Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sarmiento

A shame - I think he could have been a good option for us at the end of games a la his Ipswich efforts

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Burnley? Bit of a shame - doesn't seem like the normal sort of progressive footballing team we normally loan to. Although I guess they've changed a bit in the last few years.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Burnley? Bit of a shame - doesn't seem like the normal sort of progressive footballing team we normally loan to. Although I guess they've changed a bit in the last few years.

Well they were progressive under Kompany. Not sure what their plan is this year.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Burnley will be right in the mix for promotion and with left winger Odobert joining Spurs there is a 1st XI position up for grabs.

I'm no fan of Burnley but this is a great opportunity for Sarmiento and - if successful - will either make the player and/or provide the Albion with a cash-in opportunity, a bit like the £20 mill Ipswich just paid Chelsea for Omari Hutchinson after a successful loan season.

I'd much rather this than - say - him going to Rangers, ripping up the SPL but then Rangers offering £4mill and some bottle tops at the end of it, like with Sima.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He's never gonna be good enough for us.

I guess we couldn't find a buyer. Feel a bit sorry for him. He's just not wanted by anyone. Someone needs to give him a home.
Have to say I agree.
Quite a heavy touch generally and dreadful along with Lamptey in the first half vs Crawley.

After the goal he did well to be fair.
Still hope he does well.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Nope,got this one wrong,even if we signed a considered better player, Sarmiento gives a completely different option for a manager, really surprised at this one tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here