Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Farce @PaulBarber

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It's a ballache and adds a lot more admin to the process, but the club clearly thought they needed to implement it because of covid and the need to know who was in the ground.

Bit unfair to label the club 'greedy' though on this - it wouldn't have been cheap to implement this within their ticketing system, and the club's already losing money hand over fist.

However, a better solution would be to allow people to have a ticket shared to them just by registering online, without the need to become a full-on MyAlbion+ member.

Does the club know how many were in the ground last night? Barber announced that there were just over 30.3K. Anybody really think there were that many? Barber has a history of artificially inflating the attendance figures (for reasons that to my knowledge he has never explained). Therefore I'm not sure your statement can be entirely accurate. I thought that there was a requirement for the club to notify attendences to the Council for licencing/H&S reasons but that must have gone out of the window now.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Well that's an error by the checker. The point of the check is to Make sure the covid pass is actually yours. As far as I could see last night they checked everyone at the time I was entering the upper west.

Certainly didnt in the North East entrance, person literally had a quick glance at phone. I could have show the qr code of a Wetherspoons menu and got in.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Does the club know how many were in the ground last night? Barber announced that there were just over 30.3K. Anybody really think there were that many? Barber has a history of artificially inflating the attendance figures (for reasons that to my knowledge he has never explained). Therefore I'm not sure your statement can be entirely accurate. I thought that there was a requirement for the club to notify attendences to the Council for licencing/H&S reasons but that must have gone out of the window now.

Did he announce there was over 30k there ?

And he has explained - all clubs base the attendance on tickets sold, not tickets used.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I used to pass mine on to a friend who has physical and mental health issues, struggles financially, but is a huge BHAFC fan; she just can't afford to go. She really enjoyed her trips to the AMEX and hugely appreciated the opportunity. It never crossed my mind to charge her anything for the ticket.

So yeah Barber, we're all ticket touts. That's what we are doing; selling on our tickets and making a fortune. The man is a fool if he thinks we were all touting. But he isn't a fool; he saw the passing over of unused STs as another money grabbing opportunity. But he won't be getting any more of mine so my seat stays empty.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I discovered it by default. I can never get a signal at the stadium, so I always screenshot my own ticket for myself so I am not faffing around at the turnstile. Therefore I use the screenshot, not the actual ticket. Always works. Same as my Covid pass. The QR code always works through the screenshot. I am also aware that 02 suggest this if you are buying pre sale tickets for gigs for someone else. My daughter bought me Alice Cooper tickets which went straight to her phone . I am not on 02. I was actually told by someone at 02 customer services, just screenshot it.
To be fair Barber is trying to stop touting, which is not what we are doing. Any self respecting punter would not take this advise from a tout.

if this is the case we might as well close the thread,

If you want to share your ST just screenshot the QR and send to your mate.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Did he announce there was over 30k there ?

And he has explained - all clubs base the attendance on tickets sold, not tickets used.

Then that isn't "attendence" is it? That is "tickets sold".

1. uncountable noun
Someone's attendance at an event or an institution is the fact that they are present at the event or go regularly to the institution.

2. variable noun
The attendance at an event is the number of people who are present at it.

My bolding.

Source: https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/attendance

Brighton and Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers. Premier League.
7:30pm, Wednesday 15th December 2021.
Amex StadiumAttendance: Attendance30,362.

Source: https://www.skysports.com/football/brighton-and-hove-albion-vs-wolverhampton-wanderers/report/446450

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

1. uncountable noun
Someone's attendance at an event or an institution is the fact that they are present at the event or go regularly to the institution.

2. variable noun
The attendance at an event is the number of people who are present at it.

My bolding.

Source: https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/attendance

Brighton and Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers. Premier League.
7:30pm, Wednesday 15th December 2021.
Amex StadiumAttendance: Attendance30,362.

Source: https://www.skysports.com/football/brighton-and-hove-albion-vs-wolverhampton-wanderers/report/446450

Don’t blame me just saying - no clubs hide this fact.

Also where did Paul Barber personally announce it was 30k ?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Well that's an error by the checker. The point of the check is to Make sure the covid pass is actually yours. As far as I could see last night they checked everyone at the time I was entering the upper west.

I just showed my NHS pass and nothing else was requested, which makes it a bit pointless really

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I used to pass mine on to a friend who has physical and mental health issues, struggles financially, but is a huge BHAFC fan; she just can't afford to go. She really enjoyed her trips to the AMEX and hugely appreciated the opportunity. It never crossed my mind to charge her anything for the ticket.

So yeah Barber, we're all ticket touts. That's what we are doing; selling on our tickets and making a fortune. The man is a fool if he thinks we were all touting. But he isn't a fool; he saw the passing over of unused STs as another money grabbing opportunity. But he won't be getting any more of mine so my seat stays empty.

For your situation, I refer you to post 59 of this thread. It's now even easier to pass on your ST.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
My second vote of the day as a "happy clappy"

Moan, moan moan, why can't things stay exactly the same all the time? Why does the bloody earth have to keep spinning around?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

Well I can tell you from entering west upper they had one twenty something on the gate that was completely out of his depth ( not his fault) as people just breezes passed just flashing there phone with nothing on it . Watched for ten mins as this continued to happen .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The club could say it was due to "the success" of the scheme this season they decided to roll it out to everyone next season. As far as the club is concerned it is a success as supposedly thousands stumped up the £20. What they haven't taken into account is the thousands that haven't!

I have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised at how easy the ST sharing scheme has been to use.

There again I have never sold my ticket when sharing, in previous seasons just handed my ST card over. This season, as I have not been going due to various reasons but mainly COVID, none of the people I have shared with have even blinked at the idea of having to become a member and pay a one off £20 fee. A darn sight cheaper than buying a ticket.

The actual procedure for doing the ticket transfer is so simple and much better than having to arrange to manually pass the card on and then get it back - literally takes less than a minute to do.

The only downside is the £25 fee to join the scheme.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

]

This must be the most repetitive topic on NSC. Its absolutely right of course and fair enough for correcting people - but surely there can't be anyone left on this planet now unaware of this or confused by this.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This must be the most repetitive topic on NSC. Its absolutely right of course and fair enough for correcting people - but surely there can't be anyone left on this planet now unaware of this or confused by this.

Probably because it consistently annoys fans.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Probably because it consistently annoys fans.

Why? Who really cares? It is known that every club does it - move on. There are plenty of reasons why it happens and it is stupid, but is what it is.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised at how easy the ST sharing scheme has been to use.

There again I have never sold my ticket when sharing, in previous seasons just handed my ST card over. This season, as I have not been going due to various reasons but mainly COVID, none of the people I have shared with have even blinked at the idea of having to become a member and pay a one off £20 fee. A darn sight cheaper than buying a ticket.

The actual procedure for doing the ticket transfer is so simple and much better than having to arrange to manually pass the card on and then get it back - literally takes less than a minute to do.

The only downside is the £25 fee to join the scheme.

Now I've discovered that you can just take a screenshot of your Apple Wallet ticket and pass it on for nowt, I'd imagine that many will avoid the £25 altogether and go back to the old way of sharing tickets i.e. "yeah, you can have my ticket for nothing, just buy me a pint."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here