Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scariest game you've been to.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
any game with Millwall involved and I'v been to a few

Jan 30, 2008
this is a thread for light weights been in the north bank highbury, norwich home end ,goldstone away pen for villa and coventry ,had a nice chat and a good social

Last edited:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
this is a thread for light weights

Wrong dickhead

I still cannot believe that you stated on here before Xmas that you were in your 40s, when everyone, me included thought you were 18 such was the immaturity and general retardiness (is there such a word?) of your posts

f***ing mong, get back to your council house and slapping your ugly wife and thick kids :wave:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
this is a thread for light weights been in the north bank highbury, norwich home end ,goldstone away pen for villa and coventry ,had a nice chat and a good social

Well whoop di doop for you...I was only a kid when I went to Highbury and don't mind admitting that the experience frightened the shit out of me and very nearly put me off football for life, I don't think it is too much to ask to be able to go to a football match not in fear of losing your life or ending up in hospital.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
a few years back i went to see chelsea play besiktas in gelschenkirchen, it was a nightmare from start to finish, almost got killed getting in to the ground and then spent the entire game getting pelted with coins and bottles, god knows how we got away from the place alive.

also got cs sprayed at the millenium watching bristol city play carlsie in the micky mouse cup.

as for albion, i remember the crawley game at the goldstone early '90s was a bit tight in the northstand....

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
as for albion, i remember the crawley game at the goldstone early '90s was a bit tight in the northstand....

I remember that very well, they announced the crowd as something like 18k...which was complete and utter bollocks, it was probably nearer 25k...oh the days when the gates were fiddled to avoid paying tax...allegedly!

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I remember that very well, they announced the crowd as something like 18k...which was complete and utter bollocks, it was probably nearer 25k...oh the days when the gates were fiddled to avoid paying tax...allegedly!

yeah, i was only a nipper, scary stuff

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden

"Guess the gate" was an extreme scource of amusement in the Goldstone....you could tell a 9-10k crowd but it would always come up as 7k :laugh:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace

i believe 18K was the safety certificate figure at the time

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Ipswich away, last game of the season circa 1993 ?. Albion got relegated that day afterr losing 3-1...Raphael Meade scored for Brighton i believe.

But there were 3,000 + BHA supporters crammed in the corner and for once, i really did fear for my safety as no one could move....people were pissing up your back because you couldn't get out for a slash...a most unpleasant day.

One of the Pompey away games was a bit of a crush too but i can't recall that too much !!!!

Reading away...lost 0-3 (Elm park), one of the last games of the season was a bit lively with 43 BHA getting arrested. All you could hear walking back to Reading nick whilst i waited for my mate was windows being smashed. Bloody good atmosphere outside Reading nick that evening though whilst we all waited for our mates.
Having lived the next road down from elm park at that time i remember that game well and it was 2-0 and jimmy quinn scored in the last minute i,e pitch invasion.I also remember a mate got decked by a brighton fan:laugh:

On topic again can't recall any scary matches:rolleyes:

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
"Guess the gate" was an extreme scource of amusement in the Goldstone....you could tell a 9-10k crowd but it would always come up as 7k :laugh:

I remember a game one Christmas against Barnet...possibly just after Brady had taken over and there was an air of optimism around the place...the crowd was announced as just over 10k, to a round of oohs and aahs as our seasons average must have been about 6k...again I reckon it was somewhat more.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
any game with Millwall involved and I'v been to a few

That game at the Goldstone v Millwall in 1978 was a bit tasty too...i believe it was the "surgical mask" game.

It was one of the first games of the season....BHA had just been promoted from the old third division.

For some reason, the Millwall supporters were in the SW terrace next to the tunnel. Millwall went 2-0 up but BHA came back after the break and won the game 3-2....and Millwall went loopy.

Still got the programme at work.

Jan 30, 2008
Wrong dickhead

I still cannot believe that you stated on here before Xmas that you were in your 40s, when everyone, me included thought you were 18 such was the immaturity and general retardiness (is there such a word?) of your posts

f***ing mong, get back to your council house and slapping your ugly wife and thick kids :wave:
i would love to meet you face to face ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here