Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturdays FA Cup.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The FA Cup Final used to be a real event when I was younger, we'd get loads of food in, friends round and make a bit of a party out of it. I'm not even sure i'm going to watch it this year

Likewise. Haven't watched one for several years now to be honest.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I used to love FA Cup final day, but I don't think I will watch it and I do hope Chelsea smash 12 past Portsmouth. Not that I like Chelsea in the slightest, but Portsmouth should not even be there.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I do, except it's strange.

I want Chels to win, having always been fond of them since the 70's.

However, I've got £20 on Por*s*ou*h to win the cup at 18/1 . :facepalm:

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Still is a big event unless you are a simple, brainwashed, premier league is everything, sky tv watching, plastic football fan mug

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The "THEY HAVEN'T GOT A PENNY" bullshit will be unbearable if by some miracle Pompey do win it. Come on Chelsea

And for that reason: I'm in.

I am utterly fed up with hearing Avram Grant tell us for the millionth time how unfair everything is and how hard done by Pompey are. The self pitying tossers shouldn't even be in the competition given that they got there using players that aren't rightfully theirs. The same players who will be paid BONUSES for getting to Wembley while hundreds of creditors have to settle for a pathetic 20p in the pound.

Cheats never prosper? Clearly that is not the case. I hope Chelsea BATTER them.

Perhaps a game of Bullshit Bingo will be in order for viewers? Key phrases to look out for from the commentary team:

-"brave Pompey"
-"long suffering fans" :rolleyes:
-"miracle worker Avram Grant"
-"against all the odds"
-"best fans in football"
-"John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood"
-"the neutrals' choice"
-"plucky underdogs"
-"they may be down but they're not out"
-"David against Goliath" :sick:
-"amazing support"

:tosser:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I had completely forgotten about it until being reminded yesterday evening. Won't be watching. It makes me sick that Pompey are even in the final and the only players on the Cheslea side I don't hate with all my heart are Lampard and Kalou.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I have watched all the recent cup finals but my interest is most definitely waning. I won't make an effort to watch this one but if I'm in I will put it on.

Gone are the days of the build up on telly starting early in the morning :down:

I still have nightmares about the Man Utd Chelsea final a few years back though

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:yawn:

We get one of these threads every year of how proud we are that we don't care about the F.A Cuo but you must care to bother starting a thread or posting on it.

The F.A Cup is a national institution of which we should be rightly proud and is the envy of the world. It will be shown in over 120 countries on Saturday with a global audience of over 100 million, so there are obviously a lot of people, myself included, who do give a f***.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I had completely forgotten about it until being reminded yesterday evening. Won't be watching. It makes me sick that Pompey are even in the final and the only players on the Cheslea side I don't hate with all my heart are Lampard and Kalou.

Harsh.

Joe Cole?
Michael Essien?
Alex?
Ivanovic?
Malouda?
Cech?

All decent players, who have [thus far!] never done anything worthy of my hatred.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here