Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday - Drinking down here or up there?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
what are you talking about ? I read that and see this "ooh look at me, im hard, i can go to pubs on my own if i need too" .Bellend

If you dont like an atmospheric pub ie Albion fans having a pint and having a chant then fine. But dont mock people for wanting to find the best place for that to happen. I dont want to go to London bridge with my pals to find everyman and his dog have stayed in Brighton to have a beer before heading straight to the game.

Exactly. Where are you drinking, Dalos?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You try it first and pretend you're me and let me know what the reaction is.
I am sooo tempted. Wouldn't take me long to destroy your name. My only concern is someone taking a picture of the Commander and posting it here :)

Yep, agreed. I think it's a Brighton thing, people think they're far too cool. I don't think other clubs have this issue.
I think it's mostly due to the fact that we were without a home for 14 years, so songs haven't (forgive me for what I'm about to say) grown organically :)sick:), and now we're in a stadium and 'you're going home in a Sussex ambulance' doesn't feel right.

Anywhere near Brighton Station, then up on train with a few tins! Couldn't be simpler.
Oo, can I come?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
what are you talking about ? I read that and see this "ooh look at me, im hard, i can go to pubs on my own if i need too" .Bellend

I go into pubs on my own quite frequently. I must be well 'ard!

If you dont like an atmospheric pub ie Albion fans having a pint and having a chant then fine.

Can't think of anything worse to tell you the truth. People singing in pubs is VERY cringe worthy.

But dont mock people for wanting to find the best place for that to happen. I dont want to go to London bridge with my pals to find everyman and his dog have stayed in Brighton to have a beer before heading straight to the game.

Are your "pals" that bad company?

Going to a home game by yourself is a little bit different to going to Burnley or somewhere, isn't it? I don't see the problem with asking where people are going to be drinking, rather than wandering around some shitty northern town trying to find a pub with other Albion in.

Just don't get the fascination of drinking with other people just because they follow the same team as you. I'd rather drink in a pub for it's beer than it's clientèle.

And I think you're reading too much into the 'just home from the game' threads, although I've never started one myself.

I'm not, the main culprit (who is egged on by his dad, which is even sadder as you'd think at his age he might have grown up a bit) is desperate to let everyone know he's been to a game. He doesn't even wait until he gets home now......bloody smartphones!

What I don't understand is the "What is the best way to get to Selhurst Park" etc threads. That really isn't difficult information to find out.

Well yes I'd agree with you on that. However it does make me laugh when people ask as at least half of them don't mention where they are travelling from. Up there with the "is the M25 going to busy at 4:30 tomorrow" threads. Which reminds me I must get some more batteries for my crystal ball.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I go into pubs on my own quite frequently. I must be well 'ard!

Yeah, or a bit, er, weird.

Can't think of anything worse to tell you the truth. People singing in pubs is VERY cringe worthy.

If that word (cringeworthy) was erased from the dictionary, Brighton would be a MUCH better football club to support. It's that word that stops new songs getting going, or virtually anything new being done by the fans.

Just don't get the fascination of drinking with other people just because they follow the same team as you. I'd rather drink in a pub for it's beer than it's clientèle

We know, you've told us. But if you don't get it and you like to go drinking by yourself, then why the need to moan at anyone else for it?

You really are a miserable sod. However, unlike dullards who do it just to wind people up (WW, TCB etc), I quite like you. I imagine you as a kind of Victor Meldrew character, sat at the bar in the corner of a pub, by yourself, moaning about everything you can think of. I like it.

I know, why not forget about the drink and just go to watch the match, that way there is less possibility of trouble. You know it makes sense.

If everyone did that the atmosphere would be shit. And that is a fact.

