Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scary times ahead...

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
On a lighter note...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Israel would and could deal with Iran in a metaphorical minute, their air power could destroy Iran's military infrastructure without committing troops on the ground.

I'd argue that one. Air power is a big plus but nothing in history that I can see that suggests any conflict won solely using aircraft. Plus there's the possible use of nuclear (Iran probably have it in some form, Israel daft enough to use theirs). Even without nuclear an Israel/Iran bust up would likely be the tipping point for the entire region

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Ecuador threatening hostile action against the UK if we storm their embassy...

The Syrian conflict spilling over to Lebanon and Turkey...

Israel and Iran sabre rattling...

Russia declaring that if the west interfere in Syria then they will come to their Allies aid...

China threatening it's neighbouring countries over what it considers to be their borders in the South China Sea...

Is this as close as we've been since the 80's to WW3?

Its only post Olympic blues. Were they happy with their medal count?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I'd argue that one. Air power is a big plus but nothing in history that I can see that suggests any conflict won solely using aircraft. Plus there's the possible use of nuclear (Iran probably have it in some form, Israel daft enough to use theirs). Even without nuclear an Israel/Iran bust up would likely be the tipping point for the entire region

It will certainly not produce a result.... my point is that Israel would render Iran incapable of any military action in the traditional sense, rogue terrorist style action is always possible....... don't forget, Israel took on 6 of its neighbours at once and won hands down in the 60's.... and they are far more advanced now then they have ever been..... if it came to unlimited action , Israel has it sorted.

Don't forget, there are countries in between the two of them..... it would never be fought on land, unless Syria hosted Iranian armies, logistical suicide.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Assange needs to go back to Sweden and face is accusers, he is doing all he can to avoid that, including breaking bail conditions that may bankrupt several of his friends.

But doesn't strike you as suspicious that so many countries have spent,and continue to spend, a vast amount of resources on getting an alleged rapist ? There's more to this and without wishing to sound like [MENTION=2850]brunswick[/MENTION] our government, the EU, the Swedes and the US are all complicit in something that potentially stinks.

D

Deleted member 22389

What the f**k we are doing supporting the terrorist opposition of Syria by giving them £5m is beyond belief. It's almost as the West wants the Middle East to become an Al-Quaeda lead super-state.

Exactly. Why do we get involved with things that are none of our business. I wonder what 5m could do in this country. Pisses me off when we send hundreds of millions pounds to other countries in aid and help. What do we really get back in return for it?

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
But doesn't strike you as suspicious that so many countries have spent,and continue to spend, a vast amount of resources on getting an alleged rapist ? There's more to this and without wishing to sound like [MENTION=2850]brunswick[/MENTION] our government, the EU, the Swedes and the US are all complicit in something that potentially stinks.

The first sensible comment on this forum for 12 months, well done that man

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Russia declaring that if the west interfere in Syria then they will come to their Allies aid...

China threatening it's neighbouring countries over what it considers to be their borders in the South China Sea...

Is that the 'And finally...' stuff they tag on the back end of the news after the headlines about dancing horses winning medals?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Is this as close as we've been since the 80's to WW3?

Ecuador? HaHa!

Syria - not our problem, unless they attack Turkey because of NATO.

Go Israel! Sooner rather than later they need to take-out the Iranian nuclear threat. Those barmy buggers cannot be allowed nuclear weapons.

I understand their point, but Putin is unlikely to be that stupid. West should not get involved except with humanitarian aid.

China - I see them as a real problem. They and North Korea are a major threat to world peace.

No, nowhere near WW3.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

That and untold counts of espionage and treason. They guy should have simply been quietly killed. He has caused untold damage to western interests.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'd imagine that we'd just Assange moulder away in the embassy for as long as it takes: we're not that popular in Latin America as it is and there's no reason to make it worse, even if the Americans might be urging us on. The legislation that would allow us to go in results from another embassy incident in the 80s, a very different situation. In the middle east we should support the rebels as much as we can without unduly antagonising Russia. Russia sells Assad arms but has no particular love of the regime - its concern about western intervention is more to do with the precedents it might set on its own southern borders - even so, it's always best to avoid poking a Bear with a stick, in public. The longer the overthrow of Assad takes the greater the opportunities for al-Quaeda and the most crucial time will be after the event - the international community darn well better have a plan to deal with any power vacuum because the mischief-makers, supported by Iran and the bomb-throwers, will be queueing up. And let's just hope Romney and Ryan fade away before November.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
That and untold counts of espionage and treason. They guy should have simply been quietly killed. He has caused untold damage to western interests.

Because the corruption of Western governments should of course be covered up at any cost ?

EDIT - I'm not aware the Australian government even have an arrest warrant out for him let alone consider he's committed treason. He can't have committed treason against anyone else.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

this very big
the man spilled the beans and the yanks don't like it

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
this very big
the man spilled the beans and the yanks don't like it

Indeed - I never seen so many countries so desperate to catch an alleged rapist. Normally in this country the police barely have the time of day to investigate rape as it's so complicated yet with thread bare evidence they're happy to pursue this man even if it means a diplomatic row.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
strange you know I don't ever remember our government threatening the Lybian or Chinese embassies when they were playing up

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Because the corruption of Western governments should of course be covered up at any cost ?

Corruption? Or simply some unsavory acts that need doing to achieve our goals? The piles of information he published served no useful purpose, and was illegal. Some people do not like to accept that this world is a very dangerous place, and some people have to do things to protect us.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Indeed - I never seen so many countries so desperate to catch an alleged rapist. Normally in this country the police barely have the time of day to investigate rape as it's so complicated yet with thread bare evidence they're happy to pursue this man even if it means a diplomatic row.

he must be a very dangerous man how many police standing around outside the Embassy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here