Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Santa will bring us Vicente

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Oatway said: "He is on his way back. He's had a couple of different types of treatment. We are looking at hopefully him starting training very soon"

"It's slowly, slowly, and hopefully we will get the benefits from Christmas onwards."

Surely it will be a bit too nippy for him by then...............

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Oatway said: "He is on his way back. He's had a couple of different types of treatment. We are looking at hopefully him starting training very soon"

"It's slowly, slowly, and hopefully we will get the benefits from Christmas onwards."

Surely it will be a bit too nippy for him by then...............

Where you getting that quote from mate? Good to hear some news with a rough timeframe.......

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Bored of Vicente now, waste of wages. I have never known a player so fragile and made of glass as this fella nor have I read about a player so many times about almost being ready to start training! Xmas ffs, really? Promised so much but has delivered so little.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bored of Vicente now, waste of wages. I have never known a player so fragile and made of glass as this fella nor have I read about a player so many times about almost being ready to start training! Xmas ffs, really? Promised so much but has delivered so little.

You don't remember Kitson? We only got full 2 games out of him all season.
Jason Dodds was another one but we may have got 5 games out of him.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

I don't think it's his body that's the problem. That's why it's so difficult for them to put accurate timescales on him returning. Just need to be patient and then sit back and marvel at his talent when he does return to play.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
You don't remember Kitson? We only got full 2 games out of him all season.
Jason Dodds was another one but we may have got 5 games out of him.

Yeah remember both of them and true they were on a par as sicknotes but never in the same class as Vicente. Vicente is just taking the piss now, I've been patient and supportive of him but for the length of time he's been here his impact has been negligible and it's time to hold our hands up and admit it hasn't worked out. The club have bent over backwards and gone beyond positive treatment of any player I have ever seen in over 40 years watching the Albion alas it appears he has brought all the same problems he had in his final seasons at Valencia, whatever they may be, mental, physical or family problems who knows but the end result is that he isn't playing or having any kind of positive impact and needs to be got shot of.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

1) Do you know the wages he is on?
2) If we get him for 4 to 5 months then he is worth EVERY penny.

If, when he played, he had a TERRIBLE attitude then yes, I would be annoyed. But he is CLASS.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
1) Do you know the wages he is on?
2) If we get him for 4 to 5 months then he is worth EVERY penny.

If, when he played, he had a TERRIBLE attitude then yes, I would be annoyed. But he is CLASS.

Waste of wages, money, finances whatever you want to label it stop splitting hairs, I just don't think he's been a good investment. And I agree he is class but he's not playing is he so its immaterial.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah remember both of them and true they were on a par as sicknotes but never in the same class as Vicente.

Appearances and contributions to the Albion cause, I would say they were very much under par as my examples have shown. Kitson had one good goal at Reading whereas Vicente thrilled us with games where he did play and scored. We're all frustrated that he can't play for whatever reason but he's by no means the worst.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
How many assists did he get last year? I remember it at one point averaging around 1.5 a game but not sure what the final figure was?

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I think he got more assists in his limited games than Zaha did all season! Don't get me wrong I'd love it if he could play but really can't see it happening and even if he did play for us again I'm convinced another hard to diagnose and treat 'injury' would be a couple of games away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here