Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Santa will bring us Vicente

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I meant class as in class of player rather than scale of sickness, and by that I implied kitsons absence was not nearly as important as Vicentes is in my opinion.

So because he is a MUCH better player than Kitson that means there is more reason to get rid of him?

Surely, knowing how BRILLIANT he is means we should give him MORE time?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Undoubtedly the best player I've ever seen in an Albion shirt. Even at Burnley (a) last season, where we were atrocious, he was an absolute different class to everybody else on the pitch. It was embarrassing; with better forwards that CMS and Barnes who played that day, we would've won that game easily. He must've played three/four perfect through-balls only for our forwards to miscontrol it/fall over etc etc.

Absolute class act, such a shame he doesn't appear to want to play. But to be be honest, it must be quite depressing for him having played alongside world class players for the majority of his career with Spain and Valencia, to have to deal with the likes of Gary Dicker. Harsh?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Undoubtedly the best player I've ever seen in an Albion shirt. Even at Burnley (a) last season, where we were atrocious, he was an absolute different class to everybody else on the pitch. It was embarrassing; with better forwards that CMS and Barnes who played that day, we would've won that game easily. He must've played three/four perfect through-balls only for our forwards to miscontrol it/fall over etc etc.

Absolute class act, such a shame he doesn't appear to want to play. But to be be honest, it must be quite depressing for him having played alongside world class players for the majority of his career with Spain and Valencia, to have to deal with the likes of Gary Dicker. Harsh?

If its so depressing to play alongside the likes of Dicker etc then either retire or do something about it to play for a club with so called better players . The only way to do that is to play better so that someone else then wants you to play for them with their better players !

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So Roque Santa Cruz IS joining on loan from Malaga. :thumbup: :beer: :D

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If its so depressing to play alongside the likes of Dicker etc then either retire or do something about it to play for a club with so called better players . The only way to do that is to play better so that someone else then wants you to play for them with their better players !

One man can't make a team, no matter how good he is, especially playing the position he does which RELIES on having quality players in front of and around him. It has been patently obvious in the games I've seen him play that he is at least three steps ahead of his teammates in footballing intelligence and quality of touch. He gets his head up and sees Ashley Barnes standing offside, Gary Dicker trying his best (God bless him) to keep up with play - what can he possibly do?!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Exactly ..of course one man dosent , But if he performs week in week out don't you think somebody with a lot deeper pockets than BHA would then bid for him !

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I hate it when the 'sick note' gets thrown around. No one knows the true extent of the injury, and what's happening. At 30 odd years old, his body is just not what it once was. If we get more games out of him than we did last year, then I'm happy. We coped very well without him, and he'll only add to what we currently have when he's fit and ready to go.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Heard this all before, he was meant to be back playing for the Birmingham game and yet he's still not back.

Vicente can honestly f*** off.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Vicente can honestly f*** off.

Who'd have ever thought a Brighton fan would be saying those words? Mad

If Vicente was a 19 year old youth team graduate with injury problems, no one would have this opinion.

However, because people expect SO much from him (because he is insanely good), they lose COMPLETE context.

Yes, we want him to play, and it's frustrating, but it's not like he's TEVEZ and has gone off on a jolly. He is making sure he comes back 100%. It is WELL worth the risk.

The club would OBVIOUSLY have factored this is when offering him a contract so its not like its going to be bankrupting us. Its a risk and one I would take every time in the same situation.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
What exactly is he off "sick" with, what's his injury?

D

Deleted member 18477

We'll need him at this rate to keep us up! Relegation candidates on form.

As much as I love watching Vicente I'm really bored of his injury saga. He'll move back to Spain next year and play 20-25 games.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
18 League appearances for us in total, we've won just 4 of those he played in. I love watching him play but the stats suggest he's all tits and no fanny.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You don't remember Kitson? We only got full 2 games out of him all season.
Jason Dodds was another one but we may have got 5 games out of him.

Dean Blackwell was also injured midway through his contract. I remember the club paid his wages for the final whole season before he was released and retired from the pro game.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He wouldn't like Christmas around my gaff, Vicente, so i hope i don't unwrap him on that day. He's probably up for music and dances and boardgames for the family and maybe gorging on some sort of skewered boar. He'll get none of that around mine. I'm going to be broiling my regular vegetarian lunch of quorn gonad appetiser followed by a roasted Linda McCartney Soya Bean Armadillo Heart Pie main and half a pint of chip fat to wash it all down. We then turn the radio up loudly so as not to hear each other's annual gripes and make sure we wear outfits that match the seats we're sat on as to chameleonically blend into our surroundings and remain unseen until it all ends and homelife and regularity is reformed.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Roque Santa Cruz?

Anyways reckon he'll be back just after Christmas - play a couple of blinders including the Watford game on telly and then we'll sell him in the transfer window.

I am torn between some of the negative comments on this board and my memory of him coming on against Portsmouth in the last 30' last season, gliding around like he was from another planet and scoring twice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here