Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Farce @PaulBarber

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
but thats the point isnt it- you DO want the club to allow you to do as YOU want . You say its not about "do as I want" and then in the very next sentence you say i want to....... What youwant its not allowed, it has never been allowed, and probably never will be. You do want the club to do what you want it to, there are probably several thousands of others who want the club to do something slightly different just for them. They cant have thousands of exceptions, the rules are there, very clear, very well publicised

Contrary to what is becoming a more prevalent view, the club doesnt "belong" to the fans any more than Sainsburys belongs to people who shop there . If I dont like how Sainsburys lays out its shop, or operates its tills, or the products it sells, then I dont expect them to change for me, I will go to ADSA, or Waitrose, or Aldi, similarly I dont expect the club to alter its T nad Cs because occasionally it doesnt suit ME

Not entirely correct - for example I used to be able to upgrade junior's ticket when he couldn't go, and take a non-member. I can't do that now............anyway, the point is (for me at least), the current rules have led to more empty seats, and the attitude displayed by some at the club will lead to even more (if the disillusion on here is a barometer). Just because something is 'clear and publicised' doesn't mean it's faultless or can't be improved. FWIW I don't claim ownership of the club now and never have (I'm a JCL so only ever been a 'customer').

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
And of course the third group who simply accept the reality of this temporary scheme and don’t make a big deal of the rights and wrongs of it as there aren’t any.

If it is temporary it would do no harm if club announced they appreciate comments from supporters and will be looking into scheme before renewal date.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The club should make STs transferable in the way that the scheme already does - but without the annual £20 fee to the STH and without the requirement for the recipient to be Albion+. However, to activate the ticket, the recipient has to pay the difference between the discounted ST price and a single matchday ticket in the relevant stand / section.

This feels like a fair compromise for all.

Very good suggestion. The price differential point is always ignored by those against the scheme. Loyalty points should also go to the person who actually attends the match rather than the name on the ST.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
If it is temporary it would do no harm if club announced they appreciate comments from supporters and will be looking into scheme before renewal date.

This feels like the important point. A lot of fans thought monetising the ST share was ill conceived pre season (and said so). Those that had conversations with customer services felt the official line intimated a one season approach (as you say, temporary) driven by Covid regulations around knowing identities of patrons. However, PBs latest impassioned, high profile and ultra defensive riposte is giving fans cause for concern that the scheme is here to stay as is. His reluctance to acknowledge it is contributing to fan non attendance and opening a rift in relations is (whilst in keeping with his style) quite frankly disturbing.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not entirely correct - for example I used to be able to upgrade junior's ticket when he couldn't go, and take a non-member. I can't do that now............anyway, the point is (for me at least), the current rules have led to more empty seats, and the attitude displayed by some at the club will lead to even more (if the disillusion on here is a barometer). Just because something is 'clear and publicised' doesn't mean it's faultless or can't be improved. FWIW I don't claim ownership of the club now and never have (I'm a JCL so only ever been a 'customer').

You sure about that? The instructions on the official site seem to indicate you still can:

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbi...tent/documents/html/seasonticketupgrades.html

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
You sure about that? The instructions on the official site seem to indicate you still can:

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbi...tent/documents/html/seasonticketupgrades.html

You can, I nearly did this but took junior in the end vs Wolves

Would have needed to pay an extra £23from U10 to adult, no membership or other fees were applicable.

So essentially you have 4 options if you can’t go

1) as above
2) if you can’t go regularly £1 a game for STL and the recipient joins Albion+
3) exchange
4) write off the ticket cost

Different circumstances for different people obviously.

I think the medium would be the STH pays £20 a session if they wish to transfer that season and the occasional fan needs to be registered but not an Albion plus member

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the basis of the system. Where it falls down is the is the cost to the STH.

