Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Farce @PaulBarber

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What point are you trying to make?

If only they called it:-

'The American Express free tickets for all who consider themselves life long supporters but aren't season ticket holders and resent spending £45 to the seat owner in order to sublet it from the current tennant Community Stadium'.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Season tickets being offered all over the place on facebook for Brentford……plenty free by the STH to anyone who has membership. Good to see people at least trying to get them used. Very few actual tickets on sale on the website, most blocks appear sold out which seems a bit odd.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Season tickets being offered all over the place on facebook for Brentford……plenty free by the STH to anyone who has membership. Good to see people at least trying to get them used. Very few actual tickets on sale on the website, most blocks appear sold out which seems a bit odd.

There’s a few hundred left in the South Stand for £30. As for blocks selling out then it’s not odd - the sales of match day tickets has been high all season with most games selling out or close to selling out. It’s odd when they don’t - even if it’s 8pm on Boxing Day during a resurgent pandemic…

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
A fan is for life,either in attendance or armchair…..My plea…….Don’t make the armchair option too inviting please….a bit like Amazon football and what we have left is the corner shop of non league…..

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Classic own goal by the club IMHO... holding out from opening the exchange because they still have a few returned away end tickets to sell.

There could be THOUSANDS of season tickets available, all over the stadium, so I could buy one for a family member in our block in WSU.... but no, that's not how it works. :nono:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Depends. Do you have an arrangement with your boozer that gives you a discount provided you guarantee to buy a pint once a fortnight ? If you then pass on the cheaper Peroni to one of your ne’er do well scrounging mates * then I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that the publican is a bit pissed off. You don’t have this discount arrangement with your pub though so the problem won’t arise.

*that’s a joke in case anyone gets offended, particularly your ne’er do well scrounging mates.

Even better if the pub tells you a couple of weeks before you thought of going down to the boozer that you have to pay for your drink in advance, the beer may be flat, and they might decide to allow you in anywhere between 18 hours before and 60 hours after when you were planning to originally pop down, but you can't have your money back.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There’s a few hundred left in the South Stand for £30. As for blocks selling out then it’s not odd - the sales of match day tickets has been high all season with most games selling out or close to selling out. It’s odd when they don’t - even if it’s 8pm on Boxing Day during a resurgent pandemic…

It’s a bit odd for this particular game/ko time. 10k STHs won’t turn up but we sell around 5k other tickets ? It’s almost every block that’s sold out.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It’s a bit odd for this particular game/ko time. 10k STHs won’t turn up but we sell around 5k other tickets ? It’s almost every block that’s sold out.

I agree it’s odd (and there may well be unsold tickets not listed on the ticket site yet) but isn’t this the reason the club are now enforcing the T and C’s on lending tickets to mates ? They want to sell more of their own tickets and this is thwarted by ST holders doing as they please with ‘their seat.’

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I agree it’s odd (and there may well be unsold tickets not listed on the ticket site yet) but isn’t this the reason the club are now enforcing the T and C’s on lending tickets to mates ? They want to sell more of their own tickets and this is thwarted by ST holders doing as they please with ‘their seat.’

Presumably so……..Barber was right all along. Kerching. Will be close to more non STHs than STHs in the ground on that basis.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

It’s not odd, it’s normal.
Brighton sell out PL games. Season ticket holders are staying away due to health and other reasons - fair enough - but thousands want to be there. And the club have laid on plenty of free transport options to make that happen.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s not odd, it’s normal.
Brighton sell out PL games. Season ticket holders are staying away due to health and other reasons - fair enough - but thousands want to be there. And the club have laid on plenty of free transport options to make that happen.

Well I’m surprised. Announcing the game as an almost sell-out when the ground is half empty will get a big cheer I’m sure :lolol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Classic own goal by the club IMHO... holding out from opening the exchange because they still have a few returned away end tickets to sell.

There could be THOUSANDS of season tickets available, all over the stadium, so I could buy one for a family member in our block in WSU.... but no, that's not how it works. :nono:

4 offers in an hour. Is anyone going??

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
4 offers in an hour. Is anyone going??

Almost a sellout

F4CB39CF-0C1A-4FEF-854B-0C5F09E258A8.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well I’m surprised. Announcing the game as an almost sell-out when the ground is half empty will get a big cheer I’m sure :lolol:

I'll wager you 45 pence the attendance doesn't get announced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here