Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Farce @PaulBarber

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I had previously posted my frustration that despite knowing many people round me not going to Boxing Day game I was unable to get there ticket as they were unwilling to pay to share. I was therefore unable to take with me a visiting relative as no club tickets available in my section. However rang club yesterday and said yes they had tickets in that section and I purchased one. Pleased, but strange that these seats not shown as available so if anybody wants a seat in a section not shown it is worth a ring

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
You're right. All the NSC threads should allow freedom to express opinions but there seems to be a growing intolerance of differing opinions from The Opinion. Is it just a reflection of modern society?

My original post honestly wasn't an intolerance of people's views - even though I might have a different view to many on this subject.

What I was trying to say - possibly badly - was that some seem have posted the same view again and again ... that's what I was referring to as somewhat tiresome.

And since then we've had a couple of new contributions - one giving a fairly detailed view as to how it's worked well for them ... and one against.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Not really the point though, is it. Paying £20 for the right to pass on something on that you've already paid for, and then also rinsing the other side for £25/£15 does 'rub' a bit.

What if I paid £5 for a pint of Peroni in a Greene King pub, but then before I take a sip, the taxi turns up early so I have to leave. But before I can pass it on to a mate, I have to pay £1.50 over the bar, as does the recipient of the spare beer.

Fair ?

Abit like those stay and pay car parks that now insist on a registration so you can’t pass on the already paid for final xx mins to the next person to save them the bother

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
My original post honestly wasn't an intolerance of people's views - even though I might have a different view to many on this subject.

What I was trying to say - possibly badly - was that some seem have posted the same view again and again ... that's what I was referring to as somewhat tiresome.

And since then we've had a couple of new contributions - one giving a fairly detailed view as to how it's worked well for them ... and one against.

I know. You're original post was perfectly clear and reasonable. I was only gently joking that it was the other side of the argument and reflecting that offering the other side doesn't seem to go down so well these days. Not with me though. I prefer the debates to show differing viewpoints.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

You make a fair point there. However repeated views are happening on both sides. Since when has someone who is happy with a situation, as it either doesn't bother them so they can't see the need for any fuss, or it suits them and has worked out well for them, been able to persuade those who aren't so enamoured as it doesn't help them with their situation? No amount of repetitive cajoling will alter the fact that for many, this scheme is badly thought out for those with a one-off case.

Maybe if the people who are happy with the scheme, stopped replying to those that aren't, it would take a more reasonable course? Still beats arguing about Brexit!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
You make a fair point there. However repeated views are happening on both sides. Since when has someone who is happy with a situation, as it either doesn't bother them so they can't see the need for any fuss, or it suits them and has worked out well for them, been able to persuade those who aren't so enamoured as it doesn't help them with their situation? No amount of repetitive cajoling will alter the fact that for many, this scheme is badly thought out for those with a one-off case.

Maybe if the people who are happy with the scheme, stopped replying to those that aren't, it would take a more reasonable course? Still beats arguing about Brexit!

I see what you're saying (first paragraph) ... but that principle probably could apply to many threads on here where there are people on different sides of an argument. It would make this place very boring ... maybe that would be seen as an improvement :wink:

And surely those against the scheme will be miffed if those 'for it' stopped posting as they wouldn't have anyone to argue with :lolol:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I had previously posted my frustration that despite knowing many people round me not going to Boxing Day game I was unable to get there ticket as they were unwilling to pay to share. I was therefore unable to take with me a visiting relative as no club tickets available in my section. However rang club yesterday and said yes they had tickets in that section and I purchased one. Pleased, but strange that these seats not shown as available so if anybody wants a seat in a section not shown it is worth a ring

How much was the ticket ? Would it have been cheaper (even with the Albion + membership) to pay one of your friends to share their ticket ? (£35)

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
If there are any Albion+ members on here that want to go to the Brentford game and haven't sorted a ticket as yet, I'd be happy transferring my season ticket to them (West Upper - fairly central). I don't want any money for it.

When the schedule was released I was intending to go - despite the unsociable time. However, my son is coming out of hospital beginning of next week having been in hospital 6 weeks. He is coming to us as unfortunately his young daughter tested positive for Covid last week and the hospital are understandably being cautious about him going straight home. We are testing every day and being ultra cautious for obvious reasons.

Hope I don't get into trouble for my offer :ohmy: ... but if anyone is interested then message me.

Equally I will delete my message if not appropriate :thumbsup:

View from my seat ...

IMG_0499.jpeg

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

The thread would be very one sided with people claiming “everyone on NSC/all Albion fans/everyone in the world disagree with the scheme”

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The thread would be very one sided with people claiming “everyone on NSC/all Albion fans/everyone in the world disagree with the scheme”

Yes it would. But no-one is saying that anyway. It is certainly not my understanding that this view is being widely promoted. You are missing the point again, most people who don't like the scheme do not as it means that one-off circumstances where a ticket suddenly becomes available are nigh on impossible and the seat remains empty to no one's advantage. This has been repeatedly explained, if you disagree with this then fine, but please don't make out that your erroneous statement represents most of the people who have registered dissatisfaction.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If there are any Albion+ members on here that want to go to the Brentford game and haven't sorted a ticket as yet, I'd be happy transferring my season ticket to them (West Upper - fairly central). I don't want any money for it.

