Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Santa will bring us Vicente

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
1) Do you know the wages he is on?
2) If we get him for 4 to 5 months then he is worth EVERY penny.

If, when he played, he had a TERRIBLE attitude then yes, I would be annoyed. But he is CLASS.

He could be the best player in the world (he isn't), but he is of zero value if he never players.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So because he is a MUCH better player than Kitson that means there is more reason to get rid of him?

Surely, knowing how BRILLIANT he is means we should give him MORE time?

He's had more than enough time.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
One man can't make a team, no matter how good he is, especially playing the position he does which RELIES on having quality players in front of and around him. It has been patently obvious in the games I've seen him play that he is at least three steps ahead of his teammates in footballing intelligence and quality of touch. He gets his head up and sees Ashley Barnes standing offside, Gary Dicker trying his best (God bless him) to keep up with play - what can he possibly do?!

He is class, but he is also unfit, so of ZERO value to any team, which is why the allegedly better clubs won't touch him with a barge pole. Dicker has contributed far more than him this season BTW.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh dear. Another thread for the same old crew to lay into Vicente.

Very sad.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Who'd have ever thought a Brighton fan would be saying those words? Mad

If Vicente was a 19 year old youth team graduate with injury problems, no one would have this opinion.

However, because people expect SO much from him (because he is insanely good), they lose COMPLETE context.

Yes, we want him to play, and it's frustrating, but it's not like he's TEVEZ and has gone off on a jolly. He is making sure he comes back 100%. It is WELL worth the risk.

The club would OBVIOUSLY have factored this is when offering him a contract so its not like its going to be bankrupting us. Its a risk and one I would take every time in the same situation.

It is a risk, and we are paying him far too much to be satisfied with his ongoing absence. Risk taken. Loss made.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
He is class, but he is also unfit, so of ZERO value to any team

As is the case with ANY injured player.

Personally, I would rather see him back after Christmas, PROPERLY fit, rather than see him thrown in for a few 20 minute cameos and run the risk of ruining the work the club's medical staff have been doing.

If we are still there or thereabouts come January 1st then a fully fit Vicente will be an absolute BONUS. And I reckon we will be. Despite all the hysteria on here, we are not quite as bad as some would make out and, given some better luck in front of goal, we would still be top of the league.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Personally, I would rather see him back after Christmas, PROPERLY fit, rather than see him thrown in for a few 20 minute cameos and run the risk of ruining the work the club's medical staff have been doing.

So would everyone but you can understand the frustration. I still can't believe he was played at Swinners.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I love Vicente.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh dear. Another thread for the same old crew to lay into Vicente.

Very sad.

It's sad that some on here can't see that OUR CLUB are paying him good money week in, week out, paying God knows what in medical, and he is contributing fcuk all.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
As is the case with ANY injured player.

If we are still there or thereabouts come January 1st then a fully fit Vicente will be an absolute BONUS. And I reckon we will be. Despite all the hysteria on here, we are not quite as bad as some would make out and, given some better luck in front of goal, we would still be top of the league.

I like your optimism:

(a) re Vicente's fitness over the remainder of the season. Is this based on anything other than living in cloud cuckoo land?
(b) that our failure to score is down to bad luck, rather than poor play by our forwards. Unfortunately, that is just plain wrong.

Still, let's keep paying the Spanish God oodles of dosh, keep investing in his fitness, close our eyes to reality, and pray.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Who knows how much he is on? If it's any more than the amount we could pay in a loanees wages that might get us some goals then it's too much.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
But how can you and others proclaim outrage at the amount he is paid, when you have no idea how much he is being paid?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Santa will bring us VicenteSanta will bring us Vicente

Enough to p1ss Tony B off.

With respect Tony is the real gambler here, and the gamble is still in play.. :beer:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Which makes you wonder why Tony B invoked the second year clause and didn't release him.

To protect the club's assets through a hoped for sale to Elche or elsewhere, maybe?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But how can you and others proclaim outrage at the amount he is paid, when you have no idea how much he is being paid?

I DO have an idea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here