Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls in the North Stand

D

Deleted member 18477

i think the 2 big ones look great. i do agree that the smaller one looks a little strange from the angle. being different and original is only a good thing if the original idea actually looks good. i cannot imagine tony bloom after spending 95 million quid will have ANYTHING 'shit' in the stadium. So it's hard to judge till all the seagulls have been put in the seats. and if it then does look 'shit' i'd imagine they will be changed. cant see it being difficult to order a few more blue seats.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I didn't realise that there was a whole thread about 'em

Posted this on the webcam thread (and will be removing it from there)

My personal opinion is that they look tacky.

The smaller one looks like Woodstock in flight from Peanuts and the large one looks like one of the Star Wars fighter thingies. Or is it one from Galaxy Quest?

Our 'Ted Bates Statue' moment in my opinion.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
They do look a bit like they've been bolted in by the person responsible for the graphics of racehorses and palm trees etc on Teletext.

For that reason, I'm out.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Borrowed from the other thread

cimg0311g.jpg

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I can't believe some people on here sometimes.

Tony has provided us with a state of the art stadium out of his own pocket etc, etc, blah. blah.

If he chose to put in white seats amongst the blue in the shape of his cock, and Sir Dick Knight's alongside, that would be fine by me.

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
I absolutely ADORE them. I would like to have one all to myself, where I will drink champers on matchday.
I also want ALBION Champaign incidentally, or something with a seagull on the bottle.

Well how about a beautiful bottle of château du Poyet...no kidding! I found this very likeable tipple in a restaurant recently!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I can't say I'm really that bothered, I don't want to see them on match days and the rest of the time I'm not going to be there. The north stand ones do look slightly blockier than they should be though.

Sep 1, 2010
Does anyone know if those white seats have actually been fixed in properly yet or just resting where they are due to be fitted, because if they are not fitted in yet they will not look right until they are...just a thought

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I would prefer some attempt at mirroring the real lives of seagulls with a delicate montage of many birds swooping down on a fat child's dropped lunchtime cone of chips, the portly boy running for safety, but that will do. I like it. It's right that they're there, even if they look sometimes funny. What a strange place it would be if everything was cool. Unfootballlike.

I would prefer some attempt at mirroring the real lives of seagulls with a delicate montage of many birds swooping down on a fat child's dropped lunchtime cone of chips, the portly boy running for safety, but that will do. I like it. It's right that they're there, even if they look sometimes funny. What a strange place it would be if everything was cool. Unfootballlike.

:clap:

Amusing, exciting on the pallet and rounded with a succinct finish, like a decent bottle of Chateau Mouette.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here