Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Farce @PaulBarber

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Transport costs are included in all our brighton season tickets and match day tickets otherwise they would be a lot cheaper

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Yes I'd like the opportunity to have my subsidy for transport removed from the price of my season ticket and the other I pay for.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Things have become more corporate based, no real surprise.

My paltry 600 nicker or whatever pays nobody's wages.

I am easily replaced.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Barber is protesting too much.

Really poor stuff from him - there’s been a lot of opposition to this and his response is to lash out. I’ve constantly heard on here what an amazing CEO he is and how lucky we are to have him. Well good CEO’s admit their mistakes and don’t come out with absolute rubbish as a defence.

How does he think this helps? He couldn’t have done more to increase antagonism with the club’s passionate fans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep agreed…..…it takes some breathtaking degree of arrogance to do this IMO. As @TBTA says why didn’t he simply say he’s going to listen to feedback and assess the options before next season.

If the system is scrapped or significantly altered, he is now going to look a bit daft for his dogmatic and aggressive stance. If the current ‘product’ was in high demand and the ‘customers’ were ‘satisfied’ he’d possibly get away with it, but publicly calling out people and basically slamming the fanbase as he’s done in that response at the moment is particularly crass. Seems to have totally lost any connection with the fanbase (if he ever really had one).

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Just feel the club should look to employ a Fans Liaisons Officer.
This role will certainly help interaction / communication / ideas between the fans and the club. A lot of PL clubs already employ people in this role. This role would certainly bring the club and fans closer together again…thus creating a better match day atmosphere.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Disappointing response but not a surprising one. Would be better off saying he'll look at the numbers and feedback at the end of the season and make a judgement call on it.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Not surprising as you say.

Barber always doubles down. Never wrong that one.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It strikes me that the new way of passing on season tickets to friends etc works fine if you habitually share a seat around but punishes those who very occasionally can’t go or, say, once a year would like to attend with a friend.

Which seems the wrong way round to me.

Nail on head here.

ST holder since day 1 at the Amex and very rarely missed a league match pre Covid, I passed my ST only to family or neighbours on the odd occasions I couldn’t attend.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Just feel the club should look to employ a Fans Liaisons Officer.
This role will certainly help interaction / communication / ideas between the fans and the club. A lot of PL clubs already employ people in this role. This role would certainly bring the club and fans closer together again…thus creating a better match day atmosphere.
Totally agree.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Most other PL clubs like Spurs or Arsenal or Chelsea or Brentford or Palace nearly all come via train and buses and public transport and pay for the privilege. Brighton fans don’t. It’s a benefit all ticket holders benefit from. Why don’t other clubs offer it then ?

Travel isn’t a benefit that all ticket holders benefit from.

Obviously ticket holders that use public transport benefit from it, but fans that walk, drive, cycle, get a lift or pay for Seagull Travel etc don’t benefit.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I’ll be amazed if the ST sharing farce is repeated next season. You can’t ditch it half way through though as some people will have paid the £20.

I paid for myself and my two sons who thought I`d be wasting my money. They were right !!

Not again, easier if you can`t go leave seat empty(ridiculous I know) or maybe give up on season ticket altogether!!!.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Nail on head here.

ST holder since day 1 at the Amex and very rarely missed a league match pre Covid, I passed my ST only to family or neighbours on the odd occasions I couldn’t attend.

We as family have three and often only two could go so seats always used by friend family or work colleague. Sadly no more.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It’s an extraordinarily large room, a vast auditorium, represented by many thousand empty seats at every 2021/22 Amex game, 10,000+ at Wolves.

So 10,000 STH didn’t attend the Wolves match because they couldn’t pass on their tickets. Come on.

Any one know by how many the Spurs crowd was down today? Lots of gaps. Tube strike?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Blimey that's a really lame response from Mr B, if he can't see what's obvious then sorry then he's either delusional or unwilling to accept the scheme is a mistake that he's ultimately signed off to.

The full stadium at Leeds and Liverpool means either there's no covid oop North or these two clubs don't have this sharing scheme in situ, I'd wager it's not the first option.

Sort it out Mr B, admitting a mistake and rectifying it is so much better than making lame excuses to cover the mistake.

Well they also both have a much larger fan base than ours, Liverpool tenfold, so that's not really a good comparison!

But other than that I agree with you. I'm becoming more bored of everything with the club at the moment, on and off the pitch. The club is very well run overall, I'm not denying that, but the corporate sterile nature of the club and PL is putting me off more and more. Non league is much more enjoyable for me at the moment

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So 10,000 STH didn’t attend the Wolves match because they couldn’t pass on their tickets. Come on.

Any one know by how many the Spurs crowd was down today? Lots of gaps. Tube strike?

When there were large gaps in August, I was very defensive of the club and argued against the people here who blamed the club. I put it down to the school holidays, people away.

But when the noticeable and widespread gaps eg in NS all around me and WSL/ESL continued into Sept and Oct, despite a winning team, I reluctantly realised that all the nsc’ers who highlighted the aggravation/admin/cost of passing on seats, had a great point.

In the last Covid-hit week, I’ve seen rammed EPL stadia up and down the country eg Newcastle, Leeds.

What does financial struggles have to do with fans having an ‘opt in’ scheme to pay to share a ticket ? If you can’t afford it, don’t do it.

Just a reminder the clubs lost £67M last year - and Tony Bloom has invested £350M(?)+.

If you don’t want to pay the £20, then don’t. The numbers will speak for themselves when the board review at the end of the season

A lot of fans just don't have the money to pass on their tickets, which is utter madness. It's yet another example of the working man being shafted.

I love and respect Tony Bloom and his money and input. He's a God, but that's not an excuse to charge the working class fans even more money to share their f**king ticket.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A lot of fans just don't have the money to pass on their tickets, which is utter madness. It's yet another example of the working man being shafted.

I love and respect Tony Bloom and his money and input. He's a God, but that's not an excuse to charge the working class fans even more money to share their f**king ticket.

Well don’t share your ticket. Your no worse off.

Unless your talking about fans selling their tickets to others, which was never allowed anyway.

Nonsense argument

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Things have become more corporate based, no real surprise.

My paltry 600 nicker or whatever pays nobody's wages.

I am easily replaced.

I’m confused now. Are we talking about what you pay for your ST or how much your posts earn NSC every hour?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Barber often goes on about discounted STs, I would like to ask him how many STs he thinks he would sell if they were not discounted for those committing to 19 games,
Also what he thinks attendance would be if travel subsidy was withdrawn and people had to queue up to pay for train and buses. Would certainly be fun having ticket checked at Brighton and Falmer stations

For those of us that travel by supporters coach the subsidy HAS been removed we get nothing on our travel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here