Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Farce @PaulBarber

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Barber often goes on about discounted STs, I would like to ask him how many STs he thinks he would sell if they were not discounted for those committing to 19 games,
Also what he thinks attendance would be if travel subsidy was withdrawn and people had to queue up to pay for train and buses. Would certainly be fun having ticket checked at Brighton and Falmer stations

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It strikes me that the new way of passing on season tickets to friends etc works fine if you habitually share a seat around but punishes those who very occasionally can’t go or, say, once a year would like to attend with a friend.

Which seems the wrong way round to me.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Clearly Barber hasnt 'read the room' on this. I rarely miss home games but I didnt go to Wolves and wont be spending my Boxing Day evening trying to get to the game and then get home with no public transport. Consequently my seat, and the two others of my brother and mate, will be empty because we wont be doing this seat transfer bollox.

Who would have had your tickets for wolves & Boxing Day?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Disappointing response but not a surprising one. Would be better off saying he'll look at the numbers and feedback at the end of the season and make a judgement call on it.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Barber often goes on about discounted STs, I would like to ask him how many STs he thinks he would sell if they were not discounted for those committing to 19 games,
Also what he thinks attendance would be if travel subsidy was withdrawn and people had to queue up to pay for train and buses. Would certainly be fun having ticket checked at Brighton and Falmer stations

Most other PL clubs like Spurs or Arsenal or Chelsea or Brentford or Palace nearly all come via train and buses and public transport and pay for the privilege. Brighton fans don’t. It’s a benefit all ticket holders benefit from. Why don’t other clubs offer it then ?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Barber is protesting too much.

Really poor stuff from him - there’s been a lot of opposition to this and his response is to lash out. I’ve constantly heard on here what an amazing CEO he is and how lucky we are to have him. Well good CEO’s admit their mistakes and don’t come out with absolute rubbish as a defence.

How does he think this helps? He couldn’t have done more to increase antagonism with the club’s passionate fans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Most other PL clubs like Spurs or Arsenal or Chelsea or Brentford or Palace nearly all come via train and buses and public transport and pay for the privilege. Brighton fans don’t. It’s a benefit all ticket holders benefit from. Why don’t other clubs offer it then ?
Transport costs are included in all our brighton season tickets and match day tickets otherwise they would be a lot cheaper

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Thats easy. Through no fault of club ground is in sticks and a pain to get to. Unless you have a parking space it has to be train/bus.Apart from Brentford have visited all those grounds and with no trouble have either been dropped off by friends I have visited in London or by taxi. No problem. This is near impossible at Amex unless you want to sit in traffic for a long time.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Most Londoners have Oyster cards and the buses and tubes are cheaper than our options.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Transport costs are included in all our brighton season tickets and match day tickets otherwise they would be a lot cheaper

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

The problem with that at the moment is that people understandably don’t want to use public transport.

And of course the club has made parking much harder this year because of the Bennett’s Field cock up. Going in your car may not be Barber’s preferred method of transport - but it’s the safest way at the moment….

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The problem with that at the moment is that people understandably don’t want to use public transport.

And of course the club has made parking much harder this year because of the Bennett’s Field cock up. Going in your car may not be Barber’s preferred method of transport - but it’s the safest way at the moment….

Cock up, or Bennett was incredibly greedy?

I cannot believe what I'm reading today.

Barber cannot stand there and say the scheme works, when quite clearly it doesn't!

We Are Brighton, who I always agree with, hit the nail on the head. He's just acting like a lying politician now and he needs to get a grip. He's hiding away from the fact that this has pissed off Alot of very loyal fans, including myself.

I can feel a BANNER coming. Highlighting financial struggles of the working fan and really hitting home that this scheme needs to STOP.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I

I can feel a BANNER coming. Highlighting financial struggles of the working fan and really hitting home that this scheme needs to STOP.

What does financial struggles have to do with fans having an ‘opt in’ scheme to pay to share a ticket ? If you can’t afford it, don’t do it.

Just a reminder the clubs lost £67M last year - and Tony Bloom has invested £350M(?)+.

If you don’t want to pay the £20, then don’t. The numbers will speak for themselves when the board review at the end of the season

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Disappointing response but not a surprising one. Would be better off saying he'll look at the numbers and feedback at the end of the season and make a judgement call on it.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

This should have been the sensible short answer from him but PB loves to talk and loves to justify himself in the "I'm right, anyone who disagrees is wrong" kind a way. He is doing a very good job in most parts but i don't like the way he talks to the fans sometimes. You don't always have to respond to criticism with justification, sometimes better to acknowledge it and say you'll look at it again when more of the season's data is in. And fan's perception will affect season ticket renewal more than who is right or wrong or such "facts".

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I cannot believe what I'm reading today.

Barber cannot stand there and say the scheme works, when quite clearly it doesn't!

We Are Brighton, who I always agree with, hit the nail on the head. He's just acting like a lying politician now and he needs to get a grip. He's hiding away from the fact that this has pissed off Alot of very loyal fans, including myself.

How about this;

Some things money can’t buy. Sharing a ST isn’t one. The Amex.’

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This should have been the sensible short answer from him but PB loves to talk and loves to justify himself in the "I'm right, anyone who disagrees is wrong" kind a way. He is doing a very good job in most parts but i don't like the way he talks to the fans sometimes. You don't always have to respond to criticism with justification, sometimes better to acknowledge it and say you'll look at it again when more of the season's data is in. And fan's perception will affect season ticket renewal more than who is right or wrong or such "facts".

Combative.
On the front foot.
Taking complainants on head on.
Lumping all concerns and carefully considered arguments as “clickbait nature”.

Does not come across as truly listening, conciliatory or reading the audience.

Clickbait would be commenting just for reader numbers and effect. That’s dismissive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here