Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls in the North Stand

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you look at the thread by samhale86 Falmer from the sky - part deux you get a better angle and they look good.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Each to their own I suppose. I think they look great. Can't wait for my one to be filled in.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It'd look better than a wonky seagull that looks like Harry Potters sorting hat!

No it wouldn't.

Seagull silhouettes flocking around the stadium is a GENIUS idea. Its something totally different, and as long as they don't overdo it with too many (which so far it seems they are not), then the final effect will be terrific.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
They are MAGNIFICENT.

So much classier than having SEAGULLS or ALBION spelt out in seats - that is just everywhere, and don't forget, this is a stadium for EVERYONE, not just Albion fans.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I like them too. In fact, I like everything about the Amex.

Well, apart maybe from that wonky roof at the ends. But even then I still like it one billion times more than Withdean.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I have to agree...one seems to have it's head chopped off! but as other posters have said, I'll reserve judgement until it's all finished and lets be honest, when we've got people sitting in the seats on match days no one will notice!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
do we get the new BADGE on our seats too? or a little white seagull? that'd be COOL!

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I'm with Easy, BOF and Severnside on this - I think they look great. Plus the webcam doesn't do them justice. It's like supporters on other boards I've seen saying that the terraces look too low/shallow. They've based that by looking at the webcam but the wide angle/fish eye (?) webcam gives that impression. Wait till JS does one of his inside specials and you'll get a better view.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
in general I LOVE this approach to seat design. simple. elegant.

HOWEVER, i do hope they've laid out three designs of differing size to test what works in the flesh. it would appear the smallest design is too small and ultimately appears very pixelated. the other two are large enough to work.

i hope i'm right.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I think they look brilliant from the sky, dont think the web cam is a very good view. Better than a standard BHAFC or Seagulls.

ProfSeagull

Apr 7, 2011
Uckfield
I dont care either way, it's not like we'll see them on matchdays as they'll be 20000 albion fans in the way. Plus I'm happy to trust the club on this, they seem to be doing alright with the rest of it. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here