Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket renewal terms and discussion

Brighton Jock

Aug 28, 2003
Ashtead,Surrey
Season tickets

I just received my renewal application today, if we renew before March we pay the same price as this season, but the big offer is wait for it, if we renew for 3 years we get it at the same price as this season x3 of course. So anyone on here willing to shell out £1500 for 3 years, but not knowing what division or what ground we'll be in.............

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:nono: but only cause i haven't got £1500

how much is j block seating this year?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Not to me, if we are in this division, and we are taking over from Ecovert, and we have extra seats then what is the justification of paying the highest prices in Div 2?

CON!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Also, WHY THE HELL DO WE HAVE TO RENEW WITH WELL OVER A MONTH OF THE SEASON STILL TO GO???

We are the only club in the country where this is the case!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not seeing the whole 'good news for season ticket holders' propaganda pack winging its way to me I don't see anything to get excited about.

We pay 4 months earlier than every other club in the country to hold prices the same? Wow! I'm underwhelmed at their generosity.

Let me guess-"the club needs the money to help fund the fight for the Park and Ride application/up front costs for the extra seating/improved playing budget"?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Re: Season tickets

Brighton Jock said:
I just received my renewal application today, if we renew before March we pay the same price as this season, but the big offer is wait for it, if we renew for 3 years we get it at the same price as this season x3 of course. So anyone on here willing to shell out £1500 for 3 years, but not knowing what division or what ground we'll be in.............

Before March, or before the end of March?

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Dan, I'd say this is a clever move by the club. Does it really matter to you when you shell out the money? For many people, they'll pay in Feb/Mar, and it won't be any different to paying in Jun/July. However, for the club, cashflow is king - so why ponce about waiting for the summer????

I'll be watching, whether we're in Div 1 or Div 2. Infact, in many ways I think next season will be much more enjoyable in Div 2.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
After five years, I don't think I'll be renewing. This is partly because of changing circumstances but also because, with the extra seats tickets on a match by match basis should be easier to obtain.

Robbo

What a f***ing con! The three year season ticket should be f***ing cheaper, not the same price. My brummy mate payed for a 5 year season ticket for his beloved Birmingham City just before they got promoted to the prem, and that cost 1500 dabs!!

Now thats a good deal, even tho you do have to watch the brummies!!

f***ing JOKE THIS CLUB AND THERE SHOCKING PRICES!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
balloonboy said:
Dan, I'd say this is a clever move by the club. Does it really matter to you when you shell out the money? For many people, they'll pay in Feb/Mar, and it won't be any different to paying in Jun/July. However, for the club, cashflow is king - so why ponce about waiting for the summer????

And what about MY cash flow?I can pay for my ticket today if necessary but I think they're taking the piss expecting us to pay months before the rest of England renew their season tickets.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sign Benji and I'll renew, that's my final offer :p

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
balloonboy said:

I'll be watching, whether we're in Div 1 or Div 2. Infact, in many ways I think next season will be much more enjoyable in Div 2.

Maybe it doesnt matter to you, but I have 2 tickets and its a big outlay. To be honest there will be plenty of seats next season and I wont even need a season ticket, and we are bound to see record numbers of holders not renewing due to the apathy at the moment. Ill have no probs getting tickets when I want them so the club has scored a massive own goal in my opinion!

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
This is an indication that prices will not drop when Falmer arrives. Oh dear.

What is the increase, percentage wise, if you renew after 31/3 ?.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Well I can probably get money to pay for this by March but a lot of people who actually have proper things to pay for, like a mortgage, may not be able to.

Saying that, this procedure has been in place for several seasons.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
chips and gravy said:
After five years, I don't think I'll be renewing. This is partly because of changing circumstances but also because, with the extra seats tickets on a match by match basis should be easier to obtain.

even in the 1st last season I got 9/10 tickets I applied for and we we're selling out back then. I was thinking of getting a season ticket for next year but if we're in div 2 then I dont see the point, applying as and when is just fine for me

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
fatboy said:
Well I can probably get money to pay for this by March but a lot of people who actually have proper things to pay for, like a mortgage, may not be able to.

Saying that, this procedure has been in place for several seasons.

But it's getting deeper and deeper into current seasons as each season passes. We'll be paying 2 seasons in advance within 5 years at this rate...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Sorry one more thing, if the club arent going to reduce prices when we get to Falmer they have the commercial sense of a donkeys arse! We will have a ground that we will have to find 13,000 more supprters to fill, a higher attendence in its own right than any we avg we have acheived since 1985!!!!

Season tickets will be completely unrequired so they must be priced attractively. The club are living in cloud cukoo land! :nono:

If the last of the 3 seasons of the "deal" is at Falmer I cant see how you are getting any benefit!

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
cash flow must be so bad that they need an extra 2 seasons ticket money. What happens when this money runs out in a years time?.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If the three year offer was cheaper I may have gone for it but as it is I'll just renew for one year. Chances are this time next year they'll offer us the same deal so we can renew at the same price again in the menatime we could have earnt interest on the money we would have spent on the ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here