Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scolari to make statement at 17.30 - SCOLARI WITHDRAWS FROM ENGLAND JOB RACE

D

Deleted member 2719

Brixtaan said:
Why? I thought we went through all this during the Ericsson reign.If we've got world class players then why should their chances be compromised by a less-than world class manager?

stick to computer volley's Mouldy.

I am very much behind if you have to have a English team that also includes the manager and coaches this i feel should apply to all international sides - otherwise it can be the richest nations with the best manager i don't see this as fair.

This will also give our managers International experience, if we have crap manager tough luck we cannot buy the players we want so why should we be able to buy the manager ? - just my opinion.

Stop demotivating me we have lots of goals to score next week!!

:D

Mouldy Boots said:
it can be the richest nations with the best manager i don't see this as fair.
In footballing terms, England is without doubt the richest country in the world.

But the money in the English game doesn't go anywhere near improving the quality of the international side. Most of it seems to get spent on flash houses by the likes of Rio Ferdinand.

D

Deleted member 2719

Lord Bracknell said:
In footballing terms, England is without doubt the richest country in the world.

But the money in the English game doesn't go anywhere near improving the quality of the international side. Most of it seems to get spent on flash houses by the likes of Rio Ferdinand.

Exactly it seems very unfair on other sides that we can have the very best - i would like to win the world cup knowing it has not been bought.

If Rio wants to splash his cash could he invest in the Albion , shhhhhhhhhhhh.

:lolol:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Mouldy Boots said:
Please tell me the Wenger idea?

Someone just mentioned his name on this thread when i was reading it earlier, for some reason ive just never even thought about him as a candidate for the job. Doubt he will leave arsenal with the new stadium opening but would be a good candidate.

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I'm warming to Mclaren now, he knows the squad and ....

Could do a job!

:clap:

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Mouldy Boots said:
- otherwise it can be the richest nations with the best manager i don't see this as fair.

you know what, that is the first sensible argument I have ever read/heard against having a foreign manager (which says a lot about the type of people who oppose it) and I have to say I agree

still think this story is yet another 'good' example of the scum that go under the name of journalists in this country though. Morris will be there soon.

D

Deleted member 2719

sir danny cullip said:
Someone just mentioned his name on this thread when i was reading it earlier, for some reason ive just never even thought about him as a candidate for the job. Doubt he will leave arsenal with the new stadium opening but would be a good candidate.

I have to still stick with my English manager for a english job, frenchman for a french job.

I hate this saying but "fair is fair".

Great manager though perhaps he may like to manager us at Falmer.

:lolol: :lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

Richard Whiteley said:
you know what, that is the first sensible argument I have ever read/heard against having a foreign manager (which says a lot about the type of people who oppose it) and I have to say I agree

still think this story is yet another 'good' example of the scum that go under the name of journalists in this country though. Morris will be there soon.

Why thank you Dicky!!

;)

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Mouldy Boots said:
Why thank you Dicky!!

;)

although I really don't give a shit if the manager is English or not. Perhaps every national manager should be paid nothing. Or like the poet lauereate, get, er, whatever they get for doing their job.

I agree it puts England at an unfair advantage being able to afford the 'best' manager out there though. If Steve McClaren gets the job he should do it for 8grand a year.

D

Deleted member 2719

Richard Whiteley said:
although I really don't give a shit if the manager is English or not. Perhaps every national manager should be paid nothing. Or like the poet lauereate, get, er, whatever they get for doing their job.

I agree it puts England at an unfair advantage being able to afford the 'best' manager out there though. If Steve McClaren gets the job he should do it for 8grand a year.

I do agree but 8 grand maybe a little unfair!!

:ohmy:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Wenger expressed an interest right around the time Sven was exchanging pleasantries and cups of tea with Kenyon...

Can't blame Dein, from his other job's point of view, from pushing just then for Eriksson's pay-hike-related renegotiations...

But still...

Sure, I dislike Dein, and the Whinger, 'cos that's what us Spurs supporters do, but if either one are to wield an influence on the English game and the FA, I'd much prefer it to be the short-sighted but excellently-coaching latter...

Never gonna happen though...

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Needs to be a foreigner, no englishman is qualified

Christian Gross anyone :lolol:

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Lord Bracknell said:
When Alf Ramsey retired he was given a lump sum of �5,000 and a �25 a week pension.

Must have been just a few extras - maybe a new track suit as the nylon kept giving him static shocks!!

:lolol:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
good. he isnt that great, i could have managed that brazil team and he lost to frickin greece, and nearly us(if rooney wasnt injured) in euros. he cant speak english, knows nothing about our style or players. thank god he wont take charge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here