Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Farce @PaulBarber

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
I’m sure they’ll throw away a few million in sponsorship / advertising deals just so some stattos can get an actual attendance rather than tickets sold

That’s fine, but the trade off for that is that people such as myself who dislike being lied to will continue to be annoyed with the club for openly lying to us.

And If I can’t trust the club to tell the truth on attendance, what else are they lying to us about? It’s an obvious lie that breeds mistrust. The word attendance is clearly defined in the Oxford English Dictionary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Let’s be honest. Most people are pissed off because they can no longer sell on their ticket to recoup some of the ST cost. I’m not criticizing. Football is ridiculously expensive and the money doesn’t go to proper Brighton fans like Tony. It goes to mercenaries…..or players as they are sometimes called.

I think as many people are pissed off because it’s a ballache to GIVE away a ticket.
I have had 4 opportunities this season to offer a friends 2 seats to other friends who were really keen to go but not keen enough to pay the £20 each. That’s 8 seats that could have happily been filled and would have generated worthwhile extra income.
Club have this all wrong

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I didn't know that. The attendee will nevertheless need to have and show if asked a valid covid passport or equivalent, though, won't they?

I I have a spare ticket (which I often do) buying a guest ticket is neither here nor there though, is it? You would only buy a guest ticket if you knew there is an empty seat next to you, too, or your guest would be just a lonesome cowboy, to paraphrase Phil Lynott, and nobody wants that.

Any idea how many guest tickets are bought for each game? If this is significant it may have an impact on when I next attend.

All the best [emoji106]
They would yes, so that is at least some comfort I guess.

Re the numbers of people doing it, no idea I'm afraid but I imagine it wouldn't be big numbers.

The club would be far better off having a free or v low cost STH sharing option IMO.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
The club have messed this one up,it was embarrassing seeing so many empty seats.
Simple solution bring back cards.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Last night was embarrassing with so many empty seats, boxing day will be worse.
Bring back cards.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Blimey, some of you Season Ticket Holders can be so effin TIRESOME sometimes. A season ticket is a bulk discount ticket - that's all it is. It isn't 'your seat' to do with what you like, you've just been given a discount on the single ticket price because you're buying 19 in one go. That's not a transferable discount - your mate has no right to that discount when other Brighton fans who don't have a season ticket are paying full price for their seat.

You don't need to have a season ticket, if you can't go to all the matches then just buy tickets game by game. Simple.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Blimey, some of you Season Ticket Holders can be so effin TIRESOME sometimes. A season ticket is a bulk discount ticket - that's all it is. It isn't 'your seat' to do with what you like, you've just been given a discount on the single ticket price because you're buying 19 in one go. That's not a transferable discount - your mate has no right to that discount when other Brighton fans who don't have a season ticket are paying full price for their seat.

You don't need to have a season ticket, if you can't go to all the matches then just buy tickets game by game. Simple.

This very valid point doesn’t seem to sink in with the perpetual moaners (usually after we’ve lost)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You have missed the main point, the cost, OK if you are passing ticket to same person for many games...

I don’t think I have. 5 different people have used my ticket this season. They were all already members apart from one. As others have said, I’m sure you could just put the same name each time and email it to whomever you want. :shrug:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
we have more ST holders than ever before , according to Barber, because of the extra seats. He confirmed that a month or so ago. And 1901 ST holders is also sold out for a further 5 years. He also says that we now have a waiting list again.
Was the waiting list ever as high as 8K. Not sure it was ever revealed by the club . I'd be interested in seeing an interview or a quote if so.
Yep. I'm sure there's plenty of ST holders - perhaps hundreds - who for obvious reasons are currently not attending.
PS: sorry to hear you can't make it at the moment. you didn't miss much last night mind.

My wife has no immune system so we don't go out much although I did watch it BTsport.... saw it on BTsport .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Over the years its only the odd game at the Amex I've not been able to get to, and on those occasions, I've always passed my ticket on to a mate or someone in the family (at no cost) so my seat is filled.

I'm certainly not going to be rinsed for £20 for that "right". And the recipient will not want the faff of joining Albion+ and paying £25/£15 on the offchance there might be a ticket in the offing at some point in the season. So thats basically a guaranteed empty seat when I don't go.

I have a mate who is a Watford STH. He sorts me a ticket in the home end near him at VR, I sort him a ticket near us in our block in the WSU for the return game. That didn't happen this year, because he'd have had to pay to become an Albion+ member - for 1 game.

If the club are determined to put up these obstacles and barriers for more 'casual' fans to attend games, then we are going to have to get used to seeing RAFTS of empty seats at the Amex. And the season ticket uptake in March will make for interesting reading. The drop will be blamed on Covid, but the draconian measures they've inflicted on passing tickets on will also play a BIG part in seeing 20-25k's (and even less on evenings / SASTA days) becoming the norm. Which is depressing.

