to the scence :smokin:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't know if it's just me, but from having looked at the numbers quoted on this thread regarding number of +3s sold and the number of those +3s that are already STHs, it seems the club are going to have to sell a whole load of season tickets to 'new' supporters when they go on general sale to reach the projected 15000.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Absolutely. It's only when you look at the plans on the wall, you think holy crap, that is a lot of seats to fill, and in my mind vindicates the clubs sales policy.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The VIP sales are an 'unknown quantity' (so I factored them in as worse case).
Following your example of declaring your group breakdown - amongst our large group we had 29 PRI ONE STHs, with 51 others of slightly lower priority. No newbies whatsoever.

So there's 80 current STHs with no +3s. I think that the majority of people will be sitting more or less where they wanted to be when the Priority Packs were received. Shit, we only have 4500 current STHs and a shed load of them went all 1901 on us.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Don't think there are steps exactly on half way line but D+E are central to half way line. I'm in same block W3E just to right of the stairwell, I guess its W=West 3=3rd tier E=Block

You're in the same place as me then! Row H here :bigwave:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Just got back from my presentation and am reasonably happy with the position of my seat (upper west block c eight rows from front). They were saying that, including 1901, they have sold about 5,500 season tickets.

Asked about extending the stadium and they said that they can only increase capacity within the existing roof structure, in other words, the East Stand cannot be extended to the height of the west.
Upper west seems to be the popular location at the moment but this may change when the H block crowd get to their presentations and start plumping for the north.

As for the East, they said there would be minimal tolerance. No mention of zero tolerance so you get a couple of lives before they kick you out.

If you go to the stadium, you can get a good view through the south west corner where they have replaced the hoarding with mesh fencing and the exterior wall of the stadium is not yet in situ.

That is all.

sorry, is that true? if that's the case surely they will just fill in a couple of the corners in the event demand supersedes supply- but i thought planning was only granted for 22,500

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I don't know if it's just me, but from having looked at the numbers quoted on this thread regarding number of +3s sold and the number of those +3s that are already STHs, it seems the club are going to have to sell a whole load of season tickets to 'new' supporters when they go on general sale to reach the projected 15000.

Does make it clearer as to why the club went down the +3 route-they know that it will still take a massive effort to sell every ST that is available.

I really hope they manage it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Although the East Stand cannot be extended up to the height of the West Stand there were rumours of being able to submit planning permission for another tier on the East Stand along with filling the corners in.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Although the East Stand cannot be extended up to the height of the West Stand there were rumours of being able to submit planning permission for another tier on the East Stand along with filling the corners in.

Its more than rumours.
The East Stand has been constructed in such a way as to accomodate a 2nd tier (relatively) straightforwardly - you can even see how it would "slot in" under the roof. The concourse platform is already in place to serve a 2nd tier.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dave, I'm 99% sure it's like this, with the steps going down the middle of the blocks as at Withdean, as I'm not in the middle section of seats but AM in block E. So the centre section of seats is D/E. A and H being price band A

Thanks for that btw Notters, that makes perfect sense.
We are in Block C, rows E F & G immediately adjacent to the exit. There were a couple in our group, after coming away, under the impression we were next to the Block B exit but this clarifies it nicely.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think 19K is guaranteed if we are in the Championship next season.

If we sell 19000 season tickets I will be absolutely astonished. I just cannot see that happening. We only have about 40000 fans, surely not half of them will be getting season tickets?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
dontpanic.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
i think you will find a few london supporting fly by nights returning on to the scence :smokin:

Hmmm so being persecuted for not living in the area of Brighton? Why would London supporters be 'fly by nights'?

Brian

Feb 21, 2009
sorry, is that true? if that's the case surely they will just fill in a couple of the corners in the event demand supersedes supply- but i thought planning was only granted for 22,500

Dodge said that corners and second tier on East would take capacity to 30,000. Planning permission will be need, something to do with transport and logistics.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
To put general sales potential into perspective, our group are after 13 ST's, comprised of 2 ex Withdean STH, 6 occasional away/Withdean fans, 2 kids, 2 Eastbourne based Man Utd fans, and 1 ex Goldstone attendee. I think we will sell the whole lot but hope there is enough for everyone who wants one.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What's the greatest number of season ticket holders the club has ever had then?

There wasn't such a culture of having season tickets in the old days at the Goldstone, as it was so cheap to get in and the ground wasn't often full, so I'm guessing the numbers were quite low. And even in the early successful days at Withdean, we probably didn't have 5500 ST holders, as the initial capacity was only about 6900 I think.

I'm guessing we must already be close to having a record number.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What's the greatest number of season ticket holders the club has ever had then?

There wasn't such a culture of having season tickets in the old days at the Goldstone, as it was so cheap to get in and the ground wasn't often full, so I'm guessing the numbers were quite low. And even in the early successful days at Withdean, we probably didn't have 5500 ST holders, as the initial capacity was only about 6900 I think.

I'm guessing we must already be close to having a record number.

If what is reported is true then yeah 5500 ST holders sold, although 2,100 of them are 1901 corporates so I'm not really sure if you lump them in with "ST holders" or not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here