Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket countdown.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That sounded shocking, so I checked. According to the website there are 14 home games on a Saturday

So just under 2 out of 3. Not bad, but not great.

[edit]

Acshully I make it 15, which is 2 out of 3.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
That sounded shocking, so I checked. According to the website there are 14 home games on a Saturday

up to the end of this year there are currently 6 Saturday home games out of a total 13 but the Birmingham game clashes with an Open Day at the Uni so will definitely switch and it's odds-on that the game on 15th December will switch as is usual close to Christmas. At best 5 of 13 and probably 4 of 13 are therefore Saturday games.

I haven't gone beyond the end of 2012 as games later in the season will quite possibly be subject to amendment nearer the time and yes, it is shocking.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
up to the end of this year there are currently 6 Saturday home games out of a total 13 but the Birmingham game clashes with an Open Day at the Uni so will definitely switch and it's odds-on that the game on 15th December will switch as is usual close to Christmas. At best 5 of 13 and probably 4 of 13 are therefore Saturday games.

I haven't gone beyond the end of 2012 as games later in the season will quite possibly be subject to amendment nearer the time and yes, it is shocking.

It's a real shame for the younger ones, definitely. Realistically it'll be 11:30 or even later by the time I get home so there is no way I can take the kids to evening matches, and as either I or the wife will have to stay at home to look after them we're down to (at best) 1 person out of 4 going. I'll do what I can to pass the tickets off to others, but I'm sure there will be plenty of empty seats there apart from ours...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As a comparison, the scum at the other end of the A23 have 18 out of 23 home games on a Saturday.

But then there's rarely any danger of Sky wanting to show their games.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
We really need to sort this out, we get a ground we are supposed to hang around in have a few social beers to save travel chaos and it is fantastic to have a drink up there on a saturday evening and now i think we have 4 or 5 home saturday games at 3pm :-( let alone how many kids are going to be allowed to go to the night games

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Yes, having bought season tickets for three youngsters this is really not good. Obviously there have to be some midweek games but this is a bit much.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Only one game in three is on a Saturday - the Family Stand will be empty and where does it leave the fans of the future? Not good :(
Not good, that's crazy!
Ah, that makes more sense.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
It is a shame the the younger ones will miss a lot of games before Christmas.. However I would hope that people will just get their tickets upgraded and take a mate.

I'll be taking my boy to the first game (it'll be summer holidays still) but after that he'll only be going on a Tuesday if it's half term. For the ones he can't go to I'll just be taking a mate instead.. Which leads to the question: how much do the club charge to have an under 10 ticket upgraded to adult for one game? Anyone know?

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Not much worse than usual to be honest. We only had 16 Saturday games last season at Withdean and we're now a much more attractive prospect for TV. I'm expecting to lose more games as the season goes on, hopefullywe'll have a decent cup run, plus I can't see Palace remaining at 3pm Saturday.

Yes, having bought season tickets for three youngsters this is really not good. Obviously there have to be some midweek games but this is a bit much.

A good point worth stressing back to the club...perhaps a non-Sky reason for moving could prefer Sunday or earlier/later on a Saturday to allow kids to still go.

Not as good for me I have to say, but I believe the children are our future...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Not sure any of that is relevant to be honest. We're pulling in 25,000 people on a Saturday afternoon. They're just noncing around with a few students, showing them some empty classrooms. Why haven't they been told to schedule this nonsense for the international breaks?

Not a Sussex graduate then.

In fairness without them there is no Amex

Mix it up with a few Sunday games rather than all midweek - it may be difficult transport wise but would still be preferable for families who could attend whereas midweek rules them out completely and it is such a high proportion of our games pre-new year at least.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
10 season tickets available in West Stand
17 available in South Stand

and that it seems is it!

At this rate they will all be gone tomorrow :albion:

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
only 24 left in whole stadium.