Season Ticket prices cut & revised Membership scheme

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
is this fixtures

Albion cut cost of season tickets
By Andy Naylor
ALBION have cut the cost to their most loyal fans of watching matches at Withdean.

Season ticket prices have been reduced by five per cent across the board for the 2007-08 campaign.

The Seagulls are also introducing a gold membership scheme with a range of benefits, including priority for a high-profile away match, and they are re-launching a three-year season ticket.

The changes follow complaints by fans over aspects of the existing ticket arrangements.

Season ticket holders were particularly angry about missing out on the FA Cup tie at West Ham in January.

Chairman Dick Knight said: "You spoke and we listened. We have reduced the prices, ensured that the allocation of tickets to high interest away games gives priority to season ticket holders, continued the very popular ticket offers to family and friends of season ticket holders and re-introduced the very popular three-year package.

"In addition, we have added some other good ideas which will enhance fans' enjoyment of following the Seagulls."

The key features of the new package are: Five per cent drop in season ticket prices in all areas of the ground.

Exclusive gold entry into a new club membership scheme, guaranteeing one priority ticket per season ticket holder for all high-interest away games including cup ties and play-off matches.

Other benefits for scheme members including a shop discount, newsletters and free DVD's of selected matches.

Regular invitations to season ticket holders only to buy extra home tickets at substantial discounts for family and friends.

Continued priority to season ticket holders for all home cup and play-off games.

Current season ticket holders can take advantage of an "early bird" discount by applying to renew by April 30 and, as in previous years, tickets can be bought in single payments or in three instalments over three months.

New applicants and those renewing after April 30 will pay the full rate, which has also been cut by five per cent.

Further savings can be made on the three-year option, which proved popular when it was introduced three years ago.

Fans will be able to renew on-line via the club website with an individual code number sent out with the season ticket package.

Sorry if this has been posted before The club seems to be listerning to its customers..does this mean the basic AMS system will be revamped ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yorkie said:

Season tickets down 5 per cent and a membership scheme.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/display.var.1305989.0..php

In response to the issues that arose concerning the allocation of tickets for the Albion's FA cup tie against West Ham, the Club have reviewed their "Away Ticket" policy for all high interest games including cup ties.

A new scheme is announced today which is designed to ensure first and foremost that all season ticket holders get priority for high interest away matches, but also keeps the benefits of the very successful away membership scheme that has now been operating for the last seven years.

The new scheme has three levels of membership: Gold Membership - exclusive to Season Ticket Holders only. Membership entitles the holder to the following benefits: * Automatic, free membership for Season Ticket holders.

* Guarantees* one priority ticket per Gold member for all high-interest away games, including Cup ties and Play-off matches.

* 10% discount on all club shop purchases.

* Members will receive a club newsletter and free DVD's of selected matches during the season * Regular invitations to buy extra home game tickets at substantial discounts for family and friends * Continued priority to season ticket holders for all home Cup and Play-off games.

* Subject to availability - if the number of away tickets allocated to the Club is less than the number of Gold Members the tickets will be allocated on a first-come, first served basis.

Blue Membership - Non-season ticket holders can purchase entry to "Blue" level membership for £30 per season (adults) - £15 (U16's) renewable annually.

* Second priority* for members for high-interest away games, including Cup ties and Play-off matches.

* 10% discount on all club shop purchases * Blue Members will also receive a club newsletter and free DVD's of selected matches during the season * Priority for seats not allocated to season ticket holders for all home Cup and Play-off games.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Signing Deano up coupled with the good form of the reserves makes the release of this news very well timed. Hope they sell well.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I can understand you missing the thread Fran, as it is entitled 'Is this fixtures'

Your's is clearer in content.

:lolol: :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Excellent news and most welcome that the club are getting their head round the commercial side and what is the general consensus - football is becoming too expensive.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So I presume we'll be getting the stuff through in the post in the next couple of days???

Good news for STHs though, with the ticket thing, free DVDs, club shop discount and all. Hopefully might attract some new STHs and might tempt those who weren't going to renew.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Frutos said:
So I presume we'll be getting the stuff through in the post in the next couple of days???

Yes and it can all be done on-line as well

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Yorkie said:
I can understand you missing the thread Fran, as it is entitled 'Is this fixtures'

Your's is clearer in content.

:lolol: :lolol:

ARE YOU HAVING A GO YORKIE !! :D

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
MYOB said:
Is there a reason the Argus article has "Blob" written at the start of a lot of sentences?

It's a bullet point...

In other news.. the link with the exact prices isn't working on the official website unfortunately

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Firstly I applaud the club for cutting prices and giving a bit of extra value to STHs with the discounts, etc.

BUT I am pissed off with the membership schemes. I suppose it all comes down to where you stand on the great West Ham Tickets debate. I can understand Beach Hut being pleased because this is pretty much everything he asked for, but those of us who don't see why current HOME ticket holders should automatically get priority for AWAY games it's a kick in the teeth.

AMS members are now 3rd class citizens - unless you fancy paying thirty quid EACH YEAR to just pick up the scraps that STHs leave for the odd one or two 'big' games we're likely to play each year.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Brovian said:
Firstly I applaud the club for cutting prices and giving a bit of extra value to STHs with the discounts, etc.

BUT I am pissed off with the membership schemes. I suppose it all comes down to where you stand on the great West Ham Tickets debate. I can understand Beach Hut being pleased because this is pretty much everything he asked for, but those of us who don't see why current HOME ticket holders should automatically get priority for AWAY games it's a kick in the teeth.

AMS members are now 3rd class citizens - unless you fancy paying thirty quid EACH YEAR to just pick up the scraps that STHs leave for the odd one or two 'big' games we're likely to play each year.

In my view STH's (of which I am one) deserve some extra benefits for the £400+ you lay out at the start of a season. This would include priority for big game tickets

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
S'hampton Seagull said:
In my view STH's (of which I am one) deserve some extra benefits for the £400+ you lay out at the start of a season. This would include priority for big game tickets

I agree im a sth am well happy with price reduction, and the club have layed down proper guidelines as to who gets priority with big games.

I understand some people will be upset but you cannot please everyone at the end of the day

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would have said £30 a year is way too high, should be £10.

This ensures that the those who are serious about away games will go as opposed to about 50% of the people who went to West Ham who probably went to Cardiff as a previous outing.

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
Beach Hut said:
I would have said £30 a year is way too high, should be £10.

This ensures that the those who are serious about away games will go as opposed to about 50% of the people who went to West Ham who probably went to Cardiff as a previous outing.

Yeah i think it is a bit excessive

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here