Dewe-Road-Gull

Jul 11, 2012

If you dont like an atmospheric pub ie Albion fans having a pint and having a chant then fine. But dont mock people for wanting to find the best place for that to happen. I dont want to go to London bridge with my pals to find everyman and his dog have stayed in Brighton to have a beer before heading straight to the game.
^ This

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

FFS. We've got to be one of the most precious clubs in the league, tinpot this, cringe worthy that, it's actually remarkable we have any songs or atmosphere at all....

If no one can say a typical pub they're meeting in, can you at least say where you're going so at least we can start a list of where not to go!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
FFS. We've got to be one of the most precious clubs in the league, tinpot this, cringe worthy that, it's actually remarkable we have any songs or atmosphere at all....

We don't!

If no one can say a typical pub they're meeting in, can you at least say where you're going so at least we can start a list of where not to go!

Any pub that has been mentioned on here it think it's safe to say I won't be there!

Dewe-Road-Gull

Jul 11, 2012
I know why dont all the boring bast*rds that have a problem with fans meeting up and having a few drinks meet up yourselves, maybe in the park on the swings - seems like some of you could do with a few more friends what with going to away days on your own - Anyway everyone else my band of 8 are starting at the railway bell around 11 after our fry up then we'll just go with the flow

Dewe-Road-Gull

Jul 11, 2012

If that word (cringeworthy) was erased from the dictionary, Brighton would be a MUCH better football club to support. It's that word that stops new songs getting going, or virtually anything new being done by the fans.

We know, you've told us. But if you don't get it and you like to go drinking by yourself, then why the need to moan at anyone else for it?

You really are a miserable sod. However, unlike dullards who do it just to wind people up (WW, TCB etc), I quite like you. I imagine you as a kind of Victor Meldrew character, sat at the bar in the corner of a pub, by yourself, moaning about everything you can think of. I like it.

If everyone did that the atmosphere would be shit. And that is a fact.
All of This

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

No I don't think so, just comfortable in my own and my friends company. As the majority of my friends are.

It's people looking to the internet for gratification that stops new songs getting started. As I mentioned in the thread the other night football does actually pre date the internet as do football songs.

Not moaning, just making an observation. And going back to your last post if people haven't got the balls to go in a pub on there own they are hardly going to try and start to get a new song going are they.

Thank you. I'm not trying to wind anyone up, in fact from it. If you see a miserable sod sitting on his own a pub it'll probably be me. Come over and introduce yourself, when I've got over laughing at the irony I'll buy you beer and we can sit together in an awkward silence. Ooooohhhh I think I've pulled

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Down here but post match

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No I don't think so, just comfortable in my own and my friends company. As the majority of my friends are.

I'm confused, are you on your own, or are you with friends?

Plus, if the majority of your friends are also comfortable on their own, do you have a minority that aren't? Do you think in using the term 'majority' you're over egging the number of friends you actually have ???

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm going on my jack so I don't know what I'm going to do yet.

All this talk is crap, I'm probably just going up on my own, early, in plain clothes and finding a pub to drink in, I'd rather drink with other Albion of course, but if I can't then I don't have to,

And since moving from brighton in the summer drinking in the bell at the station isn't an option either.

I'm just going to go with the flow and see how it turns out.

I will get a drink somewhere, if other people are in the same boat then pm me and we can sort something out. Not a problem.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm confused, are you on your own, or are you with friends?

I'm always around friends....after all strangers are just friends you haven't met yet!

Plus, if the majority of your friends are also comfortable on their own, do you have a minority that aren't?

Yes that is exactly what I am saying, some of my friends wouldn't dream of going for a drink on their own, however most would and do.

Do you think in using the term 'majority' you're over egging the number of friends you actually have ???

As [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION] has already uncovered I'm the miserable bloke in the corner of the pub who has no friends so I'm not sure it's possible to over egg!?! Although he did say he liked me so I counting it.

Friend Count: 1

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Well yeah, I don't want to get punched, after all, so I try to stay under cover. Although my hat sometimes gives it away.[/QUOTE]

Commander, I have the same trouble with my helmet! :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here