Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket prices

bristo

Apr 8, 2010
East Preston
I'm not sure what part of your post you mean but the row A to B comparison? How can anyone in row B know what is better; they've just barely started the work. I would guess row B peeps are jealous of row A? ;)

There are other row As at the Amex. I was looking for a little more lateral thought!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I sit in Holte Lower and the views are far, far from shit. What was like when you sat there? I don't think Villa have JCL's and spend anytime obsessing about them like Brighton. Sure, you get a little pop for when Man Yoo and Liverpool turn up but that is the same with Brighton v Liverpool earlier this season.

Which bit of the Holte End? Most of the lower tier is £480, the wings are £405, only the tiny slithers at the far reaches of each side are £295. In the upper tier half of it is £520, then 2 blocks at £480 and one block at £405, before 2 slithers at each end at £295. There is going to be a pretty significant reason why those blocks at the end are so much cheaper.

When I sat in the Dough Ellis stand last time, the view was horrific, I was by the end near the north stand, the seats were almost impssible to sit in as they are too small and to close the the row in front. The Villa fans seats in the same stand at the other end are £520 for a season ticket I'd suggest the prices at the Amex are perfectly reasonable if you're going to compare them to Villa Park.

SeagullBT

Sep 7, 2011
Which bit of the Holte End? Most of the lower tier is £480, the wings are £405, only the tiny slithers at the far reaches of each side are £295. In the upper tier half of it is £520, then 2 blocks at £480 and one block at £405, before 2 slithers at each end at £295. There is going to be a pretty significant reason why those blocks at the end are so much cheaper.

When I sat in the Dough Ellis stand last time, the view was horrific, I was by the end near the north stand, the seats were almost impssible to sit in as they are too small and to close the the row in front. The Villa fans seats in the same stand at the other end are £520 for a season ticket I'd suggest the prices at the Amex are perfectly reasonable if you're going to compare them to Villa Park.

Both end blocks L1, L8 are £295; the blocks are not small, view is just as perfect as Holte End centre; as you know VP is quite open so the wind can rip right through there but ........... come on, it's football. All this matchday 'experience', padded seat rubbish. As for the front, I'm not sure how many rows it covers but I'm row C and there is maybe another 5-7 rows further back included. To be fair the Witton Lane Stand is tight but bad view? Naughty Brighton fans standing up - funny all seater stadiums are not designed for that.

I know I compared a couple a few other Season Ticket prices but it wasn't supposed to turn into a comparison on the whole blooming Club versus Club (well, there is no comparison) My point was while the 'customers' continue to pay blindly £595 - football in England will never change for the good. Any comments Phil on the link I posted?

SeagullBT

Sep 7, 2011
Just to clarify, those cheap seats are £31 to buy on a match-by-match basis too :eek:

Villa are pretty good on their match by match offers. Tottenham on Sunday was selling yesterday on buy 1 adult ticket and child goes free. McLeish has been brilliant for pushing the match by match offers

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Both end blocks L1, L8 are £295; the blocks are not small, view is just as perfect as Holte End centre; as you know VP is quite open so the wind can rip right through there but ........... come on, it's football. All this matchday 'experience', padded seat rubbish. As for the front, I'm not sure how many rows it covers but I'm row C and there is maybe another 5-7 rows further back included. To be fair the Witton Lane Stand is tight but bad view? Naughty Brighton fans standing up - funny all seater stadiums are not designed for that.

I know I compared a couple a few other Season Ticket prices but it wasn't supposed to turn into a comparison on the whole blooming Club versus Club (well, there is no comparison) My point was while the 'customers' continue to pay blindly £595 - football in England will never change for the good. Any comments Phil on the link I posted?

That piece about German ticket prices is amazing, how do they manage to produce a team in the CL final, sold out games all over the league, and ticket prices so low? Bundesliga In the last three years have had three different cup winners and three different champions. There is certianly something wrong with football in the UK, but I do think it can change. The Albion have tried to do things a little differently, you can be sure that other clubs will follow some of the things done at the Amex. The the costs sprialling across the whole of British football are going to have to be dealt with by the governing bodies. We all know that the FA will never do anything of value, the FIFA/UEFA FFP thing may actually have more effect than a lot have been expecting. OK, so a few teams will [try to] run roughshod over it, but I don't think they'll be able to for long, maybe it is about to change, a bit.

Either that, or we should all hop over to Dortmund of a Saturday.

SeagullBT

Sep 7, 2011
That piece about German ticket prices is amazing, how do they manage to produce a team in the CL final, sold out games all over the league, and ticket prices so low? Bundesliga In the last three years have had three different cup winners and three different champions. There is certianly something wrong with football in the UK, but I do think it can change. The Albion have tried to do things a little differently, you can be sure that other clubs will follow some of the things done at the Amex. The the costs sprialling across the whole of British football are going to have to be dealt with by the governing bodies. We all know that the FA will never do anything of value, the FIFA/UEFA FFP thing may actually have more effect than a lot have been expecting. OK, so a few teams will [try to] run roughshod over it, but I don't think they'll be able to for long, maybe it is about to change, a bit.

Either that, or we should all hop over to Dortmund of a Saturday.

I think you can even drink beer in the stands over there - and they'll probably win Euro 2012! :( But they don't get to ride the Gus Bus! Much love to you Phil, good night!

None of them are £600, and the majority of them are under £500. On top of that you get subsidised travel for £30.
Doesn't the total travel element of the ticket equate to a subsidy to the value of £3 (cost to the club that is) so around £70 over a season. That's what Brown 'n Perry said on one of the Albion Roar progs about the £1 vouchers and I think that was the discount with the Seagull Travel coaches this season, if you bought a book of the vouchers.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Doesn't the total travel element of the ticket equate to a subsidy to the value of £3 (cost to the club that is) so around £70 over a season. That's what Brown 'n Perry said on one of the Albion Roar progs about the £1 vouchers and I think that was the discount with the Seagull Travel coaches this season, if you bought a book of the vouchers.

I thought it was announced as a £30 addition to season ticket prices (last years prices).

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Is the £30 travel cost optional? Or do you have to pay it as part of ST,thus subsidising travel generally for others etc?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think you can even drink beer in the stands over there - and they'll probably win Euro 2012! :( But they don't get to ride the Gus Bus! Much love to you Phil, good night!

All the Bundesliga grounds I have been to also include free travel to and from the match as well. Hertha match tickets pretty much act as a Berlin travelcard for the day as they're valid until 2am I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here