Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Farce @PaulBarber

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
After the score the attendance was checked next in the Sunday papers, gave me pride as a 3rd division side if we pulled in a good crowd.

Ah yes. I always loved putting the attendances in order to see if we’d managed to make it into the top 20 plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I wonder if PB or anyone from the club has read this thread. Would love to know their thoughts. The club can't be too pleased with the numbers of empty seats this season, even when covid numbers were very low. A fair people I know who don't post on here are also really pissed off with this scheme - it's certainly not just an NSC moan up.
Disappoints me to think that the club don't really give a shit about actual numbers of bums on seats as long as they've got the cash. I hope that's not the case but this scheme suggests to me that that's the case

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I try my best. Its quite frustrating to see how poorly us non-sth Members have been treated over the last couple of years, and then log on here to see the privileged lot complain that they aren't even more privileged.

Didn't use to be this way of course. Season tickets used to be the preserve of a wealthy few up in the West Stand at the Goldstone. Vast majority of us would just turn up on a Saturday and hand a few quid over at the turnstiles. Away games were pay on the gate, big cup games were first come first served at the ticket office.

Oi - I bought a terrace season ticket in c1986, cost £72 if I recall - £3 a match. Can't remember what the full price was, but must have been confident of some sort of saving.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I put this earlier in the thread: Their cheapest adult ticket is £145 more than ours. You could indeed sign up and incorporate 5 people for the same price!

Judging by the number of people, both on here and previous threads, who have compared us with other clubs (with much higher season ticket prices) allowing this for free, I think that Paul Barber may consider that the best option would be to incorporate the extra income by stealth and just nudge up the season ticket prices by an extra £20 and then claim that they're scrapping the admin charge. It seems that that would cause fewer complaints than the current system where the cost is transparent and paid by the people that actually use the scheme.

Not sure we can be told to ‘know our place’ and be less entitled, and then on the other hand be told we should be paying the same as Liverpool fans. Those lucky b*****s even get to see their team score goals at home, and hit corners that get over the first man.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I wonder if PB or anyone from the club has read this thread. Would love to know their thoughts. The club can't be too pleased with the numbers of empty seats this season, even when covid numbers were very low. A fair people I know who don't post on here are also really pissed off with this scheme - it's certainly not just an NSC moan up.
Disappoints me to think that the club don't really give a shit about actual numbers of bums on seats as long as they've got the cash. I hope that's not the case but this scheme suggests to me that that's the case

I emailed him about it (might have to again now given the ‘rules’ over what happens with postponed games). I got a resolute defence of the scheme and how good it was and a triumphant line about how many were signed up for it and no real answers the the questions I asked :shrug:

The empty seats will be simply brushed off as ‘covid’. Test will be what gets done for next season I guess.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I emailed him about it (might have to again now given the ‘rules’ over what happens with postponed games). I got a resolute defence of the scheme and how good it was and a triumphant line about how many were signed up for it and no real answers the the questions I asked :shrug:

The empty seats will be simply brushed off as ‘covid’. Test will be what gets done for next season I guess.

Don't forget Barber is NEVER wrong.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Still wish they would offer concession prices in the WSL centre blocks. The price for two S/T's is very nearly prohibitive a) now I'm retired and b) one of us misses the odd match, two for Wolves, and I can't share a ticket in return for a pint and a pie. I do get the point that why should someone get my seat for free if the user isn't otherwise fan enough to pay £20 for MyAlbion Plus or whatever it's called and another £25 for the ticket.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well said - the club need to take their head out of their arse and realise they’ve dropped a massive bollock with this shambolic ST issue - I for one have missed nearly half home games this season and unable to pass my ST onto other mates - seriously considering jacking it in and buy individual match tickets

That’s my aspiration, family circumstances dependent.

I did it for a few Amex seasons, it suited me.

Would rather pay for say 8 attractive fixtures when we’re not shit (BAD FAN ALERT), than have the commitment of a 19 or 23 game STH hanging over me.

Perhaps it’s a very personal thing? The sterile Amex and Albion team bore me.

Contrast to 2011 and 2017 when it really was a case of “so excited”.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

Beginning to look like we will not see a properly full amex again for some time . As an aside did you notice that all ticket holders for the Man u away game will be getting a full refund ( wonder if the booking fee will be included ) and will have to get fresh tickets when the date is announced . Do you know if that is standard practice for away games as it seems at odds with the policy for the spurs home game or do you think they are thinking there may be a covid related reduced attendance limit in the offing ?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Next Board Meeting:

BARBER: “Item one - the STHs are revolting.”
BLOOM: “Well to be fair Paul, you’re not exactly Brad Pitt yourself.”

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Beginning to look like we will not see a properly full amex again for some time . As an aside did you notice that all ticket holders for the Man u away game will be getting a full refund ( wonder if the booking fee will be included ) and will have to get fresh tickets when the date is announced . Do you know if that is standard practice for away games as it seems at odds with the policy for the spurs home game or do you think they are thinking there may be a covid related reduced attendance limit in the offing ?

No idea….probably down to each club to decide. We’ve seemingly decided to maximise revenue/cashflow and keep the money, at least for now, plus make STHs pay for another seat if they can go to the rearranged game.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Next Board Meeting:

BARBER: “Item one - the STHs are revolting.”
BLOOM: “Well to be fair Paul, you’re not exactly Brad Pitt yourself.”

WINSTANLEY: “Item two - I’ve finally found a striker. Allow me to play a short video”

To much laughter and general festive jolly japes. Other than PW.

WINSTANLEY: “I’m being deadly serious, he comes highly recommended by Locadia’s agent, Bernie Madoff”.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So accepting that it is a possibility to get a random spot check to activate your ticket, this checking requirement would have resulted in a similar mismatch of names on the old ST cards. Same problem. The cross checking of COVID passes is not a draconian measure when the purpose of it is to try and protect the health of 25K supporters. .

I'm not saying the cross-checking of covid passes with a fans ID is a 'draconian measure' at all, where have I said that ? Its a completely separate issue, unless you are trying to get in on the snide via the method you suggested earlier by texting the season ticket QR code to someone. Of course the club are right to carry out checks to make sure that the people entering the stadium are vaxed, or can prove a negative LFT. That can easily be done with a photo ID to match the covid certificate.

What IS draconian is the season ticket being unbreakably bound to the STH, unless both parties have stumped up their combined £45 just to be allowed to pass it on.

I have to say, it seems as though a lot of people agree. If so, if I write an official letter of complaint and dislike for this scheme would those who agree be willing to give their signature?

If so, I will happily get this started, sent to those who agree to sign and then sent off?

I think it's absolutely right our voices are heard on the matter.

Please suggest otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here