As someone else posted, we all know that that you aren't supposed to just pass your ticket on to anyone and technology has now made that nigh on impossible. I don't see a problem in the 'casual' fan who would benefit from the ticket having to pay a fee. Every game is a sell out whether people go or not so there could be Albion + members who want tickets but can't get them because STH are lending them to their mates rather than putting them on the exchange.

As for the 'WeareBrighton' article, who wrote that? I didn't see any reference to that. Also, how dumb is it to refer to one thread and boast that 90% of the contributors are against the scheme when any common sense would show that that remains a very very small percentage of STH in the first place. Also, look at the 30 odd pages and it's the same old contributors keeping it going.

And let's not forget, any criticism of PB is a criticism of TB!!!

No, it isn't.

TB never criticises the fans or called us customers.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
OK, but the point here is that the club disagree and that’s that. Posts on here are getting more and more extreme eg sacking Barber and invoking the Gull’s Eye protests. There is absolutely no perspective and people just seem to want their own way. I’m wondering whether they behave like this in other areas of their life. ‘No, I don’t like the rules in my local pub, GP, supermarket, library etc and I MUST be listened to otherwise everyone has to be sacked.’
"Gulls Eye Protest " ?
I think you are overreacting somewhat there if you read my post correctly.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You can, I nearly did this but took junior in the end vs Wolves

Would have needed to pay an extra £23from U10 to adult, no membership or other fees were applicable.

So essentially you have 4 options if you can’t go

1) as above
2) if you can’t go regularly £1 a game for STL and the recipient joins Albion+
3) exchange
4) write off the ticket cost

Different circumstances for different people obviously.

I think the medium would be the STH pays £20 a session if they wish to transfer that season and the occasional fan needs to be registered but not an Albion plus member

You can’t share a ST with anyone who isn’t an Albion+ member……..

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
…how dumb is it to refer to one thread and boast that 90% of the contributors are against the scheme when any common sense would show that that remains a very very small percentage of STH in the first place. Also, look at the 30 odd pages and it's the same old contributors keeping it going.

:lolol:

Are you suggesting this thread doesn’t necessarily represent the views of all NSCs thousands of members?

0473657E-8401-45D0-8F0B-6B2381C148DE.png

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Contrary to what is becoming a more prevalent view, the club doesnt "belong" to the fans any more than Sainsburys belongs to people who shop there . If I dont like how Sainsburys lays out its shop, or operates its tills, or the products it sells, then I dont expect them to change for me, I will go to ADSA, or Waitrose, or Aldi, similarly I dont expect the club to alter its T nad Cs because occasionally it doesnt suit ME

I disagree entirely. Fans cannot just up sticks and go to Fulham or Charlton. Proper football fans stick with one club all their life and as a member of that community, the club is part of them and they are part of the club. Casual customers come second in my view.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I disagree entirely. Fans cannot just up sticks and go to Fulham or Charlton. Proper football fans stick with one club all their life and as a member of that community, the club is part of them and they are part of the club. Casual customers come second in my view.

Agreed entirely. Proper owners like TB recognise that they are custodians of the club rather than being owners in the truest sense. Football clubs are above all a community asset, and we have seen plenty of examples of what happens when owners underestimate that reality.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

But we aren't supporting the same club we grew up with.
We don't have that 'all in it together' relationship, with 'our' club anymore.

Nobody is drinking fizzy pop in order to buy a player.
We aren't buying god knows who with our 20 & 40 quid.
Local DJs aren't offered a parking space if they buy a striker.

Tony has taken the club from a hand to mouth (if we were lucky) corner shop and turned it into Wilko.
(As supermarket analogies are the theme of the day)
With a stated aim of becoming Aldi, in the near future.

For all the good AitC does, the bottom line is the club has positioned itself away from the fanbase in order to chase more coinage.

We either accept that and deal with the club accordingly.
We move onto pastures new.
Or
We just kvetch about the good old days.

None of which is mutually exclusive.

At best we currently support laundry.
And half the time we can't agree on that. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here