Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturdays FA Cup.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Well I won't pretend to be an expert on these matters, but thats my reading of it.
A £48m bounty over 4 years changes the landscape completely for a relegated club. HMR&C cannot block the CVA as they have less than 25% of the total debt, so the CVA will go through and all the non-football creditors will get stiffed.

Pompey then come out the other side, attract a buyer, re-form as another company and carry on their merry way with lots of TV money, FA Cup Final money and parachute payments coming in.

Lovely.

:angry::angry::angry:

I HATE THEM

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It's on the big screen at my local 10.30pm start and they are laying on 'skimpys' so won't be watching much football.:wink:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Is it 'skimpys' as in the Flying Scotsman at King's Cross? I wish they'd sort their drains out though.

Btw, it's me who's got Chelsea in the NSC sweepstake!:clap2:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Is it 'skimpys' as in the Flying Scotsman at King's Cross? I wish they'd sort their drains out though.

Btw, it's me who's got Chelsea in the NSC sweepstake!:clap2:

No it's 'skimpys' as in topless barmaids who for a further consideration usually take the rest off by the end of the evening.:eek:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
No it's 'skimpys' as in topless barmaids who for a further consideration usually take the rest off by the end of the evening.:eek:

You don't tell your missus where you're going then? :lolol:

Has there been much press coverage of Neil Robertson since he became world snooker champion? Seems like a really nice guy. Hope the sport becomes popular in Australia now.:thumbsup:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
You don't tell your missus where you're going then? :lolol:

Has there been much press coverage of Neil Robertson since he became world snooker champion? Seems like a really nice guy. Hope the sport becomes popular in Australia now.:thumbsup:

The trick is to tell the truth but not all of it ie.

Me,"The cup final is being shown down the club on Satuday night, wanna come?"
Mrs,"What do you think?"
Me,"Sure I can't convince you?, it finishes at about 1am and all the blokes are going to be there singing and chanting and that."
Mrs," Definitely not."
Me,"Suit yourself."
:thumbsup:

They never mentioned snooker guy till he won and now we know his inside leg measurement, coming second means nothing here I'm afraid.:shrug:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I won't be watching, I have some paint drying, I hope Portsmouth get slaughtered though.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
What crap? They have been playing in the top flight and had a cup run all the way to the final, courtesy of you, me, a whole host of creditors and the rest of this board.

I'm sure the last decade has been agonising for them. Top flight football, an FA Cup win, another final to go and having AC Milan strutting their stuff at Fratton Park.

God you must be bitter, take a chill pill.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Both teams are from Murdoch's league, both have tried to buy success with money that has got a nasty smell that accompanies it. So it's not on my radar and I'm not bothered which load of highly over paid businesses win it.
One thing that does concern me and will affect us sometime in the future, Portsmouth only have an allocation of 29000 seats out of 90000, this anomaly seems to happen every year regardless of whose playing. A third of the available seats go to people involved in neither of the clubs playing. :shrug:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
A third of the available seats go to people involved in neither of the clubs playing.

It is the Football Association showpiece. Tickets go to the people who make the pyramid structure work in this country - like people who run County Leagues. I think it is absolutely fair enough. And we will see next season whether 29,000 is enough for Portsmouth.

D

Deleted User X18H

It is the Football Association showpiece. Tickets go to the people who make the pyramid structure work in this country - like people who run County Leagues. I think it is absolutely fair enough. And we will see next season whether 29,000 is enough for Portsmouth.

Yep rightly or wrongly that's how my mate got us tickets. Rude not to go in this case.

Talking of case my 2nd FA Cup final third including replay.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

I know where they are supposed to go. What this says, is that the FA Cup, a huge day out in most fans dream fixture list for their club, is really a reward match for FA members.
I look forward to the binfest when the Gusbus arrives at Wembley Way. :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here