Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sarmiento

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Has promise but just hasn’t shown enough in his loans to justify a place with our competition for places. Think we got him on a free so if we get £5-10m would be great business.
Selling to a Championship club - even one with some parachute payments and money in the kitty from the sale of O'Shea - getting £5M would be VERY good business! £10M? Forget it!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Only played the equivalent of 7.1 full 90’s over the course of 5 starts and 15 sub appearances with 3 goals and 1 assist
and it was very publicly stated the reason for his loans last season was to play week in / week out football also to prove his fitness. Sadly didn’t happen at West Brom or Ipswich

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Thought he was a key performer for them but could be wrong.
If he was he’d have been starting every week. He was involved in a couple of late-late goals, but don’t think he was a major factor in their success last year.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
How long is left on his contract? To be honest I'm a little surprised we're not selling.

I suppose if he had a good season but still can't get into our squad, he'll boost his value plenty. Or ideally he comes back ready for the first team.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How long is left on his contract? To be honest I'm a little surprised we're not selling.

I suppose if he had a good season but still can't get into our squad, he'll boost his value plenty. Or ideally he comes back ready for the first team.
Exactly this - and I'm sure they'll have activated an option to extend his contract if necessary.

Burnley fans don't seem very impressed.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

He is contracted until June 2027 (plus the club have the option of an extra year).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’ve just got a feeling that the Big Six are going to be all over us next summer. I believe that the likes of Buonanotte, ACD, Sarmiento, O’Mahony and Barco could be vital as we look to replace huge money sales with existing loaned out talent.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
They won't all be able to offer champions league football like us though
I think all the good players on loan hedge 2 possibilities.
First that players get bought for silly money.
Secondly that we'll need a bigger squad for Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here