When the schedule was released I was intending to go - despite the unsociable time. However, my son is coming out of hospital beginning of next week having been in hospital 6 weeks. He is coming to us as unfortunately his young daughter tested positive for Covid last week and the hospital are understandably being cautious about him going straight home. We are testing every day and being ultra cautious for obvious reasons.

Hope I don't get into trouble for my offer :ohmy: ... but if anyone is interested then message me.

Equally I will delete my message if not appropriate :thumbsup:

View from my seat ...

View attachment 143013

That is a very kind offer and I hope someone can benefit. Great view! I sincerely hope your son recovers quickly and that his family are okay too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Abit like those stay and pay car parks that now insist on a registration so you can’t pass on the already paid for final xx mins to the next person to save them the bother

Hate those. So snide.

I always get there and realise I can't remember my numberplate.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not really the point though, is it. Paying £20 for the right to pass on something on that you've already paid for, and then also rinsing the other side for £25/£15 does 'rub' a bit.

What if I paid £5 for a pint of Peroni in a Greene King pub, but then before I take a sip, the taxi turns up early so I have to leave. But before I can pass it on to a mate, I have to pay £1.50 over the bar, as does the recipient of the spare beer.

Fair ?

Depends. Do you have an arrangement with your boozer that gives you a discount provided you guarantee to buy a pint once a fortnight ? If you then pass on the cheaper Peroni to one of your ne’er do well scrounging mates * then I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that the publican is a bit pissed off. You don’t have this discount arrangement with your pub though so the problem won’t arise.

*that’s a joke in case anyone gets offended, particularly your ne’er do well scrounging mates.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
I find this whole stance of "shelling Out" & "many of whom could probably only just afford a season ticket", to name to the two recent ones very mindbogglingly.

We are talking about owners of a Premier League season ticket.

Not only that one of the most expensive tickets.
To support a club in one of the wealthiest catchment areas in the country.

Now sure that wealth isn't evenly spread.

So if you can only just afford a season ticket - why the f##k have you got a season ticket?

If you begrudge shelling out £20, it's probably best you don't go to a pub, restaurant, cafe, coffee shop, the cinema.
Basically you really ought not to go outside.

Let them eat cake, eh? I think this post represents the final stage of football’s transformation from mass entertainment for all, to an exclusive entertainment for the middle-class.

It’s been on the cards for the last 30 years, but we’ve now reached the stage where a fan is openly bemoaning that they have to share their sporting hobby with the poor. (And in their next post openly mocking them for being poor)

How dare they try to enjoy a pursuit they can barely afford. Bring out the prawn sandwiches lads, and enjoy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Haven't read all of this thread, but an example of how costly it's getting. I have a ST in WSL, toward the South Stand, but I wanted to take my lad with me to the City game, so had to put up my seat for sale as I can't pass it on. My seat didn't sell. I had to buy 2 x adult seats for me & my 5 year old to be next to each other. These were in WSL also, although toward the North Stand. Cost of the tickets was 116.00, plus the cost of my ST which didn't sell. If I was still allowed top pass it on, I would have got face value for it. (I've never sold my ST for profit when away from home).
In future, I intend to take my lad more often, so will more than likely not renew my ST as it's just so difficult to sell. I have managed to sell through the correct channel only once this season, I was refunded something like 38.00. So the club seem to making a profit there.
Anyway, all I know is that my particular circumstances do not make it worthwhile having a ST anymore if I can't pass it on to whoever I want as easily as I used to be able when when working away. They have made a problem which is clearly impacting attitudes of supporters, attendances, atmosphere, and also revenue!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Let them eat cake, eh? I think this post represents the final stage of football’s transformation from mass entertainment for all, to an exclusive entertainment for the middle-class.

It’s been on the cards for the last 30 years, but we’ve now reached the stage where a fan is openly bemoaning that they have to share their sporting hobby with the poor. (And in their next post openly mocking them for being poor)

How dare they try to enjoy a pursuit they can barely afford. Bring out the prawn sandwiches lads, and enjoy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s nothing to do with class. It’s all about income. Your other sentiments are spot on though. PL and Championship football is expensive. It will get more expensive. The demographics of the fan base have changed and will change further. It’s the reality of the situation.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yes it would. But no-one is saying that anyway. It is certainly not my understanding that this view is being widely promoted. You are missing the point again, most people who don't like the scheme do not as it means that one-off circumstances where a ticket suddenly becomes available are nigh on impossible and the seat remains empty to no one's advantage. This has been repeatedly explained, if you disagree with this then fine, but please don't make out that your erroneous statement represents most of the people who have registered dissatisfaction.

I don’t know what you are on about. I was replying to this part of your post:

“Maybe if the people who are happy with the scheme, stopped replying to those that aren't, it would take a more reasonable course? Still beats arguing about Brexit!”

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
How much was the ticket ? Would it have been cheaper (even with the Albion + membership) to pay one of your friends to share their ticket ? (£35)

Yes ticket was £42 so would have saved £7. Even if I could have persuaded somebody to join scheme they would also have to cough up the £20 which I have to return to them. Also have to get my Rotherham supporter relative to pay £15 and look forward to membership pack which would end up in bin. Sums up the system and for saving £7 not worth the hassle. Club will be happy as they have gained £42 which is what it is all about

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here