Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Santa will bring us Vicente

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
With respect Tony is the real gambler here, and the gamble is still in play.. :beer:

Tony B is a gambler, but he doesn't win every bet. Given the amount of games Vicente has missed last season and this, the bet is already lost, even if V rises like a Phoenix from his death-bed and plays regularly for the rest of the season which, of course, he won't.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To protect the club's assets through a hoped for sale to Elche or elsewhere, maybe?

Why didn't he sell him then, instead of which he'll go at the end of the season for free? Tony B may be a gambler for a hobby but he made his money by being an astute businessman.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Oh dear. Another thread for the same old crew to lay into Vicente.

Very sad.

The reason for this thread was to let people know the latest news on Vicente from the club.
Personally I would love to see the guy play again - but there has been a lot of confusing information as to his readiness to a) train and b) play. Last week Poyet was talking about him have a game in the DS.

I think people are entitled to judge, as paying fans, whether he is value for money and given his history, the chances of him making an effective contribution.

One thing I am sure of is that if Orlandi and Lopez had half the skills of Vicente no one would give a shit about him not playing.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Hmmm, I'm beginning to suspect you might be talking bollocks BW.

You are making two arguments and not being coherent on either of them. "the bet is already lost, even if V rises like a Phoenix from his death-bed and plays regularly for the rest of the season". So he has missed less than half of the season - less than a quarter(?) but if he came back and played every game in the season and helped us win promotion, he'd still be a bad signing? Okayy...

And you know how much he is getting paid, but you can't possibly say on here to back up your argument? Instead you'd rather look like you are making empty claims about having insider information? Hmmm.

Something isn't adding up here!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
the bet is already lost, even if V rises like a Phoenix from his death-bed and plays regularly for the rest of the season which, of course, he won't.

So if he played 30 games this season and helped us get promoted (a £60m cash boost), that would be 'bet lost'?

I don't think you understand gambling....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The reason for this thread was to let people know the latest news on Vicente from the club.
Personally I would love to see the guy play again - but there has been a lot of confusing information as to his readiness to a) train and b) play. Last week Poyet was talking about him have a game in the DS.

I think people are entitled to judge, as paying fans, whether he is value for money and given his history, the chances of him making an effective contribution.

One thing I am sure of is that if Orlandi and Lopez had half the skills of Vicente no one would give a shit about him not playing.

Best post on this subject ever written. Kudos.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
18 League appearances for us in total, we've won just 4 of those he played in. I love watching him play but the stats suggest he's all tits and no fanny.

No they don't. They suggest that the TEAM performances at that time were poor.

The STATS will actually tell you that during that run he was scoring or creating a goal every 45 minutes of playing time he was on the pitch.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
It's like buying the best sports car in the world.... and then realising that the engine is completely f***ed!

Complete waste of money.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Posters make up their minds on what they think they've heard or heard someone else say. Listening to facts doesn't compute.

Here's something I haven't think I've heard or heard someone else say, he's injury prone and never plays for us, how does that compute? Also it's quite obvious from Gus's past comments on a number of occasions that it isn't just a case of him simply being injured and there are other factors at work whatever they may be but are likely to be mental or family issues. The thing is how long does the club persevere and carry a player who isn't contributing? It doesn't matter how good they are or what their reputation is, I also wouldn't imagine it has a particularly positive impact on the rest of the squad either seeing him get such special treatment.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
All of this would be largely irrelevant if the club acknowledged that it's supporters have concerns about several issues like this (eg the commitment to buying/ loaning a goal scorer) and gave us more honest and accurate information from time to time, rather than Gus's ramblings during an interview/ press conference after the latest match. Much of what he says on Vicente seems to get lost in translation or is misinterpreted by the press or us readers - an example being all that nonsense about V not liking to play on a cold Monday night in the Development Squad.

So, my questions to TB or GP would be:-

What injury/ condition does Vicente really have?
Does he want to continue playing for the Albion - or is he keen to return home ?
Is he being paid for performances ?
Are we seriously looking to bring in a player to improve the goal scoring or is this just a sop for the fans ?
What will happen if home crowds (although not the official figures) start to drop. i.e. they are giving the attendance as 26,000 when it is clear there are no more than 20,000 in the stadium for some games.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Here's something I haven't think I've heard or heard someone else say, he's injury prone and never plays for us, how does that compute? Also it's quite obvious from Gus's past comments on a number of occasions that it isn't just a case of him simply being injured and there are other factors at work whatever they may be but are likely to be mental or family issues. The thing is how long does the club persevere and carry a player who isn't contributing? It doesn't matter how good they are or what their reputation is, I also wouldn't imagine it has a particularly positive impact on the rest of the squad either seeing him get such special treatment.

The club will do exactly as it has in the past with players like Dodds & Kitson both of whom have already been mentioned on this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here