Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scolari SACKED

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
That would be a good move, Not just for Chelsea he was a big loss to the premier league as well.

I often hear that. In what way. At first he was something different - but when it didn't go all his own way he became all morose and like a stroppy teenager. I quite like the bloke - but I don't see that he is missed.

Apart from by journalists.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I'm glad, i've got a 5a on chelsea not finishing in the top 4.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I would love it if Zola stayed at West Ham. As he says himself, West Ham is a long term project.

You keep on believing that

"At the moment we know nothing about the link between Gianfranco Zola and the vacant position at Chelsea," Marrucco said in a statement.

"Gianfranco is very happy at West Ham and still thanks them for giving him the opportunity to be a coach in the Premier League.

"It is very difficult to say if anything will happen but Chelsea is a special place for Gianfranco Zola."

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"There's loads of speculation that if we don't win then Jose gets fired, but that's not the way we think. It's about winning in style and building that dynasty, and that's what Roman wants to be part of - Chelsea becoming part of Europe's dynasty."
P Kenyon, 18/09/07

"We've got a very strong squad and absolute confidence in the team and the coaching staff. I'm sure under Avram's management we'll continue to progress. We appointed Avram in September on a four-year contract, it was never pre-conditional on this season. The time to try to judge some of these managers is at the end of the season, especially the managers of the big four because if you're not winning trophies it goes hand in hand that you're going to be put under pressure. But I think its unfair to be jumping on a manager's case at this stage of the season. You've got to try to gauge and see how they go till the end of the season."
P. Kenyon, 14/08/08

"It's enjoyable, the mood within the club is very positive. The manager has had a huge impact on the team and externally. People see him for what he is, a world-class coach and a really nice person. There are no crises. If there are issues, they get dealt with. Our football should be speaking for Chelsea. Felipe has dealt with the biggest competitions and the biggest players so he understands football. If you talk to him he'll tell you he's got a lot to prove. But the fact is he has been around and that wealth of experience is really coming through."
P. Kenyon, 25/10/08

“We have taken sound financial decisions recently regarding trimming costs. We are not generally in the market for players at present as the best players are not usually available mid-season and it takes new players time to adapt. He (Scolari) has said consistently that he doesn't want random replacements if we can't get the players he identified. We have a long-term plan with him and will build on what we have achieved so far".
P Kenyon, 20/01/09

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Get rid of Wilkins, and bring back Zola and Clarke :clap2:

I'm not convinced Zola is ready to step up to a high profile club yet, But if thats the path that Chelsea want to take then they need to give them time and cut out all this chopping and changing managers every 5 minute's.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I'm not convinced Zola is ready to step up to a high profile club yet, But if thats the path that Chelsea want to take then they need to give them time and cut out all this chopping and changing managers every 5 minute's.

Yeah I see what you mean, and I would say the same 3 months ago, but now I think he is doing a really good job and could step up to it.

Now Di Matteo is certainly not ready, nor is Dennis Wise in my opinion.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Brilliant, he was on £8 million a year and had a 5 year deal...

My Chelsea supporting friends seem to think he only had a two year deal.

They actually quite miss the 'gold old days' when they had 15,000, were in the second division and wern't surrounded by Japanese tourists at home games.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

They actually quite miss the 'gold old days' when they had 15,000, were in the second division and wern't surrounded by Japanese tourists at home games.

I expect the real fans do, but now the ones that can afford £50-odd a game are surrounded by plastic City boys who became lifelong fans five yeras ago at every game.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
OMG, the lolcano has just ERUPTED

lolcano.gif

:thumbsup:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

That's the view from my mates as well, I know 3 people who've had a season ticket for well over 10 years and as much as they enjoyed the success, they are a bit embarassed by the new 'support'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here