Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scariest moment at a football match

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Safeway said:
Reading this thread has led me to one conclusion.

Brighton fans are a bunch of f***ing PUSSIES. :jester:

uur a roight aarrd nut me ole mucker

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
dave the gaffer said:
whitelion

I remember that chesterfield game. Went on the pitch at the end and Brighton fans ran straight for the Chesterfield end, they were jumping over the wall at the back to get away from the Brighton fans....very funny that was.

Watford away in 1975 I think it was a Tuesday night...Brighton fans all over the town.

Anyone remember the almighty rumble after the Southampton game on the Hove Park corner. Some Brighton fans legged it into the gardens near Hove Park and when the fighting had died down, charged straight back into the Saints fans. Police horses there ,the lot.

I still think the bad times were when the London clubs used to bring their firms down on the Friday nights before a game and West Street was like a battleground...never took the Bosun though...God that was a hard place!!!

Probably had a drink with you in the bosun. Sawdust, blood the lot. Did you ever get in the Seven Stars?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not forgetting the Bradford Park Avenue hooligan army.

He was 6 foot five tall, wide as a Yorkshire barn door, very drunk and very angry.

Last edited:

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
not scary but more threatening....

we took the wrong street at cardiff and walked right into the street full of bristol city fans. I was the only one of 6 of us with a brighton shirt on, but the others had scarfs and flags. there must have been 10,000 fans all screaming at us. ha we had the last laugh......

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
pasty said:
Pompey away sometime in the late 70's (bit of a haze now). Hardly any Brighton in the ground because we'd got there early. Pompey all singing the usual faggots stuff and "where are yer where are yer", at which point a couple of train loads of Brighton turned up at the ground. Pompey surged from the Fratton end, but there used to be a trench in the middle of it. They'll never get over that I thought.........okay, they'll never get over the fences I thought.........okay, they'll never make it onto the pitch I thought...........f*** this I thought.......I'm off.....................as a few hundred pompey came charging over the pitch towards us.

I was on the Seagull Special that day, so was one of those arriving en masse shortly before kick off.

We got jumped one at a time as we came through the turnstiles, and I didn't meet up with my mates again until after the end of the game. I had no idea who everyone around me was during the game as there was just an eerie silence.

I was the only one out of our group to still have my scarf at the end of the day, too!

Several other awayday trips - Birmingham and Spurs particularly - were scary, even though I avoided all the trouble. I also managed to get on a tube train with all the Palace knuckle draggers after the Challis game at Stamford Bridge. Getting out at Victoria with all around me shouting "Brighton where are ya" was a moment I would very much like not to have to repeat.

Home games in the 70s were often "interesting", but again I seem to have managed to avoid getting mixed up in anything, though I was followed most of the way back to the car by a group of Leeds fans trying to provoke me on one occasion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here