Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Farce @PaulBarber

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Now I've discovered that you can just take a screenshot of your Apple Wallet ticket and pass it on for nowt, I'd imagine that many will avoid the £25 altogether and go back to the old way of sharing tickets i.e. "yeah, you can have my ticket for nothing, just buy me a pint."

I was told that wouldn't work by somebody on here

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Why? Who really cares? It is known that every club does it - move on. There are plenty of reasons why it happens and it is stupid, but is what it is.

Lots of things are stupid. It doesn't stop them being annoying.

I wonder how many people did go through the turnstiles last night?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lots of things are stupid. It doesn't stop them being annoying.

I wonder how many people did go through the turnstiles last night?

Why does it affect you?

The club know, the council know, the police / fire know.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Probably because it consistently annoys fans.

Its not really that. Its nearly always used anyway as a proxy to complain about something else - look at those empty seats ! clutches pearls ! . The club is conspiratorially covering it up because of their
sharing schemes, potter, TV schedules, the price of a pie, bottle tops, flasks, transport, the lack of a striker, its inability to generate atmosphere, Barber !!. or perhaps all of them...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Does the club know how many were in the ground last night? Barber announced that there were just over 30.3K. Anybody really think there were that many? Barber has a history of artificially inflating the attendance figures (for reasons that to my knowledge he has never explained). Therefore I'm not sure your statement can be entirely accurate. I thought that there was a requirement for the club to notify attendences to the Council for licencing/H&S reasons but that must have gone out of the window now.

Of course they know how many were there, they announce tickets sold but the turnstile records your entry to the ground. You can see the exact time you entered your last game on your phone ticket so this info will be on the club server.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I remember that post, so I just tried it. Seems to take a perfectly crisp picture of the QR code.

The QR code updates regularly. You'd need someone to send it when you are at the gate I'd say. Also not forgetting that every game 20% of fans will be 'blocked' and sent to verify identity + COVID status.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The QR code updates regularly. You'd need someone to send it when you are at the gate I'd say. Also not forgetting that every game 20% of fans will be 'blocked' and sent to verify identity + COVID status.

Judging by the comments it seems many don't know about this new requirement as unless you got an email you probably wouldn't. That's why they didn't check many at the turnstile as this new requirement replaces the full check

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm sure the club aren't being greedy but if I can't make a home game, my seat stays empty now. A real shame.

Same for me, always had takers but not anymore as most are not prepared to become members. Yet they would spend in the club shop and concourses. All lost revenue. Well done PB

Yup.

Previously helped bring 5/6 different people to the club who have since become STHs - 5/6 new revenue streams, including one who has been pretty bloody good at helping market the club...:whistle:

With the new rules, this will be impossible going forward. So ****ing dim and shortsighted from the club.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yup.

Previously helped bring 5/6 different people to the club who have since become STHs - 5/6 new revenue streams, including one who has been pretty bloody good at helping market the club...:whistle:

With the new rules, this will be impossible going forward. So ****ing dim and shortsighted from the club.

The rules aren't new. All that's been implemented is a way of legitimately passing on your ST without breaking the law.

If you're still happy with bending the law, there are ways and means of passing on your season tickets via unofficial methods as have been described earlier in this thread (the electronic version of passing your ST card to a mate).

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised at how easy the ST sharing scheme has been to use.

There again I have never sold my ticket when sharing, in previous seasons just handed my ST card over. This season, as I have not been going due to various reasons but mainly COVID, none of the people I have shared with have even blinked at the idea of having to become a member and pay a one off £20 fee. A darn sight cheaper than buying a ticket.

The actual procedure for doing the ticket transfer is so simple and much better than having to arrange to manually pass the card on and then get it back - literally takes less than a minute to do.

The only downside is the £25 fee to join the scheme.

And that is a downside for the three or four people who I passed my ticket to on the odd occasion when I could not make the game. Asked if anyone fancied the ticket for Boxing day (another gripe) and one said yes but not paying the £25 fee. Can't wait to see row after row of empty seats on the 26th.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
And that is a downside for the three or four people who I passed my ticket to on the odd occasion when I could not make the game. Asked if anyone fancied the ticket for Boxing day (another gripe) and one said yes but not paying the £25 fee. Can't wait to see row after row of empty seats on the 26th.

See above

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The rules aren't new.
If you're still happy with bending the law, there are ways and means of passing on your season tickets via unofficial methods as have been described earlier in this thread (the electronic version of passing your ST card to a mate).

You know what I meant...

I also find it hard to believe the club won't now look to close that particular loophole pretty sharpish, given the amount of people on here saying they're taking advantage of it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You know what I meant...

I also find it hard to believe the club won't now look to close that particular loophole pretty sharpish, given the amount of people on here saying they're taking advantage of it.

Maybe they will; maybe they won't. They've been turning a blind eye to ST card sharing for 9 seasons, so who knows.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
You’re right it isn’t. It takes literally 2 mins to log in and activate the share option on your account. You then get the email containing the e-ticket, which can then be sent directly to whomever you want (and doesn’t have fo be the named person if you don’t mind bending he rules). It’s considerably less of a ball ache than physically passing on your card and then making sure that you get it back before the next home game.

As you say, the empty seats were down to COVID fears and that if you catch it now, you’re spending Christmas in self isolation. Same at all grounds probably.

It hasn't been the same at all grounds over the last 2 nights; we were by far the emptiest stadium based on TV evidence. At most other clubs there is still a physical season ticket card which you can lend and this has bolstered the attendances when those who feel more vulnerable don't want to attend. Albion have gone far too "Big Brother" with this OTT Friends and Family scheme with the result that last night the ground was half empty and no vocal support was generated for the team. When the Wolves fans started singing "your support is f**king s**t" I had to agree with them...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here