Not everyone's life completely revolves around BHA, which I think they are going to find out.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I think as many people are pissed off because it’s a ballache to GIVE away a ticket.
I have had 4 opportunities this season to offer a friends 2 seats to other friends who were really keen to go but not keen enough to pay the £20 each. That’s 8 seats that could have happily been filled and would have generated worthwhile extra income.
Club have this all wrong

£20 seems a good deal to watch a Premier League match, certainly cheaper than anything you can get from the club.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It’s so annoying. And so unnecessary. And to my mind completely counterproductive. I’d love to take my nephews lad on spare season tickets I get offered. Albion mad. 11 years old. Fan for life. But also loves Harry Kane and so follows Spurs. Why put obstacles in the path of getting him to a match. The seat is likely to be empty otherwise. Why piss off your season ticket holders?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I

Over the years its only the odd game at the Amex I've not been able to get to, and on those occasions, I've always passed my ticket on to a mate or someone in the family (at no cost) so my seat is filled.

I'm certainly not going to be rinsed for £20 for that "right". And the recipient will not want the faff of joining Albion+ and paying £25/£15 on the offchance there might be a ticket in the offing at some point in the season. So thats basically a guaranteed empty seat when I don't go.

I have a mate who is a Watford STH. He sorts me a ticket in the home end near him at VR, I sort him a ticket near us in our block in the WSU for the return game. That didn't happen this year, because he'd have had to pay to become an Albion+ member - for 1 game.

If the club are determined to put up these obstacles and barriers for more 'casual' fans to attend games, then we are going to have to get used to seeing RAFTS of empty seats at the Amex. And the season ticket uptake in March will make for interesting reading. The drop will be blamed on Covid, but the draconian measures they've inflicted on passing tickets on will also play a BIG part in seeing 20-25k's (and even less on evenings / SASTA days) becoming the norm. Which is depressing.

Not everyone's life completely revolves around BHA, which I think they are going to find out.

If you very occasionally want to continue to pass on your season ticket unofficially just screen shot the QR code and send it via text to the lucky recipient. It has been confirmed that this works. It is the modern-day version of sharing your physical card.

Draconian is a slightly strong word to be using for a scheme that facilitates legitimate sharing of a ticket.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
My son will be down for the Brentford match. It will cost me £45 plus the hassle if my wife wants to pass him her ticket. Bit of a deterrent.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
My son will be down for the Brentford match. It will cost me £45 plus the hassle if my wife wants to pass him her ticket. Bit of a deterrent.

Can’t she just lend him her phone in the same way she used to lend her season ticket card?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
£20 seems a good deal to watch a Premier League match, certainly cheaper than anything you can get from the club.

It’s interesting th at we’ve all been so brain washed by price of football that no one really questions what it should be. The market is utterly broken. Like housing. Just because the average price for a shed in the SE is £350k, doesn’t mean £345k is a bargain. It means Sheds are overpriced by about £349.5k!! That’s football though, defies sense and normal financial models. Until a pandemic that shows no sign of going away comes along. We shall see, probably in the next 3-4 months as people reevaluate what’s important in the wake of collapsing industries like hospitality, soaring energy prices and (the big one) huge food inflation. On the inside, I can say that pricing being put forward at the moment is off the scale by comparison to anything in recent living memory. I’ve started stocking the larder not because of shortages but to offset what’s coming in the NY. You have not been charged for this public information broadcast :lolol::bigwave:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
It’s so annoying. And so unnecessary. And to my mind completely counterproductive. I’d love to take my nephews lad on spare season tickets I get offered. Albion mad. 11 years old. Fan for life. But also loves Harry Kane and so follows Spurs. Why put obstacles in the path of getting him to a match. The seat is likely to be empty otherwise. Why piss off your season ticket holders?

Haven’t you heard? It’s “the Brighton way”

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Us season ticket holders? You are obviously judging people of whom you are not one.

I miss maybe three home games season. For this reason, it is easier for me to buy a season ticket in a seat I like. It would not be “simple” to buy tickets for 16 separate games, especially when seats are sold out or in an area of the ground I do not want to be.

For the other games I would like to pass my ticket over to someone who wants it. It is highly unlikely this will be the same person each time, some may want to go and can’t either. So I would like to have the option of giving it to who I want, when I want - this may only happen on the morning of a game. It is is not going to happen if I have to pay to transfer it and someone has to pay to receive it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you very occasionally want to continue to pass on your season ticket unofficially just screen shot the QR code and send it via text to the lucky recipient. It has been confirmed that this works. It is the modern-day version of sharing your physical card.

Draconian is a slightly strong word to be using for a scheme that facilitates legitimate sharing of a ticket.

To be honest, I'm not comfortable with circumventing the rules. I could do that, but then what if the herbert I've sent the QR code to gets spot-checked with the name/photo ID. Ain't gonna match is it ? Then I'll get a pithy email from the club probably banning me for 6 games, blacklisting me as a chisler and a bounder.

I don't think draconian is too strong a word at all. They've always turned a blind eye to season tickets being shared, providing the ticket pricing policy wasn't being abused. Now its easier and more straightforward to walk into the Syrian embassy with a lumpy backpack than get into the Amex with someone elses ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here