Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scolari to make statement at 17.30 - SCOLARI WITHDRAWS FROM ENGLAND JOB RACE

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Lord Bracknell said:
Top man!

He's got English football well and truly sussed.

And he's wise enough to steer clear of Murdoch's plaything.

I quite agree - just the fact that he's pulled out suggests that the bloke knows what he's doing, and would have been a great appointment.

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
:clap: :clap: gd scolari

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Scolari will be the next England manager! He's not going to agree now when we could meet Portugal in the Quarter Final. He'd be mad to agree now.

He'll sign up after the World Cup.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Downloaded Penguin said:
Scolari will be the next England manager! He's not going to agree now when we could meet Portugal in the Quarter Final. He'd be mad to agree now.

I hope so 'cause he would be bloody great and could lead us to glory again

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Downloaded Penguin said:

Interesting point, could well be true but if the media has f***ed this up for England then i hope they hold an inquest on themselves and look very closely at their behaviour.He looked perfect to me.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Mouldy Boots said:
Great news - english manager please.

Why? I thought we went through all this during the Ericsson reign.If we've got world class players then why should their chances be compromised by a less-than world class manager?

stick to computer volley's Mouldy.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I've said it once before, I'll say it again. He maybe a smelly frog, but ARSENE WENGER is the best replacement. The English bosses dont have enough experience at Prem level or European level, Arse has it ALL and 10years of English Prem to boot. He knows our game inside out, if he were English he'd have been given the job months ago!

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
"I don't want anything more to do with this England matter because in the space of two days ... my life was invaded, my privacy was disrupted," said Scolari, who will remain Portugal coach until after the World Cup.

"There are 20 reporters outside my house now. If that is part of another culture, it is not part of my culture."

:clap2: the media over here are a disgrace, as are the F.A

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Marc said:
I've said it once before, I'll say it again. He maybe a smelly frog, but ARSENE WENGER is the best replacement. The English bosses dont have enough experience at Prem level or European level, Arse has it ALL and 10years of English Prem to boot. He knows our game inside out, if he were English he'd have been given the job months ago!

David Dein pulls the strings at the FA - he'd (obviously) never allow Wenger to quit Arsenal for England.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What staggers me was the statistic in the paper of England managers records - Hoddle has the hightest percentage of wins since Ramsay!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Marc said:

Big Big flaw......he needs French and Spanish players, and let's be honest why would he give up a great job, moving to a new stadium to manage England? In the land of the poisoned chalice the England job sits unchallenged on the throne.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here